Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 04:59 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The entire point of anti-bias training is making sure unfounded bias do not impact care given. There are dozens of studies that show Black recipients have poorer outcomes then non-Black recipients, so trying to frame this like doctors are exercising the same level of care despite their biases doesn't hold up.
WRONG-WRONG-WRONG

But I am not going to try to un-educate you from leftist rhetoric, and then try to properly educate you in lifes realities.

If you really believe the leftist tripe you posted, then like most people, I must say your needs are beyond my capabilities, or the effort I am willing to put in to deprogram you.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 05:02 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Like the typical left-wing kook, she is claiming that all whiteys are racist, when in fact I have come across the most virulent racism from blacks. (Just look at BLM and their followers.)

If the leftists take full power (that means that not only does Biden win but we lose the Senate), the attacks against whitey will ramp up even more, and fully sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Whites will be reduced to second-class citizens, and those of us who are appalled by BLM and refuse to verbalize our support will be "cancelled." Reminds me of Hitler's Germany. Some Jews, in a last-ditch attempt to escape being "cancelled" in the most permanent and horrendous manner, said they believed in Jesus.(IOW, they claimed to be Christian to avoid the punishment feted out to Jews.) By the same manner, people with normal values (that would be every other than the radical left) will be forced to say they believe/support the BLM or risk the consequences - which thus far have included being fired from one's job.

It is time to PUSH BACK against all this "anti-racist" training, with the implication that whites are all racist by virtue of their birth. This latest example with the medical field is that deluded belief, taken to a non-sensical extreme.
We are dealing with a similar situation to 1930's Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin. The reason it is happening is the Left owns the Media, Social Media, Entertainment, Education and now many other institutions in society.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:27 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
WRONG-WRONG-WRONG

But I am not going to try to un-educate you from leftist rhetoric, and then try to properly educate you in lifes realities.

If you really believe the leftist tripe you posted, then like most people, I must say your needs are beyond my capabilities, or the effort I am willing to put in to deprogram you.

`
So Black women do not have higher post-natal mortality rates than any other group? Please "uneducate" me on how that's not actually a stat bc your internet research actually undercovered something that trained medical professionals haven't...

Old 07-13-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
So Black women do not have higher post-natal mortality rates than any other group? Please "uneducate" me on how that's not actually a stat bc your internet research actually undercovered something that trained medical professionals haven't...

Do you only talk and not listen?
There are a multitude of reasons why certain stats relating to disparate mortality rates exist between races, genders, etc.
That does not mean you can cherry pick one stat and attribute it to some leftist assumption or speculation, when there are actual reasons for it, having nothing to do with racism of the medical professionals.

BTW - Aside from any bias you might believe exists, does that also cut across all racial lines? Or is it only the racist white men and women in the medical field who exhibit such evil in their hearts?

`

Old 07-14-2020, 01:46 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Do you only talk and not listen?
There are a multitude of reasons why certain stats relating to disparate mortality rates exist between races, genders, etc.
That does not mean you can cherry pick one stat and attribute it to some leftist assumption or speculation, when there are actual reasons for it, having nothing to do with racism of the medical professionals.

BTW - Aside from any bias you might believe exists, does that also cut across all racial lines? Or is it only the racist white men and women in the medical field who exhibit such evil in their hearts?

`
So we see a whole lot of doctors with bias entering into the equation.

Then we see a bunch of outcomes where something is causing the very people these doctors have a bias against to have worse results than any other group.

Then we have people who have examined these results conclude that some kind of bias is impacting the quality of treatment that the poor-outcome group is receiving, and comes up with anti-bias training to hopefully reduce the poor outcomes.

Your opinion of all this... Why do doctors need to lose their bias...

It's like there's never too obvious an answer for Rightwingers to completely miss in order to keep dismissing claims about some group getting unfairly treated.

You've done nothing in this thread besides show the lengths you'll go to dismiss hard research so you can keep railing against whatever Leftist ideal of equality you dislike. Thanks, but I'm done with this.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
So we see a whole lot of doctors with bias entering into the equation.

Then we see a bunch of outcomes where something is causing the very people these doctors have a bias against to have worse results than any other group.

Then we have people who have examined these results conclude that some kind of bias is impacting the quality of treatment that the poor-outcome group is receiving, and comes up with anti-bias training to hopefully reduce the poor outcomes.

Your opinion of all this... Why do doctors need to lose their bias...

It's like there's never too obvious an answer for Rightwingers to completely miss in order to keep dismissing claims about some group getting unfairly treated.

You've done nothing in this thread besides show the lengths you'll go to dismiss hard research so you can keep railing against whatever Leftist ideal of equality you dislike. Thanks, but I'm done with this.
Hard research my rear end.

Just because something is purported as research, much of it depends on the group to begin with.
If they are leftist to begin with and go into a project with a preconceived notion that the reasons black people have more medical maladies or poorer outcomes due to medical bias/racism, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Sadly far too many of those on the left think everything is biased/racist, with new terms like systemic racism, microaggressions against minorities, and white privilege being factual from their warped self loathing perspectives.

The fact that the medical field is one dedicated to helping every human being during a time of need regardless of race, creed, religion etc. is irrelevant to those with an agenda, to label everything in our country tainted.
Maybe you missed where I posted that in all my personal experiences in dealing with various medical disciplines from MD down to techs, I never once witnessed any substandard level of care given to one patient vs. another based on race.
Nor did I hear rumors of such or even jokes about any such things.

With any human endeavor there is bound to be bad apples. But aside from incompetence, ambivalence, burnout, etc. which can effect any stressful profession, the medical profession is one of the purest I have known when it comes to equal treatment.
Try volunteering in a place like St Judes or Shriners Hospital for Children. See for yourself if the medical personnel treat the white kids with cancer (and other potentially terminal maladies) any different than they do the black, brown, yellow or red children.
They exhibit the same professionalism, treatment, empathy and care toward all their patients.

`

Old 07-19-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you convince Black patients they will receive inferior care because they are Black, don't you think that they might just avoid seeing a doctor? Then they have a bad outcome due to the delay. Whose fault is that?
Good point, as it would be a self fulfilling philosophy, which the leftists would be happy to attribute to inequality or some other anti-white catch phrase.

But keep it up, as in my experience a majority of medical professionals are moderate or left of center. But if you start calling those who consider themselves "liberal minded", a bunch of racists, you will lose even more potential white Democrat voters than you already have.

`

Old 07-19-2020, 05:01 PM

680 posts, read 535,173 times
So when a doctor doesn’t give a black patient pain meds they’ll be accused of racism. Seen it happen before. When in reality the pain meds can’t be given safely because opiates can cause you to stop breathing. That governor’s so loonie. One more hurdle for people to do their job. Does whitmer identity as a man, woman, or another one of the 80 new genders by the gestapo left?

Old 07-19-2020, 08:40 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,942 times
I had to take diversity training when I worked for a community college district. As my former boss said, the longer I work here, diverse it gets. It was pure unadulterated bovine scatology and an insult to my intelligence.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Not that we don't already know this, but the only diversity they care about is skin color, non-straight sexual identification, and female. The general idea about having different people is to have different points of view, yet there is NO INTELLECTUAL DIVERSITY which negates the whole point of diversity itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies