Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 08:17 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
who are you referring to? the doctor that broke protocol to disclose an unknown, novel virus via social media under active investigation, or the scientist who claims the virus was wuhan lab created?
either way, both have already been debunked as false.

tell me, are their numbers any more false than ours?
ignoring the numbers, by the looks of what's happening on the ground today (i.e. they have mostly resumed normal lives and our cases are rising with talks of future lockdowns), I'd say yes, without a doubt their govt handled it far better than ours.

They resumed their lives, and even continued to do so after cases spiked a month or so after they had their phase 1. China has accepted that they can't totally shutdown and that people are going to die regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 10:34 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
They resumed their lives, and even continued to do so after cases spiked a month or so after they had their phase 1. China has accepted that they can't totally shutdown and that people are going to die regardless.
did they? I only know recently when they had spikes in certain cities, they tested everyone within a couple of days to be able to quarantine and resume normalcy.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:39 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Poor Spain, they had the flu of 1918 named after them when they had nothing to do with it. They actually invented the methods to deal with it.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:53 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
did they? I only know recently when they had spikes in certain cities, they tested everyone within a couple of days to be able to quarantine and resume normalcy.
Indeed. There was a report on that recently, they call it war mode or something like that. Whenever there is a single case, they switch to war mode and track down everyone that had to do with that person, mostly thanks to the basically mandatory use of the smartphone. And they test the **** out of any such place. When the government says wear masks, people wear masks, period. No fatalistic James Dean rebellion crap...

I think that is the most important difference to the West, in China people trust their government, they believe their government knows what it's doing. And there are no contradicting messages because there aren't multiple political parties and their fans fighting each other.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
most popular travel destinations for chinese tourists
1. Hong Kong
2. Macau
3. Taiwan
4. Thailand
5. Japan
6. Vietnam
7. South Korea
8. Singapore
9. USA
10. Italy

italy is #10, US is #9.

The top 8 destinations have a lot more tourists from china, it's not even close.
yet their covid situation is doing a lot better than #9 and #10. every single one of them.
Quote:
by the way, Italy is #3 on the list for Americans. over 2.2M annually. makes you go hmmm doesn't it?
https://www.loveexploring.com/galler...-for-americans

thailand gets 12M tourists from China every year, yet there are under 4k cases there. same with neighboring vietnam, Laos, etc. all have low cases.

just using your logic
I just have to post again using MathGuy's logic where he tried to pin the virus appearing in Italy on Chinese tourists, via use of statistics.

Using that same logic, we are able to deduce several things.

1. US sends more tourists to Italy. Is MathGuy implying that the virus came from the US - which incidentally has a lot more infections so it does make sense .
But how unpatriotic of MathGuy to speak ill of the US... tsk tsk.

2. China has more tourists going to Asian countries - a LOT more - than Italy. yet ALL destination countries have extremely low cases and deaths. It could be that those countries have better means of limiting the spread.

3. Again using his logic, it would appear that the likelihood of the virus originating from a chinese national traveling to Italy is low (or lower than from an American).

/slow clap

Old 11-18-2020, 11:09 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Aren't the strains of the virus present in the US of European rather than Asian origin? I think I read that somewhere...

Old 11-18-2020, 11:54 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Aren't the strains of the virus present in the US of European rather than Asian origin? I think I read that somewhere...
You’re the China lover right? Thanks for your input

Old 11-18-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes.
I believe this is a taiwanese channel/doctor.
disclaimer: I do not understand chinese so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLg6mhYtOxg

Old 11-18-2020, 12:09 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
by the way, Italy is #3 on the list for Americans. over 2.2M annually. makes you go hmmm doesn't it?
https://www.loveexploring.com/galler...-for-americans

thailand gets 12M tourists from China every year, yet there are under 4k cases there. same with neighboring vietnam, Laos, etc. all have low cases.

just using your logic
Actually, you're missing the point which is that the discovery of the virus earlier in Italy doesn't mean it started there and could just be something left behind by a tourist.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:12 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
I just have to post again using MathGuy's logic where he tried to pin the virus appearing in Italy on Chinese tourists, via use of statistics.

Using that same logic, we are able to deduce several things.

1. US sends more tourists to Italy. Is MathGuy implying that the virus came from the US - which incidentally has a lot more infections so it does make sense .
But how unpatriotic of MathGuy to speak ill of the US... tsk tsk.

2. China has more tourists going to Asian countries - a LOT more - than Italy. yet ALL destination countries have extremely low cases and deaths. It could be that those countries have better means of limiting the spread.

3. Again using his logic, it would appear that the likelihood of the virus originating from a chinese national traveling to Italy is low (or lower than from an American).

/slow clap
All that work because you missed the inherent point.

Rather than asking for clarification you chose to strawman me which only reinforces both your reputation and the fact that you're not smart enough to put words in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies