Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 05:45 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
It’s unfortunate you like to pretend your viewpoint is universally shared. If you understand that Valentina Sampaio is a trans woman, then you must also acknowledge that many don’t share your archaic view that she is a man.

Pretending your view is universal is not good for anyone, most especially for you. It leads to idled thinking.
Oh I didn't state the view(fact) is universally shared. Why lie?

I know there are many people who like to play pretend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Valentina Sampaio is a trans woman. These types of magazines have an incredible platform to steer cultural conversations. They made the decision to support inclusion and love. Don’t buy the magazine if you dislike their editorial decisions. Grow up.
If you think this is about "inclusion" and "love", I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you....

Quit being so naive.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:54 PM

380 posts, read 126,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yes that is well understood and the whole point of the discussion. The other well understood thing is that “trans women” = Man.

Pretending otherwise is not good for anyone.
Look into and around the eyes if you're ever uncertain - you'll see the eyes of a male.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:02 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Valentina Sampaio is a trans woman. These types of magazines have an incredible platform to steer cultural conversations. They made the decision to support inclusion and love. Don’t buy the magazine if you dislike their editorial decisions. Grow up.
I'm pro trans (and of course the rest of the LGBT).

I would caution heavily against painting it as those that have other views than your own are not supporting inclusion....as you exclude their views as immature.

There are any number of religions and of course personal taste that would not like this, they frankly should not have to be inclusive.

I mean, if you don't like violent sports for example, do we chastise you for not being inclusive?

We used to live in a society where being progressive meant we asked people to just leave others alone to live their lives. Now it seems that we must approve of what others do in accordance with those peoples wishes....or we are labeled as bad, non-inclusive etc. The message of inclusion has become the message of acceptance "or else we'll ruin you".

Old 07-11-2020, 06:03 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times
the androgynous look seems to help

and she does look better than a lot of women.

but listen to her interview and that manly voice comes out.

we need new standards of beauty.

she's a trans who looks just like any other fuggin catwalk model.

We need something different, and turn this whole beauty paradigm on its head.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:05 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
For real though.... Sports Illustrated still has a swimsuit edition?

Sounds pretty anachronistic in the internet age.
I think you meant "misogynist" according to the feminists. You remember them, right?

Old 07-11-2020, 06:11 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Really nothing wrong with it other than giving the bigots a fit. Doesn’t affect me in the slightest, nor you. And as long as they disclose upfront they’re not actually female, anyone dating them knows what’s up from the getgo.
not that I have any experience (been with my now-wife since '92), but I don't think that's "allowed".

That's right - a hetero man that says he wants a biological female is considered "wrong".

Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I don't see a bulge where the penis is supposed to be.

did that person tuck/tape it back, or did they photoshop it out?
We’re you disappointed?

Old 07-11-2020, 06:24 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm pro trans (and of course the rest of the LGBT).

I would caution heavily against painting it as those that have other views than your own are not supporting inclusion....as you exclude their views as immature.

There are any number of religions and of course personal taste that would not like this, they frankly should not have to be inclusive.

I mean, if you don't like violent sports for example, do we chastise you for not being inclusive?

We used to live in a society where being progressive meant we asked people to just leave others alone to live their lives. Now it seems that we must approve of what others do in accordance with those peoples wishes....or we are labeled as bad, non-inclusive etc. The message of inclusion has become the message of acceptance "or else we'll ruin you".
I don’t like violent sports, therefore I don’t subscribe to it. If I petitioned sports channels to exclude violent sports in their programming, then you would have a plausible basis for saying I’m exclusionary or “not being inclusive”. But that isn’t the case, is it?

In this instance, I’m advising people who have a problem with the SI editor’s decision to simply not subscribe, just as I don’t subscribe to violent sports. It’s really this simple.

“or else we’ll ruin you”? I’m not sure where you get the idea that I’m out to ruin these complainers here. Quite frankly, the only thing that’s ruined, probably, is the usual masturbatory habits of some with arcane views on gender.

Lets return to a little sanity and not have knee jerk freak outs and illogic when an editor decides to use his or her platform to support inclusion.

As I said, don’t buy the magazine if you don’t like it. Hashtag common sense.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:35 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This is not about celebrating "feminine beauty"; this is about subverting womanhood and motherhood. Women have periods. They mostly can create children and breast feed them. They have to fight breast cancer and ovarian cancer and uterine cancer. That doesn't even begin to touch upon emotional differences in women. Being a woman is not about dresses and makeup. Men who have undergone surgery are not women and they never will be.
So a female who cannot have periods is not a woman? If she is infertile she is not a woman? Did you know that males get breast cancer, too?

If someone who is genetically male wishes to live as a woman how does that harm you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies