Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times

Advertisements

Bushy the Dictator, "The Decider" has managed to shread our Constitution into ribbons.

A reminder:
Nov 2005

“I don’t give a G-damn,” Bush shouted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way or do it no way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a G-damned piece of paper!”

Wow man those are some powerful words. Sounds like a child yelling at his history teacher rather then a President giving a speech.

April 2006

In the probably immortal words of Dictator Bush:

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page and I know the speculation," "But I'm the decider, and I decide what's best.

Can he kick us in the face any harder then that?

May 2003

Upon landing on the USS Lincoln, the Dictator proudly yelled over the megaphone "Mission Accomplished". He said it was one victory for 9-11 against the enemy. Thats funny......I dont remember not one Iraqi on any of those terrorist led planes. Hmmm I must have missed that one.

Release John Hinkely from prison. He got closer to the President then any of we the people ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 03:40 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Actually, I was going to reply to that effect, but the thread wasn't meant as a bash Bush moment. Every once in a while an irrelevant yes man like Bush needs to be seen as having done at least a couple of good things.

But enabling the Fed to create a Ponzi scheme out of real estate has to top them all for the negs.
The thread asked about "Bush's Major Accomplishments - Good or Bad" - not just "good".

Old 05-03-2008, 09:38 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Bush is the Fed chairman?

Maybe the secret CEO of Exxon/Mobil?

Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Bush will forever be remembered as the worst president ever. His administration will become a synonym for corruption, incompetence and deceitful; the worse a president can do for the nation.

His policies will be abandoned immediately even if McCain were to become president [fat chance]. Republicans will have a stain for many many years. In fact, just read in LA Times this morning that the state Republicans are losing even more members in a state already overwhelmed with Democrats and independent voters.

Bush will likely hid out in Texas like Nixon did in San Clemente after being forced to resign. Stories about him will continue for years and none will be positive!

Good riddance to the most despised president.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Like Bush and his administration, I wish Iraq had been handled better. However, I consider the removal of Hussein to be a great positive. Dealing with that idiot consumed a lot of resources in the form of playing his deceitful games.

I'm really happy about Alito and Roberts. How happy? I'll tell you in June when the Heller vs. DC is ruled on. However, if the questioning during the hearing is any indication, I'm going to wearing three pistols from then on... one for each hand and an extra just in case one jams Hahaha.

I regret the Medicare reform wasn't better... but that's not a big deal because without raising the already 15% tax rate, it's going to be ended in about five years anyway and SS will not pay any of us after 2030... so, I don't care too much that he rearranged some chairs on the sinking ship.

He's brought more minorities and women into the fed than anyone else. I think that's a positive move.

I wish he'd done something about the border and waterboarding. Those are two issues I wasn't on board with. (No pun intended.)

In an age where worker rights and the cost of the welfare net, IMO, have crushed competition in America, I'm thankful that he was opposed to Kyoto because it would make it even harder to compete against third world countries.

I'll miss him as president. He wasn't afraid to goof off and I like that.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:29 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Check this out... President Addresses Nation on the Way Forward to Surging Back Towards Desperately Spinning the Cluster**** That is Vietraq: WHITEHOUSE.ORG (http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2007/09/surge2.asp - broken link)

Old 05-03-2008, 07:24 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
I'll miss him as president. He wasn't afraid to goof off and I like that
The only people who will miss Bush are late-night comedians & people like Bush = limited intellect/incompetent/dullards

Old 05-03-2008, 07:46 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,452,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampetry View Post
The truth is that Bush is more concerned with "fixing" other countries and in the process has failed to do anything good for America. He's forgotten which country he's actually responsible for. He needs to stop concerning himself with the problems of other countries and face the VERY REAL PROBLEMS of America.

He adamantly denies that the war has NOT been the success that he wanted it to be.

He refuses to face the fact that we are entering (if not already in) a recession.

His No Child Left Behind Act hasn't helped the students who need it, but has held back the students who don't need to be tested over and over again. So, the students who excel at education have been put "on hold" while the students who need the extra attention (not tests) try to catch up.

Bush has done nothing but harm and the only thing that gives comfort is knowing that he can never be president again
!
All is takes is another nat'l disaster and directive 51 and we're toast.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,452,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Like Bush and his administration, I wish Iraq had been handled better. However, I consider the removal of Hussein to be a great positive. Dealing with that idiot consumed a lot of resources in the form of playing his deceitful games.
You do realize that we armed Saddam with WMD in the late 1980s, right?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The only people who will miss Bush are late-night comedians & people like Bush = limited intellect/incompetent/dullards
Oh, I know, I know, booboo. It's such an awful world that doesn't give you everything you want... oh, poor thing. That's right, baby, you go ahead and throw tantrums and maybe all those awful people who work hard and make a few bucks will someday be punished by more taxes to pay for you and have to witness you making out with members of the same sex and let you marry your pet goat...

Quote:
You do realize that we armed Saddam with WMD in the late 1980s, right?
Certainly. You realize that was to help the Iraqis against the Iranians, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies