Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 06:39 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,236,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
So a female who cannot have periods is not a woman? If she is infertile she is not a woman? Did you know that males get breast cancer, too?

If someone who is genetically male wishes to live as a woman how does that harm you?
Oh puleez, 5 points from Hufflepuff.

If a pedophile down the street harms someone else's kid, but not mine - how does that harm me?

Normalizing the abnormal is the agenda of the woke/left/lunacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 06:40 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
So a female who cannot have periods is not a woman? If she is infertile she is not a woman? Did you know that males get breast cancer, too?

If someone who is genetically male wishes to live as a woman how does that harm you?
Of course a woman who "cannot have periods" is a woman.

Men do not have periods.

Infertility does not affect womanhood.

Men cannot bear a child.

Breast cancer occurs in men at a rate of 1%.

99% of all breast cancers affect women, in large part because of mammary glands.

You are grasping at straws and frankly it is pathetic. You know darn well that is not what I was saying.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:51 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Where are the straight male models for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition? Fair is fair, right?

Old 07-11-2020, 08:12 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,199,645 times
Is sports illustrated even relevant anymore

Old 07-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Is sports illustrated even relevant anymore
I think this was their dying gasp, to be memorable. Anytime a product can get the "buzz" that this has, is worth $$ in the marketing world for their staff when SI folds, which I'm guessing will happen in months. It's a magazine. Marketed to old men.

I watched the video in the OP, and let me say, the still photo of her on the cover doesn't do her justice. She is a stunningly gorgeous model. It's weird, to see someone born a man, and know he's a prettier woman than I ever was. haha.

Like watching Michael Jackson in his later years and realizing he's much more feminine than I am.

Well, anyway.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:23 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Valentina Sampaio is a trans woman. These types of magazines have an incredible platform to steer cultural conversations. They made the decision to support inclusion and love. Don’t buy the magazine if you dislike their editorial decisions. Grow up.
You talk inclusion and all of that but you attack anyone who does not agree with your opinion. Totally closed minded that what you believe is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

The SI swimsuit is escapism for guys. One way to dream about a world and women that they will never have. But you want it to be a platform to beat people over the head with "cultural conversations" as if there is not enough of that going on all day all over the place.

SI like most magazines and traditional media is dying as slow death. So they are using a trans person to shake thinks up. If you think they are really trying to do something important when its really just a marketing gimmick, I have some swampland for ya.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:29 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Oh puleez, 5 points from Hufflepuff.

If a pedophile down the street harms someone else's kid, but not mine - how does that harm me?

Normalizing the abnormal is the agenda of the woke/left/lunacy.
I fail to see the connection you are trying to make between a transgendered individual and a pedophile...

One is a crime and a young victim. Being transgendered is neither a crime nor creates harm to victims.

I don't believe transgendered individuals really think in terms of making things normalized.. Most grew up knowing something was wrong with them and suicide rates among them are sky high is a reflection that. What they do want is the choice to live as they feel.

They are a very tiny percentage of the population... I don't think you have any worries about it being "normalized". But just because it isn't "normalized" doesn't mean they can't be treated with some respect.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:30 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
It’s unfortunate you like to pretend your viewpoint is universally shared. If you understand that Valentina Sampaio is a trans woman, then you must also acknowledge that many don’t share your archaic view that she is a man.

Pretending your view is universal is not good for anyone, most especially for you. It leads to idled thinking.
What universe do you dwell in? He is a man. Will always be, no matter what he chooses to do to mutilate his body......

Old 07-11-2020, 08:33 PM

289 posts, read 143,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's a fawking DUDE! I'm not even gonna pretend like it's some hot chick. It's a DUDE without HIS pen!s.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:35 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You talk inclusion and all of that but you attack anyone who does not agree with your opinion. Totally closed minded that what you believe is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

The SI swimsuit is escapism for guys. One way to dream about a world and women that they will never have. But you want it to be a platform to beat people over the head with "cultural conversations" as if there is not enough of that going on all day all over the place.

SI like most magazines and traditional media is dying as slow death. So they are using a trans person to shake thinks up. If you think they are really trying to do something important when its really just a marketing gimmick, I have some swampland for ya.
Well, now you can find escapism in fantasizing about a trans woman you’ll never have. Or don’t. No one is beating your head while you fantasize but you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies