Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
WoW

Can you tell us more about this?
Yes, in fact, I did invite his whole bleeping family to stay on the riviera of Iraq for the trip of a lifetime (which would likely not be long), without pesky secret service guards squandering tax dollars on BIG gov't.

T'was a very difficult letter to write. Not for lack of words mind you, but for avoidance of being justifiably detained in guantanomo bay for my 'free speech protection' coutesy of Dept of Homeland terrorism.

His secretary was swift in her reply, thanking me for my contribution to democracy with a laser jet form letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 AM

994 posts, read 1,544,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Bush claim to fame? Continuing the process of hamstringing middle class to favor obscene wealth, nullifying enforcement arm of regulatory agencies in favor of business, encouraging a climate of economic hemmorage through profiteering in oil/middle eastern industrial military complex and getting by with an illegal war based on premeditated lies/manipulation. Ironic there have been grounds for impeachment on much flimsier evidence/issues. Had this man been practicing politics or business locally, his fate would be a jail cell. I did express my sentiments to him directly at the white house, and I'm certain he'll never dare to knock on my door. I told him he should be forced to live in exile in Iraq.

As dumb as he's been portrayed, this couldn't be accomplished by the finest of charlatans throughout world history. How'd that work out for you, America?
This was one of the best single sentence summations of the Bush dynasty that I have heard so far. Bravo!

"Continuing the process of hamstringing middle class to favor obscene wealth, nullifying enforcement arm of regulatory agencies in favor of business, encouraging a climate of economic hemmorage through profiteering in oil/middle eastern industrial military complex and getting by with an illegal war based on premeditated lies/manipulation. "

I would add... successfully aiding and abetting the 9-11 attacks, but oh my, what flak I get for that!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:50 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
As you can see, the percentage of sub-prime loans skyrocleted under Bush:
Bush was responsible for this? LOLOL

Far from it.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Bush was responsible for this? LOLOL

Far from it.
Actually the sub prime lending started around 1998, under Clinton.. Subprime Lending Hurts Homeowners using the argument that even poor people who cant qualify for a mortgage should get one. Great.. you should know by now that Bush is responsible for the worlds problems...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
As you can see, the percentage of sub-prime loans skyrocleted under Bush:

An Overview of the Sub-Prime Mortgage Market | The Agonist
Tell me what exactly Bush did to cause the increase in sub-prime loans to be issued?

Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
I would add... successfully aiding and abetting the 9-11 attacks, but oh my, what flak I get for that!
You get "flak" for lack of proof.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You get "flak" for lack of proof.
Well, there's plenty of proof that the 'official' story is very flawed. Few of the so-called 'educated' class in this country want to even bother to investigate how 3 steel framed towers can fall at free fall speed, due to fire, with one not even hit by a plane, when not one steel framed skyscraper in history has ever collapsed, never mind at free fall speed, in the history of the world. A lot of the so-called 'educated' class in this country seem to really want to suspend the laws of physics in order to placate themselves that the government would never do such a thing.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:58 PM

gorgeet the educated class in this country who did give their input were surpressed. Departure of CIA/FBI disgusted by the whole thing should be enough evidence. Same with experts in WMD insisting their point to deaf ears. Beligerance is the hallmark of leadership? Works for fox news.
You cannot educate or reason with the unwilling, so New Yorkers discovered post 911 trying to send their wishes to washington DC. NY knew they couldn't afford the dubious agendas afoot, and said so resoundingly with their vote (across the ENTIRE political spectrum).
I surely wish there were an ignore feature for city data. I'd swear these people aren't capable of conversing- too busy grandstanding on soapboxes, incapable of considering anything they haven't been fed already. Maybe they've tilted their brains, no room left at the inn. I think the founders of our country would be ashamed of this perverse parade.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Well, there's plenty of proof that the 'official' story is very flawed. Few of the so-called 'educated' class in this country want to even bother to investigate how 3 steel framed towers can fall at free fall speed, due to fire, with one not even hit by a plane, when not one steel framed skyscraper in history has ever collapsed, never mind at free fall speed, in the history of the world. A lot of the so-called 'educated' class in this country seem to really want to suspend the laws of physics in order to placate themselves that the government would never do such a thing.
I'm sorry, whats does a steel tower falling have to do with Bush's accomplishments again?

Old 05-17-2008, 03:10 PM

I rest my case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies