Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they’re even turning on their pals at cnn

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/0...en-sot-vpx.cnn
Savages will turn on anyone at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 09:26 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It breaks my heart for those who are law abiding and have nothing to do with this, but as for the rest of them - I don't care. They can starve.
The law-abiding will flee, no matter their race.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:27 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Absolutely - It is a given that a Police Officer is good enough at this stuff not to lose his weapons to a drunk.

If he is not he or she should not be out on patrol.

And even after that the implement the guy appeared to get hold of is not a lethal device - at least according to the Police. So why would the Police respond to it with lethal force?

The right has problem dealing with the absurdity of these situations. They want to have it both ways.
Yes! He probably should've used a choke hold - that would've most likely worked ...

Oh wait.

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:

‘some people did something’ ?
They didn't want CNN to film them burning down the Wendy's.

OTOH CNN probably considers it an act of civil disobedience so you'd think they'd be ok with it.

In the end the SJWs always turn on their own.

JL

8,522 posts, read 14,544,095 times
So was he sleeping in his car because he was afraid to drive home drunk? Why did he block the drive-thru lane? Did he not move the vehicle to the parking lot when the manager asked him i assume? Thus having to call the cops? Did the cops just decided to arrest him or the reason was that he refused to move his vehicle out of the drive thru lane and into the parking lot even after the cops told him to?

Old 06-13-2020, 09:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It depends on how much money they get for free (tax breaks, subsidies, and if insurance is regulated).

But at this point...I think you're right. This is too much. They would need to shame the insurance companies to give much lower rates despite the fact that the building can burn at any time now...apparently.

Back in the old hood you had a lot of mid-size regional businesses try to set up shop while getting all those benefits.

They'd last a year or two or maybe three but the daily "average savagery" was just too much. The shoplifting alone is a nightmare. Guys chillin' just outside the store selling crack, broken glass everywhere in the parking lot (because when you're done with your drink in the hood you just throw it on the ground) and domestics run like clockwork.

Then a rape every x months and finally a homicide or two and it's finally over. They get the hell out of Dodge.

Full-on riots and the building being burned down at any moment is going to be a hard sell to the insurance companies. I'd love to be in the room to witness that negotiation though.
Even the folks in those neighborhoods would be crazy to open businesses there. The liability is too high.
And nobody talks about the emotional impact of business owners that watch their businesses devastated like this.

There were businesses in Chicago which were started on fire - with no regard to the people living in apartments above them either.

The idiots on CNN sound orgasmic about this latest turn of events.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:28 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's like nobody on the news is batting an eye over the arson. Is that considered normal now?
Arson? Don’t you mean revolution? Oops I mean social progress?

This crime of arson that massively hurts the locals who had jobs there, and not the billion dollar chain who has insurance is the symbolic change that was so desperately needed in these communities.

Less jobs, less opportunities, less property value, more arson, and more crime equals change.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 PM

6,825 posts, read 14,043,433 times
I have a few questions that I honestly don't know answer.

1. Is a taser considered a lethal weapon.
2. Did the guy who got shot fire the taser at the officer and if he did was it before or after the cop fired.
3. What is the range of a taser.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:

‘some people did something’ ?
Must have been all those “white supremacists from out of town”

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I wish Atlanta economic collapse and eternal devastation

Old 06-13-2020, 09:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Arson? Don’t you mean revolution? Oops I mean social progress?

This crime of arson that massively hurts the locals who had jobs there, and not the billion dollar chain who has insurance is the symbolic change that was so desperately needed in these communities.

Less jobs, less opportunities, less property value, more arson, and more crime equals change.
All joking aside I feel so bad for the people that worked at that location.

If they're lucky they'll get shifts at other store locations but they'll have to travel and they'll get reduced hours...at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies