Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 02:41 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
BLM is not a racist hate group. It is clear you are trying to label this civil rights movement as such, as is the racist in the White House, but you are woefully incorrect and out of step with truth and reality. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement. Furthermore, six-in-ten Americans say Trump has been delivering the wrong message to the country in response to the BLM movement and the protests. The American people have a desire for racial equality and justice and they are advocating for and supporting the BLM MOVEMENT.

Amid Protests, Majorities Across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020...tter-movement/

Two thirds of Americans support the sentiment of the phrase "black lives matter".

That doesn't mean that they support the organization or it's agenda.

Hell I'd be surprised if two thirds of Americans are even aware that it's a political organization and not just a phrase that looks good in their Facebook feed or on a bumper sticker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 07:16 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
I can’t wait for the Divider and Chief to take his trophy wife and go back to his penthouse.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:32 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,557,396 times
As usual the Great Divider continues his divide and rule tactics. There's a certain irony in DJT's comparison with a supposed fight against the 'Nazi' left. Nazi's came to power during the 1930s via a similar means, being the primary opposition to the left in Democratic Germany. Now we've even got his brown shirt army chasing phantom enemies at Gettysburg.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:56 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
You left out an important word, he said “Radical Left”. But fake headlines seems to be your thing so carry on.
Yeah, "Radical" and "Left" don't even go together.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:02 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I can’t wait for the Divider and Chief to take his trophy wife and go back to his penthouse.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:28 AM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lol

Y'all have been calling him Hitler and anyone who doesn't profess absolute hatred for him a Nazi for four years now.

If you can't take...... don't dish it out.
I have not. From 1976 when I was 18 to 2016 I was a Republican. I don't remember that at all.
I voted mostly Republican, but often I would vote for a Democrat then too...I don't believe in voting party lines, but voting for the best person for the job.
We have had Presidents both good and bad (Most were somewhat good, somewhat bad...they are humans, not perfect)
But in the end I think they all had redeeming qualities...I can't even find that in Trump. He is the first one in my lifetime at least that I think is a danger to our Country and our Constitution. I think Trump is a threat, but not every Republican.

So yeah, I disagree with you, I was a Republican, and I have never thought of or heard of the Democrats being enemies like the Nazi's.
Those are the words of a mad man. A desperate, crazy mad man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) He didn’t label half the country that. He said the RADICAL left - you know, the type being brainwashed by the BLM, and the progressive mayors siding with criminals.

2) And when Hillary called half of the people who weren’t going to vote for Her Highness “deplorable,” did you not see that as hateful and devisive? Or is it OK when a Democrat does it?
Anyone who doesn't agree with him, and bow down to him, he thinks is radical left. Anyone.
I don't think Black lives Matters is a radical hate group. I see them as marching for their civil rights.
There have been a few cases recently of black men being murdered by the Police. I don't blame them for being angry or upset. Heck, I am angry and upset. It is time to demand change.
Is it okay when a Democrat does it??? Like I said I was a Republican for forty years, you are barking up the wrong tree if you think I am that Partisan.
Hillary shouldn't have said what she said. But she wasn't the President of the United States when she said that either.
The President is duly elected to be the leader of our country and is suppose to represent all of us...He has never done that, he has never had anything but bad things to say about anyone not groveling at his feet. Those are the actions of dictator, not a President of the United States. Members of Trumps own staff has came out and said he was trying to divide America.
He cares only about his own self and ego. He will destroy this country if he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Which is an absolutely normal statement coming from a man who is trying to deflect from himself by accusing the opposition of being what he really is.

Case in point - the new Trump campaign logo. It ain't pretty.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12345070
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"Radical left" to Trump is anyone who doesn't kowtow to him and slobber on his shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Classic 'divide and conquer', which is designed to weaken and divide a nation with the ultimate goal of destroying it. He wants his loyalists to see the rest of the nation an an enemy, and judging by what I see, it is working.

That is how 'divide and conquer' works. You lump people in different camps and play them against each others. You have 'us' (Trump base) and 'them' (everyone else), and you label 'them' with a name like "far left extremest" and compare them to the Nazis in order to get the 'us' to see them as the enemy.

It is sad to see how easily some Americans are played. You would think people could see though such obvious mind-games, but apparently they cannot.
This. Exactly.
Even his ex Generals are warning us about this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Yes there have been entire threads which is not what I'm looking for because they just degrade into the same extreme arguments from both sides. I disagree with your views on BLM and the recent violence because I thinks those are just agitators who are taking advantage of a situation to raise anarchy and mayhem.

You must be totally detached from what occurs because the Native American protesters at Rushmore have been protesting for years over the return of their lands which were stolen by the US Government. I would have been surprised if they hadn't used the Presidents attendance as an opportunity to protest again.

Oh there is systemic racism in areas but not universally across the country but you politicizing this and every other argument diminishes any constructive statements you make. If you want to see how to divide a country follow the Presidents statements and actions because that is whats dividing the country right now.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Except there is one thing... that rhetoric isn't coming from someone in the position of POTUS.

There will always be finger pointing of the radical left vs radical right.... but when the highest office in the land is used to promote such rhetoric lives are truly threatened. A leftist can't legally just point the finger and jail people. A righty can't simply point the finger and jail people. The POTUS has the influence to actually jail people wrongly for those that simply don't share his views.

Case in point Trump's threats to jail reporters that don't paint him in good light a pure attack on Freedom of Press... I wouldn't support the same against Brietbart or any conservative/right news source under any circumstances... even if that news source targets me as a threat.

I'm probably to the left of you but I find myself agreeing with much of the Republican platform of years past (yes... voted Republican often and live in a Republican town). I wouldn't support a President that used rhetoric to divide rather than unite.. I don't care how much potential he/she has to further my views. I'm not so sure Trump supporters (Not Republicans in general) would say the same.
I was a Republican until 2016 I miss the Republican Party of the 1980's and so.
Trump has hijacked them now. I don't even recognize them any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
BLM is not a racist hate group. It is clear you are trying to label this civil rights movement as such, as is the racist in the White House, but you are woefully incorrect and out of step with truth and reality. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement. Furthermore, six-in-ten Americans say Trump has been delivering the wrong message to the country in response to the BLM movement and the protests. The American people have a desire for racial equality and justice and they are advocating for and supporting the BLM MOVEMENT.

Amid Protests, Majorities Across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020...tter-movement/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Funny, the left has been calling Conservatives "Nazis" for the last 40 years.
As I said above, I was a Republican from the time I was old enough to vote (1976) until 2016, I don't recall anyone calling us 'Nazi's' during those years. Of course, I never had an outright hatred for Liberals or Democrats either. Always just considered them my fellow Americans who had a different opinion....

Old 07-06-2020, 04:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If you're responding to me personally, I'm a registered Independent. Sorry your diatribe was wasted.
The citizens of US have been divided in two camps:

1. Trump base
2. Everyone else = far left progressives / extremist

Old 07-06-2020, 04:35 AM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What troubles me with the current two-party nonsense is both parties would have us believe their way is the only way when most issues have far more than two possible ways to be handled. I won't join any party until one is formed with the express purpose of destroying the entrenched two party system and has a viable plan to do so.

And I would challenge Biden to name Condoleezza Rice as his VP candidate and let's start breaking down those party lines!

Can't rep you again, but I agree with your sentiments.
(I probably would have registered a long time ago as an Independent, but in Kentucky you can't vote in Primaries unless you are registered to a Party.)

Old 07-06-2020, 04:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What troubles me with the current two-party nonsense is both parties would have us believe their way is the only way when most issues have far more than two possible ways to be handled. I won't join any party until one is formed with the express purpose of destroying the entrenched two party system and has a viable plan to do so.

And I would challenge Biden to name Condoleezza Rice as his VP candidate and let's start breaking down those party lines!
Rice or Haley, but Rice does not like the attention, and Haley is too partisan to be seen with a Democrat. But I agree that a mixed ticket might be the only way out of this partisan mess.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:44 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,200,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Are you being sarcastic? You really think so little of your fellow Americans that you believe that 62 million of them are separated from reality - and for no other reason than they didn’t vote for your candidate? And 62 million people will continue to be an ongoing problem?

The problem I see is that we have a small percentage of people who are rioting, looting, burning, knocking down statues, egged on by a racist hate group, AND, most importantly, being enabled by progressive politicians who are allowing the criminal behavior to go on. Even worse, some of these loony progressives are actually HONORING the racist hate group by changing street names and painting murals.
Amen, smartest post in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies