Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 12:26 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Aren't the strains of the virus present in the US of European rather than Asian origin? I think I read that somewhere...
I'd think that you'd be able to google and find something on that you could share with us.

I mean otherwise someone could say that they're all the same strains and we're all just that much less informed at the end of a discussion which is pretty much the purpose.

Not talking about you but in other discussions on things like vaccines we get people talking about stuff and when pressed for source they throw out Natural News or Killvacinedefense.blog etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 01:11 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, you're missing the point which is that the discovery of the virus earlier in Italy doesn't mean it started there and could just be something left behind by a tourist.
I read between the lines. You made a post about how popular a destination Italy is for Chinese tourist, implying that it was brought over by China.
do tell what the purpose of posting that was then, if I'm wrong. why not post that italy is an even more popular for americans?
it's clear you've already made up your mind that the origins of the virus is china.

For the record, I don't believe it necessarily started in Italy, or China, or the US. We just don't know, but the ousted president and the press just love to pin it on bat eating chinese citizens without a shred of evidence.

if anything, we're learning more about how this virus could've been worldwide well before Wuhan in December but china actually discovered it, sequenced it and squashed it like no other country has. and instead of being praised for their work and effort, they're being vilified.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:36 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Just a coincidence that the Wuhan virology lab happened to be studying coronavirus in bats when the out break started in Wuhan.

They must think we are all stupid. China should be held accountable for this virus. I would like to see our country and all others harmed by this wipe all debts to China away. Even that is chump change compared to the damage their incompetence caused (I am giving them the benefit of doubt when i suggest it was an accident)

China should be a world pariah for this

Old 11-18-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just a coincidence that the Wuhan virology lab happened to be studying coronavirus in bats when the out break started in Wuhan.

They must think we are all stupid. China should be held accountable for this virus. I would like to see our country and all others harmed by this wipe all debts to China away. Even that is chump change compared to the damage their incompetence caused (I am giving them the benefit of doubt when i suggest it was an accident)

China should be a world pariah for this
many labs around the WORLD study virus strains in bats.
correlation != causation

try to keep up.

Old 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I read between the lines. You made a post about how popular a destination Italy is for Chinese tourist, implying that it was brought over by China.
do tell what the purpose of posting that was then, if I'm wrong. why not post that italy is an even more popular for americans?
it's clear you've already made up your mind that the origins of the virus is china.

For the record, I don't believe it necessarily started in Italy, or China, or the US. We just don't know, but the ousted president and the press just love to pin it on bat eating chinese citizens without a shred of evidence.

if anything, we're learning more about how this virus could've been worldwide well before Wuhan in December but china actually discovered it, sequenced it and squashed it like no other country has. and instead of being praised for their work and effort, they're being vilified.
<points to the thread title>

And you couldn't figure out why I used a Chinese tourist for example?

China is trying to pin it on Spain.
So, in rebuttal I point out that it could have come there from China via the large amount of tourism.

This is, in fact, the exact same argument that you just made about how you feel it could have started elsewhere and just been discovered in China.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:39 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
I'm no friend of China, but Covid seems to be isolated there to Wuhan. They caught it earlier, but China is a surveillance state.

I was also confused with how cases from Wuhan could spread across the world, but not all over China.

I think it's more likely Covid was introduced into China sometime in November, then originating there.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
<points to the thread title>

And you couldn't figure out why I used a Chinese tourist for example?

China is trying to pin it on Spain.
So, in rebuttal I point out that it could have come there from China via the large amount of tourism.
and the thread title has zero relation to your fallacy of an inference that because there are a lot of chinese tourists in italy, therefore the virus was brought over from china.

in case you didn't read my post, I thoroughly debunked your extremely flawed hypothesis.
1. italy has more american tourists than chinese
2. china sends far more tourists to other countries, which have far fewer covid infections
3. US has a higher infection/death rate than china so therefore the virus originated in the US.

point #1 is the flawed logic that you used.
points #2 and 3 are mine, also flawed but I'm purposely building off of #1, to make a point of how stupid it is.

Quote:
This is, in fact, the exact same argument that you just made about how you feel it could have started elsewhere and just been discovered in China.
wrong. my arguments are these:
1. we have no concrete evidence that it started in china
2. there is evidence of it occurring elsewhere earlier than the first known case/outbreak in china.

not even close to what you claim my argument is.

Last edited by blahblahyoutoo; 11-20-2020 at 09:12 PM..

Old 11-20-2020, 09:06 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
It originated from China probably. But it is really The Republican Virus.
what part of “Build Back Better” does your idiotic statement fit into? The 3rd part?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
and the thread title has zero relation to your fallacy of an inference that because there are a lot of chinese tourists in italy, therefore the virus was brought over from china.

in case you didn't read my post, I thoroughly debunked your extremely flawed hypothesis.
1. italy has more american tourists than chinese
2. china sends far more tourists to other countries, which have far fewer covid infections
3. US has a higher infection/death rate than china so therefore the virus originated in the US.

point #1 is the flawed logic that you used.
points #2 and 3 are mine, also flawed but I'm purposely building off of #1, to make a point of how stupid it is.

wrong. my arguments are these:
1. we have no concrete evidence that it started in china
2. there is evidence of it occurring elsewhere earlier than the first known case/outbreak in china.

not even close to what you claim my argument is.
It's hillarious that you lied, claiming I said #1 but instead wrote it yourself. Then you claimed that your own statement was so stupid that you had to mock the flawed logic lol.

When a strawman goes so badly wrong you end up insulting yourself? Priceless.

Old 11-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
It's hillarious that you lied, claiming I said #1 but instead wrote it yourself. Then you claimed that your own statement was so stupid that you had to mock the flawed logic lol.

When a strawman goes so badly wrong you end up insulting yourself? Priceless.
I put no words in your mouth.
you claimed there were a high number of chinese tourists in italy. did you, or did you not?
#1 is my rebuttal to your statement, that there are more american tourists in italy than chinese.

logic. try to keep up. I know it's hard when you're getting up there in age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies