Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 05:58 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
You left out an important word, he said “Radical Left”. But fake headlines seems to be your thing so carry on.
"Radical left" to Trump is anyone who doesn't kowtow to him and slobber on his shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
All he sees is sound bites to use for his re-election campaign that is his only concern. There are extremists in these groups no argument there but what makes them "far-left Democrats" maybe their far-right Republicans their not wearing party gear. You never hear "all lives matter" (which they do) unless someone is countering the BLM slogan.

I don't know about BLM I have yet to find a description that isn't coming from one extreme or the other which is worthless. There is a legitimate validity to much of the arguments and a history of double standards that has finally boiled over just like the statue removals in Richmond, this didn't just surface in the last several weeks it has been coming for years.

What antisemitism are you referring to?
There have been entire threads about the foundation of BLM and its ties to anti-semitism. Did you not read them? I’m not going to start that over here.

Also, why would it be difficult to believe? Surely you agree that BLM is an anti-white and violent racist group. Just looked at the destruction they egged on, with statues being torn down by their followers because they are of white people (who contributed immensely to this country). Now they’re complaining about Mt Rushmore being racist.

And there is no systemic racism. This is ALL based on a lie about cops killing unarmed blacks. And it is being driven by a Democrats who are using it to further divide the country in the hopes they can scare up enough votes to get Biden over the finish line.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:04 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"Radical left" to Trump is anyone who doesn't kowtow to him and slobber on his shoes.
Oh, that’s beautiful.....

”Nazi” and “racist” is anyone who doesn’t kowtow to the progressive agenda of supporting a hateful Marxist group.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:11 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times
FACTS:

1. Trump is not an Anti-semite.

2. All the left leaning liberal female protesters/rioters leave their beta male protesters in the friend zone at the end of each protest, to spend the night with their Trump voting boyfriends.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:17 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
FACTS:

1. Trump is not an Anti-semite.

2. All the left leaning liberal female protesters/rioters leave their beta male protesters in the friend zone at the end of each protest, to spend the night with their Trump voting boyfriends.
We haven't had a good "alpha male" post in a long time. LOL.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:42 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent point. The radical left must rely on omissions and falsehoods to make their case. Remember “hands up, don’t shoot”? Or even currently, the mass rioting and destruction built on a lie about rampant racism?

The scary thing is that so many stupid and gullible people fall for it. I can understand how the young people can get brainwashed (hey, I was 20 years old once too), but when my leftist next-door neighbors in their late 60s go on and on about how this country is being run by someone as bad as Hitler, I can’t even respond.
Yep, when I see grey hair and man buns or man pony tails along with hemp shirts and socks in sandals I know a reasonable conversion is out of the question

Old 07-05-2020, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Coming from a man who has also labeled his 'fight' to avoid getting the clap his "personal Vietnam", I'd say the man has a very rich imaginary life unsullied by any contact with reality.

https://wtop.com/national/2020/07/tr...ependence-day/
Classic 'divide and conquer', which is designed to weaken and divide a nation with the ultimate goal of destroying it. He wants his loyalists to see the rest of the nation an an enemy, and judging by what I see, it is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That is how 'divide and conquer' works. You lump people in different camps and play them against each others. You have 'us' (Trump base) and 'them' (everyone else), and you label 'them' with a name like "far left extremest" and compare them to the Nazis in order to get the 'us' to see them as the enemy.

It is sad to see how easily some Americans are played. You would think people could see though such obvious mind-games, but apparently they cannot.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-05-2020 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-05-2020, 06:52 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Call off your brownshirts so you may discuss the issue with integrity. Until the- nazis, yep.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:57 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There have been entire threads about the foundation of BLM and its ties to anti-semitism. Did you not read them? I’m not going to start that over here.

Also, why would it be difficult to believe? Surely you agree that BLM is an anti-white and violent racist group. Just looked at the destruction they egged on, with statues being torn down by their followers because they are of white people (who contributed immensely to this country). Now they’re complaining about Mt Rushmore being racist.

And there is no systemic racism. This is ALL based on a lie about cops killing unarmed blacks. And it is being driven by a Democrats who are using it to further divide the country in the hopes they can scare up enough votes to get Biden over the finish line.
Yes there have been entire threads which is not what I'm looking for because they just degrade into the same extreme arguments from both sides. I disagree with your views on BLM and the recent violence because I thinks those are just agitators who are taking advantage of a situation to raise anarchy and mayhem.

You must be totally detached from what occurs because the Native American protesters at Rushmore have been protesting for years over the return of their lands which were stolen by the US Government. I would have been surprised if they hadn't used the Presidents attendance as an opportunity to protest again.

Oh there is systemic racism in areas but not universally across the country but you politicizing this and every other argument diminishes any constructive statements you make. If you want to see how to divide a country follow the Presidents statements and actions because that is whats dividing the country right now.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:57 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
You left out an important word, he said “Radical Left”. But fake headlines seems to be your thing so carry on.
The problem is that anyone who doesn't agree with his supporters can be labeled as "radical left"... that can be a very dangerous situation. Its a very broad and ambiguous definition. Create a boogeyman of sorts to lay blame. Then systematically associate groups of people to that cause furthering division and justification for aggression.

This repeats much in history....

Nazi's blame the Jews but many more non-Jews were included... anyone Hitler considered opposition or not desirable in this vision of Utopia.

McCarthyism labeled many as communists that weren't but he ruined many lives. In fact, much of Trump's rhetoric has many similarities to McCarthy's.... a fear of an enemy within. He found Atheism a threat to his views and thus generalized/associated communists with atheists quite often. Many of those in Hollywood were also attacked, threatened, imprisoned, blacklisted and lives ruined simply because they didn't share his views or objected to Hollywood in general.

Look at this very small community of posters here.... many posters that get pointed out as a leftist are quite often not but rather "just-to-the-left" of many that lean far right.

Last edited by usayit; 07-05-2020 at 07:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies