Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 04:53 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Didn't realize all these businesses were run by leftists, lol.
They're everywhere including Europe, their power is just amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 04:54 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They're everywhere including Europe, their power is just amazing.
And you know these businesses are run by leftists. Alrighty then.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:03 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And you know these businesses are run by leftists. Alrighty then.
We're talking about State Governors shutting down businesses that resulted in massive losses of jobs across our country. Haven't you heard?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:05 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
We're talking about State Governors shutting down businesses that resulted in massive losses of jobs across our country. Haven't you heard?

State governors that followed Trumps guidelines are now part of a leftist plot.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:06 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

It isn't the government shutting down the businesses I'm referring to. It's the owners.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:04 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Came across this from a friend - I’ll try to paste the English version. Basically Panama has seen the mutations of Covid from Asia- Italy and Spain and the US. As they travelled to Panama they were able to isolate and can now track the Panamanian mutation if goes to the USA as flights continue. So now how do we trap all the versions ??

The A2 PAN, a mutation of the Covid-19 that was born in Panama
Scientists determined that due to the country's location, four different lineages of the virus arrived from the United States, three from Europe (France, Italy, and Spain) and one from Asia. "The modifications in the virus variants gave rise to a new lineage, typical of the country, the A2 PAN", explains Juan Pascale, director of the Gorgas Commemorative Institute
ByMarlene Testa
Updated 06/15/2020 00:00
The new coronavirus is mutating and a new lineage of the virus has originated in Panama as a result of the modification of eight other variations that were imported from three regions of the world.

The country is still quarantined as a preventive measure. Roberto Barrios | The Panama Star
"The modifications in the virus variants gave rise to a new lineage, typical of the country, the A2 PAN," explained Juan Miguel Pascale, director of the Gorgas Commemorative Institute for Health Studies (Icges), in the Academic Webinar: Current Situation of the Covid-19, endorsed by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Panama."When the airport is reopened and we see that A2 PAN is mentioned in another country, it is because someone who left, who left here (Panama), infected another person," added Pascale.

https://www.laestrella.com.pa/nacion...acion-covid-19

Old 06-15-2020, 06:32 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Came across this from a friend - I’ll try to paste the English version. Basically Panama has seen the mutations of Covid from Asia- Italy and Spain and the US. As they travelled to Panama they were able to isolate and can now track the Panamanian mutation if goes to the USA as flights continue. So now how do we trap all the versions ??
I a not sure what you mean by "trap". The mutations are mainly useful in tracing how the virus is spreading geographically. So far there are no versions of the virus that appear to behave significantly differently from any others.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:13 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I a not sure what you mean by "trap". The mutations are mainly useful in tracing how the virus is spreading geographically. So far there are no versions of the virus that appear to behave significantly differently from any others.
I guess my thought was how to contain different versions with one vaccine. I understand they can track it - I was just wondering if this is better or worse problem for the human body. I read somewhere that mutations do not change the virus that much, but we see new things very day. The kids are showing very different symptoms . Could they be mutations ?

Old 06-15-2020, 09:52 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I guess my thought was how to contain different versions with one vaccine. I understand they can track it - I was just wondering if this is better or worse problem for the human body. I read somewhere that mutations do not change the virus that much, but we see new things very day. The kids are showing very different symptoms . Could they be mutations ?
Every virus mutates. The trick is to choose a protein (antigen) on the virus that mutates very little or not at all as the target for the vaccine.

The variation in response to the virus probably has more to do with the human host than the virus itself.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:39 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies