Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:24 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Another Marxist Democrat, She's the poster child for this extreme nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 06:25 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
I think the governor is the one who needs training. FYI, my primary care doctor is black. Does he need training?
Possibly he does, how would any of us know?

Are you saying that black folks can't be biased?

Old 07-10-2020, 06:28 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
I think the governor is the one who needs training. FYI, my primary care doctor is black. Does he need training?
Ha. My internal medicine/primary care is black, too. Should I tell her she needs bias training in order to understand how to communicate and give care to wypipo? Lol. I’m sure that would go over well.

Edit: I see from a post above mine that it’s only unequal claims about treatment for black people. Of course. There’s never any bias in any direction other than white toward black. I almost forgot that for a minute.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Treating people as equally as humanly possible= brainwashing. Riiiiiiight.

This is really rich coming from Trump supporters who deny science/facts/logic and continue to follow him lock and step minimizing the pandemic that's killed 130K people in less than 6 months and infected 3M+ people.
Now here is a good example of bias, ignorant stereotyping, and just plain ignorance.^^^
Not sure where you live, social media world perhaps, but people in the real world already treat others as equally as humanly possible, no need for implicit bias training. There will always be some racist bigoted people of every race, culture, gender. Trying to train the masses who have been trained from infancy to treat everyone with respect, dignity an equality regardless of gender, race, culture, age, etc. in a pointless endeavor.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?

That's not education. It's indoctrination.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
If someone is truly racist, no amount of "bias training" will change that, they will sit through those classes rolling their eyes the whole time. In fact, I think this will make them even MORE racist because they're being forced to do something they don't want to do.

This is an important point that I don't think folks are getting. This is just one step away from reeducation camps.

Who is going to stand up and fight this?

Old 07-10-2020, 07:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
This woman is not only a kook, but also a budding totalitarian dictator in waiting.

If any segment of our society is not racially biased, it is the medical sector in how they treat patients. For her to imply otherwise, will only foment more racial bias suspicions where none should exist.

She is requiring the training to renew professional licences.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ls/3287034001/

If I were an MD, nurse, paramedic, etc., I tell her to stick her requirement where the sun doesn't shine.

`
Trump thanks her for the extra 100 votes.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
She is implying the healthcare system is racist. She needs more than training to fix her issues. I wonder if she'll be re elected?

Old 07-10-2020, 07:25 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
But now Whitmer wants to mandate re-education camps for people who are not racist/biased, but are presumed to be, and must be made to comply with her projecting her own delusional beliefs on everyone else.
Your irrational and illogical inflammatory language aside, why are you afraid of education? How do you know that "people" are not racist/biased?

Quote:
Second, to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence that medical professionals are biased against minorities, nor treat them differently than whites.
There is plenty of evidence of bias in health care. Google is your friend.

Quote:
However, and most importantly, I am not a sheep ( nor are others), that must be trained to think like some leftist kook wants me to.
This isn't about you.

Quote:
Rather some better understanding of how to best communicate with the public, especially if you are of a difference race than the community you work in.
However, that should also be a two way street where black, brown, yellow, and red officers must be told how best to communicate with white people.
Why would that not apply to health care professionals as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
She is implying the healthcare system is racist. She needs more than training to fix her issues. I wonder if she'll be re elected?
No, you're inferring. She's saying that the health care profession could benefit from implicit bias training.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:26 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,240,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Actually we have recent evidence that there is bias in healthcare. Just look up disparities in opioid prescribing for pain in adults, part of the reason heroine use took off among young whites is due to over prescribing opioid medications due to implicit bias which lead to unwarranted trust that they would use the drugs as prescribed. Black people were not given that bias and were not given opioids or very low amount.

The effect was more use of heroine among white persons who had initially started on overprescribed opioids and continued their habit with street heroine because it’s cheaper. In essence they implicit bias harmed white folk which is why healthcare workers receive implicit bias training. Because implicit bias can cause more harm than the medical professional intended.

Bias in medicine always ends up harming people because it dilutes your decision making and causes error in judgement. When prescribing dangerous drugs because in essence we are legal drug dealers, serious harm to the patient, family, and community as a whole can occur if you rely on bias and not sound clinical judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies