Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 08:50 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

The Left, today's Democrats, Progressives etc want to use Big Government to mandate their control on others. Many of their policies reduce or remove the Rights and Freedoms of others. That's Fascist by definition. Trump is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 08:53 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,557,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Coming from a man who has also labeled his 'fight' to avoid getting the clap his "personal Vietnam", I'd say the man has a very rich imaginary life unsullied by any contact with reality.

https://wtop.com/national/2020/07/tr...ependence-day/
I say he is spot-on, and 100% correct. The fight against the left, is a do-or-die for freedom globally.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:03 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left, today's Democrats, Progressives etc want to use Big Government to mandate their control on others. Many of their policies reduce or remove the Rights and Freedoms of others. That's Fascist by definition. Trump is correct.
No, that's not fascist. It's much worse than fascist. The Left are totalitarian misanthropes.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:05 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Except there is one thing... that rhetoric isn't coming from someone in the position of POTUS.

There will always be finger pointing of the radical left vs radical right.... but when the highest office in the land is used to promote such rhetoric lives are truly threatened. A leftist can't legally just point the finger and jail people. A righty can't simply point the finger and jail people. The POTUS has the influence to actually jail people wrongly for those that simply don't share his views.

Case in point Trump's threats to jail reporters that don't paint him in good light a pure attack on Freedom of Press... I wouldn't support the same against Brietbart or any conservative/right news source under any circumstances... even if that news source targets me as a threat.

I'm probably to the left of you but I find myself agreeing with much of the Republican platform of years past (yes... voted Republican often and live in a Republican town). I wouldn't support a President that used rhetoric to divide rather than unite.. I don't care how much potential he/she has to further my views. I'm not so sure Trump supporters (Not Republicans in general) would say the same.
Well, Democrats never need to say anything. They just rely on their minions in the press and academia and Hollywood to do it for them.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:08 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
BLM is not a racist hate group. It is clear you are trying to label this civil rights movement as such, as is the racist in the White House, but you are woefully incorrect and out of step with truth and reality. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement. Furthermore, six-in-ten Americans say Trump has been delivering the wrong message to the country in response to the BLM movement and the protests. The American people have a desire for racial equality and justice and they are advocating for and supporting the BLM MOVEMENT.

Amid Protests, Majorities Across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020...tter-movement/
We aren’t stupid, and can read the BLM mission statement for ourselves. You are clearly wrong about this supposed civil rights group.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:19 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lol

Y'all have been calling him Hitler and anyone who doesn't profess absolute hatred for him a Nazi for four years now.

If you can't take...... don't dish it out.
I can't rep you again just yet, so instead:

/thread

Old 07-05-2020, 09:21 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, that's not fascist. It's much worse than fascist. The Left are totalitarian misanthropes.
Truth!

Old 07-05-2020, 09:41 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh really? When are you going to stop kowtowing to the far left progressives and demand that Democrats stop supporting this idiocy? Oh yeah, you can’t or you will be fired! And the DNC is definitely not going to purge these people from the party. They are donating tons of cash to Democrats so you know what happens. They will have the final word and whatever the average democratic voter thinks won’t matter one bit.
If you're responding to me personally, I'm a registered Independent. Sorry your diatribe was wasted.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:42 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
You gotta hand it to Trump he still has his tough guy swagger. After four years into his make America great again term; left wing radicals have taken over the streets of over 100 cities. Millions of people protesting, burning and looting at will. Police in retreat. Graven images of the founding fathers ripped down and dumped into the river. But he still stands before the crowd threatening to lay down the law.

Around 100 years ago a very intelligent Afro-Puerto Rican said that the rise of extremist rhetoric on the far right only gives rise to extremist rhetoric on the left.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:42 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
We aren’t stupid, and can read the BLM mission statement for ourselves. You are clearly wrong about this supposed civil rights group.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, on all counts of your post, katygirly.

Clearly there are willfully ignorant folks who choose to be in the anti-black crowd, bless your little heart. But you and they do not get to define the 2020 civil rights movement ( Freedom, Liberation and Justice) that is sweeping our nation and one which the majority of Americans support.

Amid Protests, Majorities Across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020...tter-movement/

Quote:
Black Lives Matter started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

BLM works vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we...dXnc6t1TkWhXqW

Quote:
Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.
Years later here we are with another long list of names of Americans murdered at the hands of police and vigilantes---under the very real systemic racism and institutional injustice that Americans no longer desire to turn a blind eye to---and a revitalized movement that many see and hear and believe is civil rights movement II..........rightly so and about time.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-05-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies