Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 02:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

The people going to see Trump will peaceful.

This is true violence. All the Trump haters in this topic are very hypocritically silent over this kind of intolerant violence.

George Washington statue is covered in a burning American flag before being toppled by Portland protesters in Oregon

Old 06-19-2020, 02:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I love how you only count Trump supporters as "Real" America. The rest of the Nation is equally important as well.

I didn't say anything about Trump supporters. Not one time. That's a word you used. But if you are saying that people who support Trump are for a peaceful loving country that doesn't settle arguments with censorship, burnings & lootings, you are right. And you can bet they aren't wishing covid on people like I've seen done in some reprehensible posts.

Did you speak out about the violence at ANY George Floyd event anywhere on this forum?

Old 06-19-2020, 03:24 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I want more people to ask themselves this. Why would Trump plan a rally on Juneteenth?

Old 06-19-2020, 03:27 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I want more people to ask themselves this. Why would Trump plan a rally on Juneteenth?
because no one knew what juneteenth was. including the people who are now offended. ya'll should have come up with a more snappy name for people to remember it.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because no one knew what juneteenth was. including the people who are now offended. ya'll should have come up with a more snappy name for people to remember it.
I know what Juneteenth is. I've know what it was since I was a teenager (in the early 2000s). I read about it in some books at the library. I didn't even learn about it in school. I didn't even learn about the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921 in school (had to learn about that watching television).

And your own flippant remark reminds me why I have no empathy for individuals who are angry about Confederate monuments being torn down.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:35 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Unfortunately for our nation, Donald Trump is egging for a fight. He wants his Boogaloo Boys and his LIBERATE TYPES to engage with peaceful protesters. He has also made threatening tweets about how protesters will be treated.

I hope those who have been tirelessly and courageously raising awareness of the injustice of racism and police brutality take a break tomorrow evening, because I believe, based on Trump's tweets, today, that he wants violence to erupt tomorrow night. Thank goodness his threats have served as a catalyst for the local authorities to impose a curfew.

Trump is holding his first mid-pandemic rally in a place and at a time guaranteed to make people angry and upset. He’s coming to a state fast becoming a coronavirus hotspot and putting on a rally almost certain to spread covid-19. In advance of the event, he’s ratcheting up tensions and threatening violence against peaceful protesters.

Yes, this shamefully is The President of the United States of America, that we are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well. Listen to you......

It's you doing all the name calling and tossing out molotov cocktails and making threats before any even has taken place.

You guys demonstrate exactly that which you accuse.

I bet you didn't say one single thing about the George Floyd riots on this forum. And that says it all.
Name calling in my above post? Where dear? Molotov cocktails? Please! The kitty doth protest too much, methinks. And makes stuff up.

Donald Trump is inciting violence again. That is shameful and the truth. You know this as well as anyone, as that is why you have to resort to attacking and lying about others' posts as opposed to mounting any type of coherent or credible defense of the most racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, cruel and inept president to hold the office that he desecrates daily.

There, you wanted name calling, now you have it!

Old 06-19-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I know what Juneteenth is. I've know what it was since I was a teenager (in the early 2000s). I read about it in some books at the library. I didn't even learn about it in school. I didn't even learn about the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921 in school (had to learn about that watching television).

And your own flippant remark reminds me why I have no empathy for individuals who are angry about Confederate monuments being torn down.
I'm not angry. I'm not the one throwing art into rivers and screaming at red hats. you know what juneteenth is because trump told you what it is. technically every single day is a damn holiday anymore. we just keep making them up out of thin air.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I'm not angry. I'm not the one throwing art into rivers and screaming at red hats. you know what juneteenth is because trump told you what it is. technically every single day is a damn holiday anymore. we just keep making them up out of thin air.
Well, I'm one that thinks Confederates don't deserve to be honored at all. Tearing down Confederate statues is a recognition of that. It's not art to me, it's a piece of feces to me.

By the way, you are wrong about how I know about Juneteenth. I read about Juneteenth in a book about Texas back in the early 2000s. If this doesn't suffice for you, then it's you with the problem, not me.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:44 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't say anything about Trump supporters. Not one time. That's a word you used. But if you are saying that people who support Trump are for a peaceful loving country that doesn't settle arguments with censorship, burnings & lootings, you are right. And you can bet they aren't wishing covid on people like I've seen done in some reprehensible posts.

Did you speak out about the violence at ANY George Floyd event anywhere on this forum?
I didn't participate in those discussions (I don't participate in every thread here) but I am against violent protests, looting, etc. However, I am all for non-violent protest. And I haven't wished Covid on anyone.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm one that thinks Confederates don't deserve to be honored at all. Tearing down Confederate statues is a recognition of that. It's not art to me, it's a piece of feces to me.

By the way, you are wrong about how I know about Juneteenth. I read about Juneteenth in a book about Texas back in the early 2000s. If this doesn't suffice for you, then it's you with the problem, not me.
but it is art. your problem is with the subject, not the artist. the destruction of art is literally taliban/nazi stuff. I am scared to ask where you stand on digging up and burning corpses. because we all know that's next if it hasn't started happening already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies