Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 08:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay, here is something that relates.
My neighbor was taking care of her four year old granddaughter the other day and told me she was shocked that when she drove her granddaughter downtown she was afraid to get out of the car because there were black people standing nearby. She started crying and said, “they will hurt me”
Both my neighbor and this girl’s parents are very liberal — so where did this young girl get that information?
The same people who are quick to point out Jesse Jackson saying that he feels relieved sometimes when the foot steps coming up behind him turns out to be a white person and not black (paraphrasing). Yet, they attack the Doll test as being invalid. No. It speaks truth! People just do not want to accept how deep racism is entrenched into the minds of Americans...particularly blacks.

America is infected with anti-black racism. All groups have the infection. Does this not explain why blacks would kill each other more or have children out of wedlock more? A lack of self respect translates to a lack of respect for others, especially those who remind you of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 08:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that is a terrible analogy. Different races are not different species. I would agree that its not natural to be sexually attracted to something that one cannot reproduce in whole. If a person is sexuality attracted to someone because of RACE, primarily, that person has a mental problem. If you go out looking to date a different race than your own...thinking its "better" or something....that is a problem.
Correct, but lately, it feels like different political party preferences are different species.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:57 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Here is an example. I work with an Hispanic woman who got pregnant by a black guy. She had the kid and the man never looked back. From day one we worked together all she said was what a loser he was, this and that. I know for fact she didn't shut that off when her son was around so by default her son sees his dad as a loser. Multiply that by a few million single mom families in the black community.

She saw no responsibility for anything that happened.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:04 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Quote:
Because white domination has conditioned people to see the world in such a way that favors things white. People don't generally like wearing the Jersey of teams with bad records, unless you are from that city. When you are at the top, you set the standards de facto.
What if a test in Africa of kids/parents who'd never seen whites came out the same way?

Also these kids are part white themselves, what do you think about that?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Haven't read the comments and it is very disconcerting but I'd like to know the backgrounds of these children. Do they live in inner city neighborhoods where they seen, heard and experienced violence. Are the neighborhoods somewhere where the cops are always present and arresting blacks?

My niece adopted a black child 15 yrs ago as her mom had her when the mother was only 14. My niece and her husband have never made race an issue. They let the child see her mother and sister as the girl became pregnant within a yr of having my niece's daughter. I couldn't be prouder of my niece's daughter and all of her accomplishments. She doesn't see color she sees people's character but I can imagine her viewing things much differently had she continued to live in the inner city.
We ALL see color. Don't say that. I know what you mean but that immediately works to discredit what you are saying because SIGHT is one of the 5 senses.

Different histories in America have resulted in different current conditions in America, racially. Humans and animals have the ability to recognize patterns in what it is that they sense and or experience. This pattern recognition IS ALWAYS TURNED ON, whether one is conscious of it or not. Most of it takes place at the subconscious level without you being aware that it is taking place. That is why you can drive to work, often, without even thinking about it, if you have driven the same route a thousand times. You will turn and do what you need to do without even thinking about it. Its subconscious.

If you shelter a child from the world and only let them see a world of black equality....then a child can be raised free of racism. However, what happens when they get exposed to the other reality? How do they adjust are they mentally prepared to adjust?

Old 06-09-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
What if a test in Africa of kids/parents who'd never seen whites came out the same way?

Also these kids are part white themselves, what do you think about that?
What do I think about that? I think you are trying to avoid an uncomfortable truth.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:14 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
People are individuals and view everyone differently. Trying to make everyone believe the same thing is fools game. This entire argument seems to be about victimization vs. personal responsibility.

This was posted above:

Quote:
Here is an example. I work with an Hispanic woman who got pregnant by a black guy. She had the kid and the man never looked back. From day one we worked together all she said was what a loser he was, this and that. I know for fact she didn't shut that off when her son was around so by default her son sees his dad as a loser. Multiply that by a few million single mom families in the black community.

She saw no responsibility for anything that happened.

Start fixing that and with 72% of black kids born out of wedlock you have a lot of fixing to do. My black next door neighbor thinks completely different than the OP - and probably does so because he doesn't make himself the victim - he makes himself the solution.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Well....if she told her personal stories of racism you probably would, at worst, reject that what she was experiencing was racism and at best accept it but say that is anecdotal.

I am 55. I got stories to tell up the ying yang. However....I don't tell because this is not about ME. I did not really feel anything about the death of George Floyd. Why? Because my views on race, the police, etc is most profoundly the product of my personal experiences, the experience of my parents and grand parents, siblings, etc.

Here is the thing. You don't know when you are the victim of racism in MOST cases. You could have a name that sounds black or you could have an address that would lead people to assume you are black.....and your application or Resume gets thrown in the trash. How would you know?
She didn't tell her personal stories or racism. She says she feels the trauma of racism every day, and her only anecdote was the stories she heard from her grandpa. It's residual trauma from something someone else felt. Again, I'm all ears as to how you get past that..or how her kids get past it when they are told their history, or their kids, or their kids.

If you keep perpetuating that you are an outsider because you ancestors were brought here on slave ships....when will you stop feeling like an outsider? I think in a way you are saying something similar. Self respect is the first step for black people moving forward in this society, not having white people plead for forgiveness.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:20 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Last night on local NY news there was an interview with a young black woman regarding the Floyd case and protests.

She was attractive, very well spoken and obviously educated, and her response in the interview was "I feel the trauma of racism every day....I hear the stories from my grandfather how the police treated him badly and it hurts me"

That's exactly it. She "feels" the trauma of racism, whether she is actually being discriminated against or not.

How can we get past that? I wouldn't tell anyone they can't learn their history, but what good is it doing this more than capable young woman to instill "trauma" in her that she's never actually endured? Do the grandchildren of Jewish holocaust survivors feel "trauma" too?
to me, these are the interviews that matter - the calm and peaceful black protestor on the street. We've had a lot of "I am a black mother and my young son is fine now, but I know/fear the day is coming..." locally, and yes, it breaks my heart.

It's 2 parts:

*reality
*perception

The perception among some blacks (most, it seems, or we're led to believe so) is it will happen simply because they are black. That cops intentionally go to the "black part of town" and look for a reason to bust/hassle law-abiding blacks. That when a black man is approached for the exact same suspected violation that a white man is, the black man will be treated worse by the cops. Whenever this IS reality, it has to be changed, now. There are actually pretty simple mechanisms to correct this.

I will tell you the perception among whites is NOT that "black men naturally grow up to be criminals".

What we all know is that "white-led solutions" attempted over the last 60 years have apparently not worked. Which is why I ALWAYS ask Indentured what HIS possible solutions are.

Reality is an entirely different post.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
People are individuals and view everyone differently. Trying to make everyone believe the same thing is fools game. This entire argument seems to be about victimization vs. personal responsibility.

This was posted above:

Start fixing that and with 72% of black kids born out of wedlock you have a lot of fixing to do. My black next door neighbor thinks completely different than the OP - and probably does so because he doesn't make himself the victim - he makes himself the solution.
How do you fix that without understanding the root of the cause?

Here is the thing with me. I am asking NOTHING from white people. When I have a personal challenge in my life my solution is to first find a way to make myself stronger than whatever it is against me, whether that be a person, health, economics, etc.

Hence, my solution for black people is for black people embrace and uplift black people. My solution is blacks becoming stronger. That means blacks DISCRIMINATING in the favor of their own and looking to do for their own before others. That also means black teaching young blacks to have a healthy view of black people. Again....This song from the 60's says it all for me and what we should be teaching young blacks as adult blacks.

And don't get it twisted. I am not AXING for white permission of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvrFKL9A4w

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-09-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies