Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 02:55 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
So many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. But for starters, why would you want to have medical professionals who treat patients unfairly because of unconscious prejudices? Again, this is also for the protection of medical professionals who may be accused of racism in the work place who could face lawsuits. It's not like they have to go back to medical school to complete the training. Did you even read the article? The governor is going to undergo the training herself, based on the recommendations of a coronavirus task force. And it's not even going to happen for 6 months to a year.
You live in Oakland right? So why the defense of this nitwit from MI who seems to put virtue signaling above common sense.
Yes I did read the article, but that does not mean just because she feels the need to take the training, everyone else must be forced to goose step to her belief system.
Also why the heck does a "coronavirus task force" have anything to do with bias training recommendations?
I don't know about you, but I want them focused on stopping the spread and finding a cure for the damn virus, not worrying about things outside of their mandate.
But then again, the leftists never want to let a tragedy go to waste. So they try to get XYZ accomplished that under normal circumstances would never be approved.
Just ask your friend across the bay, Nancy Pelosi.

Two other things.

One, you even imply by your post that medical professionals treat patients unfairly, even though there is no evidence of that.
Additionally if we were to take special training to help mitigate lawsuits (like that is going to make a difference in being sued or not) for every possible person offended by XYZ, then this world would grind to a halt.
We cannot allow people who have mental problems or inferiority complexes to dictate how normal people must act around them.
If someone was raised to be a grievance merchant or has a racial chip on their shoulder, that is their problem, not mine.
But here is the best part, if I am treating the patient for XYZ, their personal issues don't effect me nor the treatment I provide.
I am not going to be swapping spit with them, nor having a beer after I get off duty. You perform a medical task/procedure on them the same way, no matter their color, religion, etc.

Second, that governor was all over the people of her state to stay indoors and be on total lock down. YET, she herself went out in public without social distancing, all because she thought she was above her own commands.

I guess she thought it was a worthy cause, and let me guess, you probably approve, right?
But not people protesting to get back to work were bad and needed to be punished. So one group gets threatened, and the other she protests along with them.
Talk about hypocrisy at it's zenith.

So maybe that is the type of person you want to tell you what brainwashing you need, but most of us do not feel that medical professionals are racist nor biased in how they perform their duties, to help patients of all colors and creeds.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 03:34 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?
There is nothing educational about this. When applying for a medical license for any medical profession you already sign a statement that you don't decide who gets care based on race, creed or color. We're there to help all people - no matter the color, gender or religious affiliation.

She's pandering to the left and there is no need to.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:37 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

For starters, I want my medical personnel to be highly trained an educated in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the field of actual medical care.
They don't need to be subject to social engineering or leftist brainwashing.

Second, to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence that medical professionals are biased against minorities, nor treat them differently than whites.

However, and most importantly, I am not a sheep ( nor are others), that must be trained to think like some leftist kook wants me to.

`
There is evidence. Maternal mortality among African American mothers, regardless of socioeconomic status, is far worse than among Caucasian mothers in the US. There is no reason why anyone who is getting appropriate medical care in a developed country should die in childbirth. Yet it still happens.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:42 AM

866 posts, read 320,062 times
I think the governor is the one who needs training. FYI, my primary care doctor is black. Does he need training?

Old 07-10-2020, 04:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
I've actually done implicit bias training for my job. It's not any different than having to watch videos about sexual harassment in the workplace online and answer obvious questions. Both are done to prevent lawsuits from happening.

Why are you so terrified of a more educated medical workforce?
We can't live in the past !!!
When a country is being transformed by necessity the education is transformed to indoctrination !!! We see that with bias training where white people must denounce anything associated with whiteness and accept the self-loathing baton passed to them !!!
We can all speculate how much time has to pass and how it all ends - The self-loathing educators are so disgusted and traumatized by their skin color they can't show up for work and damage others to the extent they have damaged themselves !!!
Nothing to do with what was taught in the past, remember, we don't live there !!!

Old 07-10-2020, 04:20 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
If someone is truly racist, no amount of "bias training" will change that, they will sit through those classes rolling their eyes the whole time. In fact, I think this will make them even MORE racist because they're being forced to do something they don't want to do.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:

For starters, I want my medical personnel to be highly trained an educated in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the field of actual medical care.
They don't need to be subject to social engineering or leftist brainwashing.

Second, to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence that medical professionals are biased against minorities, nor treat them differently than whites.

However, and most importantly, I am not a sheep ( nor are others), that must be trained to think like some leftist kook wants me to.

`
Actually, there’s a lot of evidence. All one has to do is look for it.

“Implicit Bias in Medicine

Implicit biases affect patient care, medical school admissions, faculty hiring, promotion and growth opportunities.5,6

It is at the heart of disparities in medicine. Such disparities are particularly prevalent in cardiovascular medicine, in which African-Americans are less likely than whites to receive evidence-based care for stroke, myocardial infarction and heart failure.7”

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardio...ty-in-medicine

“ In 2005, the Institute of Medicine—a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization that now calls itself the National Academy of Medicine (NAM)—released a report documenting that the poverty in which black people disproportionately live cannot account for the fact that black people are sicker and have shorter life spans than their white complements. NAM found that “racial and ethnic minorities receive lower-quality health care than white people—even when insurance status, income, age, and severity of conditions are comparable.” By “lower-quality health care,” NAM meant the concrete, inferior care that physicians give their black patients. NAM reported that minority persons are less likely than white persons to be given appropriate cardiac care, to receive kidney dialysis or transplants, and to receive the best treatments for stroke, cancer, or AIDS. It concluded by describing an “uncomfortable reality”: “some people in the United States were more likely to die from cancer, heart disease, and diabetes simply because of their race or ethnicity, not just because they lack access to health care.” ”

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...n-health-care/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4638275/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3140753/

Old 07-10-2020, 06:19 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
There is evidence. Maternal mortality among African American mothers, regardless of socioeconomic status, is far worse than among Caucasian mothers in the US. There is no reason why anyone who is getting appropriate medical care in a developed country should die in childbirth. Yet it still happens.
Maybe it’s time for their culture to stop celebrating having a big fat ass.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Wow, not a single comment thus far about this leftist kooks insanity, that is bleeding over into every aspect of life in our country?
same thing happens on my threads. there are so many stories of leftist kook insanity that it practically no longer rates as news.

Quote:
It is bad enough the teachers are brainwashing our kids and those who send their kids to public schools do nothing about it.
But now Whitmer wants to mandate re-education camps for people who are not racist/biased, but are presumed to be, and must be made to comply with her projecting her own delusional beliefs on everyone else.
they always presume 'racism'. no evidence is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
If someone is truly racist, no amount of "bias training" will change that, they will sit through those classes rolling their eyes the whole time. In fact, I think this will make them even MORE racist because they're being forced to do something they don't want to do.
likely. and the automatic assumption that they are 'racist' in the first place will create resentment.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
This woman is not only a kook, but also a budding totalitarian dictator in waiting.

If any segment of our society is not racially biased, it is the medical sector in how they treat patients. For her to imply otherwise, will only foment more racial bias suspicions where none should exist.

She is requiring the training to renew professional licences.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ls/3287034001/

If I were an MD, nurse, paramedic, etc., I tell her to stick her requirement where the sun doesn't shine.

`

So your argument is that there is absolutely no implicit bias in the medical community?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies