Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 03:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I rest my case
You can rest your case, but the jury is still out on what you were trying to prove.. I hope your not a lawyer because your client was just found guilty..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 03:46 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
I surely wish there were an ignore feature for city data. I'd swear these people aren't capable of conversing- too busy grandstanding on soapboxes, incapable of considering anything they haven't been fed already. Maybe they've tilted their brains, no room left at the inn. I think the founders of our country would be ashamed of this perverse parade.

ummm...There is. It's in "My Settings." It's really easy to find with a little digging.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I surely wish there were an ignore feature for city data. I'd swear these people aren't capable of conversing- too busy grandstanding on soapboxes, incapable of considering anything they haven't been fed already. Maybe they've tilted their brains, no room left at the inn. I think the founders of our country would be ashamed of this perverse parade.
yeah, its so much easier to just ignore individuals that have a different opinion then you.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:52 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,988 times
Quote:
gorgeet the educated class in this country who did give their input were surpressed. Departure of CIA/FBI disgusted by the whole thing should be enough evidence. Same with experts in WMD insisting their point to deaf ears. Beligerance is the hallmark of leadership? Works for fox news.
You cannot educate or reason with the unwilling, so New Yorkers discovered post 911 trying to send their wishes to washington DC. NY knew they couldn't afford the dubious agendas afoot, and said so resoundingly with their vote (across the ENTIRE political spectrum).
I agree. There are a few people with enough integrity to be disgusted by what they see in the current administration. Two that come to mind are Ray McGovern and Scott Ritter.
But many more are like those largely represented on these boards, who are, as you stated, 'incapable' or unwilling. This clip is a reminder to people of how to stand up for the truth, instead of being force fed the pablum.

YouTube - Ray McGovern Confronts Rumsfeld

scott ritter - Google Video=

Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
I agree. There are a few people with enough integrity to be disgusted by what they see in the current administration. Two that come to mind are Ray McGovern and Scott Ritter.
But many more are like those largely represented on these boards, who are, as you stated, 'incapable' or unwilling. This clip is a reminder to people of how to stand up for the truth, instead of being force fed the pablum.

YouTube - Ray McGovern Confronts Rumsfeld

scott ritter - Google Video=
Well I noticed you decided to sit here and call me (or others) incapable or unwilling, while you seem to be uncapable or unwilling to answer questions asked directly to you.. Here, lets recap..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me what exactly Bush did to cause the increase in sub-prime loans to be issued?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry, whats does a steel tower falling have to do with Bush's accomplishments again?
So much easier for you to just accuse without any facts, and then ignore those that question you.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
ummm...There is. It's in "My Settings." It's really easy to find with a little digging.
Ibginnie- THANK YOU! As much as I hate to do it, I've learned that some 'gifts' people offer, you'd best not consider. Like STD's, intimate moments with sociopaths... and another episode of FOX news.

gorgeet- last post was preaching to the choir, I'm on the same page. I did learn what pablum meant though lol.
What no one has been able to explain to my satisfaction is why the check and balance of the judicial arm of our government has been hibernating for 7 + yrs now. Bush is answerable to no one? Have you heard a legit answer to that question?

International law, by our own standards (geneva convention is an agreement we made), Bush & company have been eligible to stand trial for war crimes. Shouldn't he be at the Hague by now?

subset grave breaches,
-depriving a prisoner of war a fair trial
-unlawful deportation/confinement/transfer
-torture (waterboarding)

check this link out:
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20041108/facts

Old 05-18-2008, 02:59 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And, for about the 10th time, this is not an "illegal war." The 1991 Cease-Fire agreement gave the U.S. legal authority to resume military action against Iraq if the agreement was broken.
Not really relevant since Congress issued a declaration of war against Iraq in October 2002.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
I think the time is right for war crimes prosecution against Bush and Cheney.
I think you need to study international law. Bush and Cheney are protected by Functional Immunity until such time as they leave office.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:28 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Not really relevant since Congress issued a declaration of war against Iraq in October 2002.
It is relevant because the Cease-Fire agreement was still in effect and the fact that it was still in effect disproves the "illegal war" claim.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:30 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Ibginnie- THANK YOU! As much as I hate to do it, I've learned that some 'gifts' people offer, you'd best not consider. Like STD's, intimate moments with sociopaths... and another episode of FOX news.
Fox News rules!

Quote:
International law, by our own standards (geneva convention is an agreement we made), Bush & company have been eligible to stand trial for war crimes. Shouldn't he be at the Hague by now?
What "war crimes?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies