Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 07:04 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Yes there have been entire threads which is not what I'm looking for because they just degrade into the same extreme arguments from both sides. I disagree with your views on BLM and the recent violence because I thinks those are just agitators who are taking advantage of a situation to raise anarchy and mayhem.

You must be totally detached from what occurs because the Native American protesters at Rushmore have been protesting for years over the return of their lands which were stolen by the US Government. I would have been surprised if they hadn't used the Presidents attendance as an opportunity to protest again.

Oh there is systemic racism in areas but not universally across the country but you politicizing this and every other argument diminishes any constructive statements you make. If you want to see how to divide a country follow the Presidents statements and actions because that is whats dividing the country right now.
Honestly, you have a nice side, but you are too deranged with hatred for Trump, and derision for me personally because you don't agree with my political views, that there's little sense debating with you.

I just really, really, REALLY pray that your side loses. I don't want to see this country turned into what the radical left are gunning for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 07:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
The problem is that anyone who doesn't agree with his supporters can be labeled as "radical left"... that can be a very dangerous situation. Its a very broad and ambiguous definition. Create a boogeyman of sorts to lay blame. Then systematically associate groups of people to that cause furthering division and justification for aggression.

This repeats much in history....

Nazi's blame the Jews but many more non-Jews were included... anyone Hitler considered opposition or not desirable in this vision of Utopia.

McCarthyism labeled many as communists that weren't but he ruined many lives. In fact, much of Trump's rhetoric has many similarities to McCarthy's.... a fear of an enemy within. He found Atheism a threat to his views and thus generalized/associated communists with atheists quite often. Many of those in Hollywood were also attacked, threatened, imprisoned, blacklisted and lives ruined.

Look at this very small community of posters here.... many posters that get pointed out as a leftist are quite often not but rather "just-to-the-left" of many that lean far right.
Similarly, those of us who are moderate Republicans are painted as Nazi and racists. It's been going on for four years news. I was accused of being "alt-right," when I actually have a middle ground when it comes to many social policies, including abortion and gun control.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Similarly, those of us who are moderate Republicans are painted as Nazi and racists. It's been going on for four years news. I was accused of being "alt-right," when I actually have a middle ground when it comes to many social policies, including abortion and gun control.
Except there is one thing... that rhetoric isn't coming from someone in the position of POTUS.

There will always be finger pointing of the radical left vs radical right.... but when the highest office in the land is used to promote such rhetoric lives are truly threatened. A leftist can't legally just point the finger and jail people. A righty can't simply point the finger and jail people. The POTUS has the influence to actually jail people wrongly for those that simply don't share his views.

Case in point Trump's threats to jail reporters that don't paint him in good light a pure attack on Freedom of Press... I wouldn't support the same against Brietbart or any conservative/right news source under any circumstances... even if that news source targets me as a threat.

I'm probably to the left of you but I find myself agreeing with much of the Republican platform of years past (yes... voted Republican often and live in a Republican town). I wouldn't support a President that used rhetoric to divide rather than unite.. I don't care how much potential he/she has to further my views. I'm not so sure Trump supporters (Not Republicans in general) would say the same.

Last edited by usayit; 07-05-2020 at 07:35 AM..

Old 07-05-2020, 07:14 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Trump has told us "even the drs. are surprised at how much I know", "I know more than the generals", & many many more of his grandiose ideas of who he is. He has no clue about foreign policy or even where certain countries are on the map.
Completely unqualified and there is something definitely wrong with his mind. How people listen,follow & believe his every word is baffling.

It goes back to what his father Fred Trump told him. Tell people something long enough, whether its true or not, a large percent of the people will believe you. Thats his gullible base.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:18 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
The Left in America today including BLM and ANTIFA are the true Fascists. Sad, they are too consumed with hate for America, Trump and their fellow citizens to see that.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:19 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
I don't think Trump supporters are necessarily "alt right" but Trump supporters have normalized a lot of "alt right" talking points and support "alt right" news sources.

I would bet that there are not very many left wingers on here who are out tearing down statues either. However, they have been forced to move left with tacit support of the more radical elements of the left.

Some, like Biden, have come out against the statue defacers but not very enthusiastically.

However, Trump and his supporters need to quit (pardon the pun) white knighting these confederate monuments and left wingers need to quit tearing them down and try to have them removed through legal processes.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:20 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left in America today including BLM and ANTIFA are the true Fascists. Sad, they are too consumed with hate for America, Trump and their fellow citizens to see that.
What other group would like to group in with radical left and so called true fascists today? Take your pick....

Yes... a rhetorical question... but only half joking. As I said prior, these people/posts will always exist...I don't much care. However, when it is promoted by a person in the position of power such as POTUS, then it becomes truly dangerous.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:24 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Oh, that’s beautiful.....

”Nazi” and “racist” is anyone who doesn’t kowtow to the progressive agenda of supporting a hateful Marxist group.
The founder and president of Antifa in 1945 would disagree with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump Compares Fight Against The Left To Fight Against Nazis-104771238_942844819490052_3807041432580381373_n.jpg  

Old 07-05-2020, 07:27 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times
Well, I mean, he's right.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:29 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Trump Compares Fight Against The Left To Fight Against Nazis

The man has no credibility. He is a joke incarnate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies