Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 07:13 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

In case no one is paying attention (or worse, listening to the MSM)-today was the lowest number of Chinavirus deaths since mid March (326). Only one day this week that was over 1000-for the first time in months. The death toll has been trending down every week. This, after we have been opening up for 6 weeks. Now, you might ask those in the MSM why they aren't reporting that, and instead are pushing FUD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 07:14 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Wht is this about "being scared?"
People are scared to go outside without a mask because they are afraid they will catch the "virus", they are scared to be closer than 6 feet from another person etc. So yes people are scared, i on the other hand not afraid and refuse to follow government guidelines.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
People are scared to go outside without a mask because they are afraid they will catch the "virus", they are scared to be closer than 6 feet from another person etc. So yes people are scared, i on the other hand not afraid and refuse to follow government guidelines.
I am not afraid of the virus. No I am afraid of people like you. Those that don't want to follow guidelines because it makes them look scared or think government guidelines are about control. People like you are why this virus continues to spread. People wear masks to prevent their coughs or a random allergy sneeze don't cause a panic. People stand six feet apart so they can't talk and get sick from a person's droplets when they accidentally spit.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

In case no one is paying attention (or worse, listening to the MSM)-today was the lowest number of Chinavirus deaths since mid March (326). Only one day this week that was over 1000-for the first time in months. The death toll has been trending down every week. This, after we have been opening up for 6 weeks. Now, you might ask those in the MSM why they aren't reporting that, and instead are pushing FUD.

That proves that either 1) The increase in raw case numbers is strictly due to more testing alone and not an actual increase in cases: only an increase in diagnosed cases or 2) The virus has mutated into a less lethal form or 3) The people now being infected are younger and healthier and are much more likely to recover from the virus than the wave that got infected in April OR 4) Some combination of any of the above. Take your pick!

Old 06-14-2020, 07:32 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am not afraid of the virus. No I am afraid of people like you. Those that don't want to follow guidelines because it makes them look scared or think government guidelines are about control. People like you are why this virus continues to spread. People wear masks to prevent their coughs or a random allergy sneeze don't cause a panic. People stand six feet apart so they can't talk and get sick from a person's droplets when they accidentally spit.
Anything i can do to spread this virus, i for sure will do it. This is nothing but more extreme version of regular flu and yes i refuse to give government control over me. Lock down should have never happened.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:42 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
If Trump loses the election covid-19 will instantly dissapear.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:45 PM

11,443 posts, read 626,427 times
Thats speaking quite boldly my friend......

You might be right but its still bold......

Old 06-14-2020, 07:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post

If the virus and lockdowns were entirely a political ploy to ruin the economy and destroy Trump, why did Italy and Span go into much stricter and earlier lockdowns than the U.S. when it doesn't matter to them which party wins the election in the U.S. in November. I do have a thread for people to debate the topic in this thought experiment if the pandemic had hit in a non-election year when Obama was president:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...xact-same.html

Old 06-14-2020, 08:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
We can only hope but I doubt it will regardless of who gets the state electors to win the presidency. In all likelihood it is here for a few years now.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:54 PM

15,442 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Anything i can do to spread this virus, i for sure will do it. This is nothing but more extreme version of regular flu and yes i refuse to give government control over me. Lock down should have never happened.
Once again, it is not the same as the flu. Never has been. It's an entirely different virus. Don't make the world more stupid.

Quote:
No it won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies