Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 07:59 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times

Advertisements

I don't see a bulge where the penis is supposed to be.

did that person tuck/tape it back, or did they photoshop it out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I don't see a bulge where the penis is supposed to be.

did that person tuck/tape it back, or did they photoshop it out?
She's transgender who's completed her transition through surgery.

That means she doesn't have a penis anymore.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's transgender who's completed her transition through surgery.

thank you.. I should have known that. I got mixed up with "trans-sexual" and "transgender" re which type has surgery.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
thank you.. I should have known that. I got mixed up with "trans-sexual" and "transgender" re which type has surgery.
I don't think either category, by definition, has definitely had surgery. I think both can indicate someone who is in the process, taking hormones, dressing the gender they're attaining, but haven't completed the process with surgery.

"Cross dressers" only do the appearance but not the surgery, as far as I know. I think. Maybe.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:07 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You meant to say, "HE doesn't have a penis anymore", right?

Old 07-11-2020, 08:10 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yet another magazine folds to political correctness just like Rolling Stone did when they put the Boston Marathon Bomber on the cover.. Can we file this under the cancel culture club doings?

The world is getting turned over into a Bizzaro realm where wrong is right and right is wrong. I wonder if that Brazilian trans model had the operation or it is a clever tuck and tape job or someone is really good at working the photo shop software?

I can't imagine the number of teen boys that will be questioning themselves when they find out she is really a he?
Really nothing wrong with it other than giving the bigots a fit. Doesn’t affect me in the slightest, nor you. And as long as they disclose upfront they’re not actually female, anyone dating them knows what’s up from the getgo.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:17 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Really nothing wrong with it other than giving the bigots a fit. Doesn’t affect me in the slightest, nor you. And as long as they disclose upfront they’re not actually female, anyone dating them knows what’s up from the getgo.
So people are Bigots (Racist, Sexist, Homophobic) now if they DISAGREE with your idiocy?

Old 07-11-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This is about marketing, though, to paying customers.

I'm absolutely in favor of people living their lives the way they want, and self-identifying as they wish. Everyone just gets one life, and should be allowed to live in the way they see fit.

This is different, though. This is a marketing move, that probably won't go well. Maybe the editors realize the end is coming and want to make one more big salvo over the bow before they sink.

The swimsuit edition is their most popular publication, and it's comparable to a regular customer going into a favorite restaurant and saying "surprise me"! to the chef, and waiting on what interesting and delicious food is about to be served up. Based on what the chef believes the customers want. And out comes liver and onions with lima beans. Something a very few, but hardly anyone, thinks is delicious.

Sports Illustrated has basically thumbed their noses at their customer base, IMHO. Maybe just to be "fresh" and "out there", as they've kind of been in the past with the swimsuit edition, but they were "out there" in a way that was pleasing to their male customers.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:45 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
I think Austin Powers said it best:

Old 07-11-2020, 08:47 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
I'm just not sure who that sort of cover is supposed to appeal to. The closest I can come to it is gay women but even that seems like a stretch.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 07-11-2020 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies