Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 11:52 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,789,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, t hat's one of the things in the current era.

All these armchair quarterbacks who think they have the answer of how things should be done and for those of us in the field, they don't have a clue!

BUT then again, that's the age old problem with being police in that you will always run into people, perhaps daily, who think they know your job better than you do, who try to tell you how to do your job.

SIGH!
I agree, except it happens daily no matter what job you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 12:00 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,750,762 times
Seems to be a lot more than a rumor. Why would you want to take any action as a police officer, when just doing your job exactly like you should can get you charged with 1st degree murder.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:01 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,000,210 times
When do the cartels and complete lawlessness take over? We are rapidly becoming Mexico

Old 06-18-2020, 12:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
When do the cartels and complete lawlessness take over? We are rapidly becoming Mexico

When our police departments and officers are like those in Mexico. We are headed in that direction.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:40 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,884,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I bet you $10,000 that the nice black couple down the street can tell you stories about being harassed by the cops for no other reason than the color of their skin. I bet the nice kid who dated your kid can tell you the same story. The police tend to but all blacks in the negative category until they prove to them the are worthy of being respectful. When a cop sees me he normally comes to the conclusion that I am a threat until proven otherwise.
Oh I believe you, I am not saying "pre-judgement" doesn't happen.

What I meant was, that very prejudgement that happens, is because of ghetto culture, gangbanger culture being revered instead of reviled. NOT because white folks hate black folks because of skin color.

If I were black I would despise ghetto culture way more than I do as a white, due to how it causes that very prejudgement that is unfair to normal regular Joe black people.

White folks hate ghetto culture and hate and fear criminals; we don't hate or fear black people who live normal citizen lives.

Maybe as a black person you can explain to me (am seriously asking) why the blame for that unfair prejudgement isn't laid at the doorstep of rappers (who made criminal life popular, made it seem glam and fab and something for kids to emulate), gangbangers, thugs, welfare queens who drip gold jewelry (I have seen this more times than I can count when I did vol outreach for 14 years in Miami) and show up at the social services office in Escalades, pimps, etc etc. These aren't folk heroes, they are scum.

White people do not revere our white trash trailer dwelling meth addled scum nor our criminals. White trash people disgust me. Why don't black folks feel the same way about their lowlife citizenry?

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 06-18-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-19-2020, 06:43 AM

13,513 posts, read 17,057,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly. If a criminal aggressively evades arrest initially what makes anyone think they can just "track" them to their home and arrest them without resistance.
And track them, come on. How many criminals are never found, never caught. Even if you know who they are. Ever tried to deliver a court subpoena via the police department for someone with no steady job or residence? Good luck with that.

So why should cops even be call to shoplifting. Isnt that something the store should handle? I'm sure those shoplifters just need some counseling and job training.
The level of stupidity I'm hearing on this subject is just breathtaking.

It really seems like the only thing militant black people and anti-racism white zealots will be satisfied with is when black people don't have to follow any laws. Some of the comments on youtube related to the video of this case really display how moronic and/or disturbed a good percentage of the population is.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:24 AM

11,153 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
they aren't and weren't applying now. that's why they are in this mess. All these so called good cops haven't done anything to the bad cops. The bad cops finally get charged and all the "good" cops walk off? I would be happy as hell if I was a good cop and bad cop was removed from my PD.
If the police in Atlanta were calling out due to Chauvin being charged, you might have a valid point. That isn’t the case, however. The police are calling out because one of their own officers was charged with 11 felonies after he defended himself and his partner from a drunk, violent convict in a manner that is consistent with the law and with their training.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:58 AM

5,042 posts, read 7,245,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And the loss of those who would shoot easily tracked people they've identified in the back is a real tragedy, eh?

The real tragedy is that anyone is shedding a tear for that scumbag Brooks. This vermin was serving time for BEATING his children-not spanking, not slapping but beating them with his fists and feet. Those officers should be given a medal for ridding the world of that monster.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:08 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,700,900 times
I believe it is a good time to purge the Atlanta police department. Don't show up for work, refuse to do your job, that's grounds for firing plain and simple.

No drunk ever deserved to die. Falling asleep at a Wendy's should not get you killed. No matter who the person is they are not a threat when they are running away from you.
Since GW Bush took office the republicans have militarized local police forces forcing a change from "protect and serve" to "dominate and kill."

The time is past due when we need to get "military" out of the police and get back to "protect and serve."

Old 06-19-2020, 09:28 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,331,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The reason for that is because it's necessary to provide context to stupid racist people who think the world is out to get them.

People are justifiably shot by police fairly often, the only time it's an issue is when a political party whips a certain highly racist demographic up into believing evil out-groups are out to get them so that political party can benefit from the suffering that will occur from the riots they just caused.
the issue is about being unjustly killed by police. White people don't lift a finger to complain this. It's only brought up when black people raise issue with the police. White people will get their guns together and go down to the state capitol and protest the lockdowns, but not a cop killing somebody's unarmed white daughter? How does that make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies