Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 10:41 AM

14,780 posts, read 8,115,126 times

Advertisements

First the cops in New York push that 75 year old man down and his head starts bleeding...now this.
Is this how far we have sunk? Is there no respect for elderly people any more. Evidently, civility, kindness, respect and decency is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:43 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
First the cops in New York push that 75 year old man down and his head starts bleeding...now this.
Is this how far we have sunk? Is there no respect for elderly people any more. Evidently, civility, kindness, respect and decency is dead.
This has nothing to do with cops.

I’d trust those cops every day of the week before I trust the man in the video in the OP, and I’m black.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:44 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can’t believe I have to say this. There are terrible people in every community. I don’t know why some would think this would be endorsed by the black community at large. I don’t know any black person that would endorse this kind of behavior. It is highly possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race by a despicable, hateful person. Is it too much to ask that posters here don’t lump all black people together and think that they would endorse this kind of behavior?
Ever been to twitter?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:47 AM

97 posts, read 42,317 times
This is what bugs me when I hear the term "Silence is Violence" or these memes that people pass around Facebook that tell me I am supposed to read books like "White Fragility", I am supposed to examine and apologize for my privilege and I am supposed to "sit with my discomfort". I get told over and over again how evil and guilty I am because color of my skin and my gender, when I have not done anything to anyone.

Meanwhile, we get behavior like this. Pure hate crime. Pure racist hate crime and the coward knows that nobody is going to do anything about it in the current climate.

Do you see the problem here?
White people are getting called out and shamed for not being vocal enough for BLM or being silent while behavior like this, along with looting, rioting, arson and even murder gets excused and swept under the rug.

There was 110% sympathy and agreement after George Floyd.

Getting lectured to by leftists who tell me that I need to apologize for my privilege and "sit in my discomfort" while they completely ignore behavior like this is a big part of the reason people are starting to tune out and get fed up.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:49 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can’t believe I have to say this. There are terrible people in every community. L
But we the black community are over represented with terrible people, and I’m black.

We are 14% of the population which means we should not be committing more than 14% of the crime, or murder, or representation of the prison racial makeup.

This whole “every race has bad apples” completely misses the point. Every race does not constitute 50% of US murders while only being 14% of the US population. We, black people, are the only ones.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:49 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
A product of lack of parenting, or none whatsoever. Media has some to blame, too. These kids (And adults) are easily manipulated by fake news media

Old 06-16-2020, 10:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
This is what bugs me when I hear the term "Silence is Violence" or these memes that people pass around Facebook that tell me I am supposed to read books like "White Fragility", I am supposed to examine and apologize for my privilege and I am supposed to "sit with my discomfort". I get told over and over again how evil and guilty I am because color of my skin and my gender, when I have not done anything to anyone.

Meanwhile, we get behavior like this. Pure hate crime. Pure racist hate crime and the coward knows that nobody is going to do anything about it in the current climate.

Do you see the problem here?
White people are getting called out and shamed for not being vocal enough for BLM or being silent while behavior like this, along with looting, rioting, arson and even murder gets excused and swept under the rug.

There was 110% sympathy and agreement after George Floyd.

Getting lectured to by leftists who tell me that I need to apologize for my privilege and "sit in my discomfort" while they completely ignore behavior like this is a big part of the reason people are starting to tune out and get fed up.
This is a great point. Protest fatigue has set in, and the more violence and damage that Americans witness, the more they are going to turn off their faucet of compassion.

When I see black leaders creating more programs for their youth, when I see black leaders begin to publicly denounce these instances of violence, when I see some accountability being taken for black on black violence, THEN I’ll believe that true change is coming. Because no matter how hard BLM manages to cuckold white America, there won’t be any real change until it begins from within.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:59 AM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
But we the black community are over represented with terrible people, and I’m black.

We are 14% of the population which means we should not be committing more than 14% of the crime, or murder, or representation of the prison racial makeup.

This whole “every race has bad apples” completely misses the point. Every race does not constitute 50% of US murders while only being 14% of the US population. We, black people, are the only ones.
I've heard some of these stats and they aren't pleasant and are worthy of examination. I wonder though if this act by this kid is just because this kid wasn't raised properly, I mean this example of this kid acting like a punk shouldn't have to be extrapolated out as far as you did here. I guess what I saying is that sometimes the simplest reasons or excuses are the correct ones.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:00 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Young thugs like the one in the video don't tend to live past 30 unless they change their ways. Life has a way of weeding them out, and in his case, it will likely be done by another black male in the next 3 years.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:01 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

LOL! One was getting into the face of cops and pushing their buttons. The other was completely minding her own business as she makes her way down the street with her walker. But okay, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies