Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 11:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The problem is that many of these businesses that opened were in violation of the guidelines. Many groups of people gathering as if its time to celebrate the end of Covid-19. Both infections and hospitalizations are up in many places, all the experts warn this will be with us for over a year. Very foolish behavior.
I think that is common in many places. Arizona had a few reopen in Wickenburg and other areas like a week or so before we actually did reopen. County sheriffs didn't want to enforce the stay-at-home order by the governor. Then when we did reopen a restaurant/bar in Scottsdale was packed to pre-covid levels with no amount of social distance. Police similarly did nothing but "warn" the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 11:23 AM

6,273 posts, read 3,433,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many states would disagree. Thankfully, they are listening to the experts....

Read this book, that is on the Times best seller list, and you may change your mind about the so-called experts have padded numbers. Note the original forecast and the real numbers.

'Unreported Truths About Covid-19 and Lockdowns' by Alex Berenson.

Old 06-15-2020, 12:29 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,654,384 times
Quote:
Many states would disagree. Thankfully, they are listening to the experts and science. Not all, but some at least.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ns-rise-315720
This is already fake news. The virus isn't spiking, there's more testing being done compared to before.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:34 PM

37,168 posts, read 41,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, the problem was the "guidelines".

When have healthy people been quarantined before in history?

NEVER!
The whole point of quarantine is to isolate people who do not appear to be sick until it can be determined that they have not been infected. People who have been exposed (and those who are sick) should be quarantined. Telling people to stay home as much as possible to avoid being exposed is not quarantine.

Quote:
FAKE NEWS
Quote:
Damn right! I don't rely on globalist propoganda published this past March to support your narrative.

No buying it from the ever lying control freak left.

Pound sand!
The information is taken from statistics collected during the 1918 influenza epidemic. It is not fake.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:14 PM

57,414 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am speaking about the left collectively. The left (which includes the msm) is extremely hypocritical in who they call out for violating social distancing norms.

They don't base it on science. They base it on politics.

If Trump is making science a left/right issue so are elected Democrats, the media, and others.
The media has been critical about people protesting without masks. No one should be gathering in groups inside or outside in close proximity. Those protestors are a small percentage of the population, very few support the violation of health guidelines

Trump was praising the states for ignoring the scientific guidelines of his own health experts. He is setting up a rally in Tulsa and a convention in Jacksonville, is that supposed to be based on science.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:16 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,077,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I am not but this vaccine is rushed. It takes years before vaccine normally gets approved and shown it is safe. All corners are being cut with his vaccine
Many people who don't know anything about vaccine development get this idea that it takes years & years just to find the vaccine, so we can't possibly have one this winter. That's not usually how it works for a slow-to-mutate virus. This misconception has found its way into the general discourse on vaccine development. Also, CoV2 has so much homology with the first SARS that all of the vaccine development that has gone on for the last 16+ years can be incorporated. And, there are new flu vaccines created every year.

More likely than not, an effective vaccine has already been created, or at least its basic platform now exists. It's just that it will take alot of trials & testing to get the best/safest one out there to be ready. That's what can take years, especially if the infection rate declines. But if this outbreak keeps going all over the world, this will significantly speed up the efficacy side of development, and get us to the point where we just need safety data.

I'm leaving out some things, but that's the general idea. The data & time needed for safety can vary widely depending on the platform used. I'm sure you heard by now the guy who got sick on the Moderna vaccine. Well, he got the highest dose - and it's not going to be used going forward, so he was just the lucky guy who got to experience what happens when you get more than you need.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:18 PM

57,414 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think that is common in many places. Arizona had a few reopen in Wickenburg and other areas like a week or so before we actually did reopen. County sheriffs didn't want to enforce the stay-at-home order by the governor. Then when we did reopen a restaurant/bar in Scottsdale was packed to pre-covid levels with no amount of social distance. Police similarly did nothing but "warn" the bar.
Same thing in Manhattan, people were congregating outside and inside bars and the owners didn't take any action.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:19 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This is insanely easy to differentiate. Was there illegal activity including arson, looting and destruction of property happening? If yes, that's a riot. If no, then it might be a protest.

So would you be willing to contend that these "protests" did not coincide with massive amounts of looting, burning, assault, murder, arson, etc.? Would you be willing to make the case here and now that none of "peaceful protestors" engaged in violence, looting, arson and rioting?
I can't make a case for anyone involved because I don't know these people. I don't watch much of the news these days, but I do know there are peaceful protesters and then there are the rioters and looters. Other than that, I got nothing.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:22 PM

78,598 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Many states would disagree. Thankfully, they are listening to the experts and science. Not all, but some at least.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ns-rise-315720
The death rate in NYC was at least 20x higher than where I am at.

A diversity of opinions and responses is the best approach imo instead of these one-way is the right way attitudes. Wait for the statistics on the spike in evictions, homelessness, suicide, bankruptcies etc. roll in over the rest of the year and ask yourself if in some places the cure was worse than the disease.

P.S. I took it extremely seriously, I'm just a bit annoyed that with so much population and media located in high population metros and especially the east coast if they lack diversity of perspective and frankly a rather arrogant position on the matter.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:28 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,397,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The whole point of quarantine is to isolate people who do not appear to be sick until it can be determined that they have not been infected. People who have been exposed (and those who are sick) should be quarantined. Telling people to stay home as much as possible to avoid being exposed is not quarantine.

The information is taken from statistics collected during the 1918 influenza epidemic. It is not fake.
No sale, Melinda!

The DEFINITION of quarantine is to isolate SICK people, not HEALTHY people!!!

Covid19_84
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies