Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:30 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?
Implicit bias training is racist. It humiliates, insults, and is designed to harm the participants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 01:35 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?
Implicit bias training has been completely debunked. It promotes hostility and balkanization rather than unity. Foisting pseudoscientific piffle on your employees does inspire loyalty or pride in the organization.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Did you know that to this very day, actual doctors and nurses STILL believe that Black people have a higher pain tolerance and literally thicker skin than non-Blacks and that impacts how they allow medicine and pain killers in hospitals.

This study has been repeated many times, and even as recently as 2016 this was still a highly held belief by literal doctors and nurses.

Do I need to repeat that?
I would like to see that research. How many patients report doctors and nurses saying that to them?

Old 07-10-2020, 01:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Did you know that to this very day, actual doctors and nurses STILL believe that Black people have a higher pain tolerance and literally thicker skin than non-Blacks and that impacts how they allow medicine and pain killers in hospitals.

This study has been repeated many times, and even as recently as 2016 this was still a highly held belief by literal doctors and nurses.
What study has been repeated? And why is it a problem if healthcare workers think blacks have a higher pain tolerance? Does it not occur to you that it's a problem only if that's not true? You need to stop presuming and resort to science once in a while. What does the science say on sensitivity to pain?

Old 07-10-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
It has nothing to do with political lines.

It has everything to do with helping to curb the actual bias in the field, which is 100 percent proven to exist to people with an IQ above the negatives.
There is zero evidence that implicit bias training results in less "bias." I should apologize to all the pseudosciences for associating this racket with them.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Implicit bias training is racist. It humiliates, insults, and is designed to harm the participants.
As is everything that has been done in the name of BLM!

Old 07-10-2020, 01:42 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
I'm sending her knee pads.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:45 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:

Do I need to repeat that?
^

Quote:
Just in case you didn't see this
Yes I had missed your post, so thanks for bringing it to my attention, as I am happy to engage anyone of either side of the discussion.

My first question is, where are these ignorant MD's located,,,hopefully not in America.

There is little doubt regarding various differences between races when it comes to medical maladies. Some difference are genetic, other environmental, educational, etc.
For example there is testing done to black folks that most white folks will not receive. It is not that blacks are being treated better than whites, just that blacks are more susceptible to some things whites are not, and visa versa.
So treatment can be tailored to different races, genders, ages, etc., but the overall level of treatment is universal, based more on age, weight and pre-existing conditions than anything else.

That is of course different than assuming a certain race has a higher or lower pain threshold, as every individual is different. I have seen burly pipe fitters (black or white) faint at the sight of blood and act like children when they get a shot.
Then you see petite women who handle pain like it is nothing.

WHICH in my stream of consciousness made me think of this funny scene;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CAOFaKav2I

So rest assured most medical professionals that use a pain scale to disern how much pain a paient is in, does not base it on race.
[At least medical professionals in a normal city,,,,maybe the ones in Stubville might be a little behind the times]

`

Old 07-10-2020, 01:59 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
if done correctly it will force liberals to understand just how bigoted they are.

anyone taking bets on it being done right? ive taking implicit bias training. it was not terrible. there is a validity to the concept except when it is used to bash people that arent going to bend to liberal/progressive ideology.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:02 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
With 30 years of medical training and experience in a multitude of environments, I have never one time heard of such nonsense expressed in modern medicine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I would like to see that research. How many patients report doctors and nurses saying that to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What study has been repeated? And why is it a problem if healthcare workers think blacks have a higher pain tolerance? Does it not occur to you that it's a problem only if that's not true? You need to stop presuming and resort to science once in a while. What does the science say on sensitivity to pain?
Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
^

Yes I had missed your post, so thanks for bringing it to my attention, as I am happy to engage anyone of either side of the discussion.

My first question is, where are these ignorant MD's located,,,hopefully not in America.

There is little doubt regarding various differences between races when it comes to medical maladies. Some difference are genetic, other environmental, educational, etc.
For example there is testing done to black folks that most white folks will not receive. It is not that blacks are being treated better than whites, just that blacks are more susceptible to some things whites are not, and visa versa.
So treatment can be tailored to different races, genders, ages, etc., but the overall level of treatment is universal, based more on age, weight and pre-existing conditions than anything else.

That is of course different than assuming a certain race has a higher or lower pain threshold, as every individual is different. I have seen burly pipe fitters (black or white) faint at the sight of blood and act like children when they get a shot.
Then you see petite women who handle pain like it is nothing.

WHICH in my stream of consciousness made me think of this funny scene;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CAOFaKav2I

So rest assured most medical professionals that use a pain scale to disern how much pain a paient is in, does not base it on race.
[At least medical professionals in a normal city,,,,maybe the ones in Stubville might be a little behind the times]

`
These are American doctors and nurses. This isn't about differences in susceptibility or genetic factors increasing risks.

This is literally, trained doctors and nurses who have gone through years of training, entering the medical field, literally thinking that Black people have higher pain tolerance. These are licensed, medical professionals actually believing that Black people literally have thicker skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies