Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 12:35 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times

Advertisements

I am maybe the least "woke" person you will ever meet, but I don't understand all the vitriol over this topic. I admit to not understanding the motivations behind these transitions, but that doesn't make them invalid. I don't know this woman or what she's gone through, so who am I to judge her? The next thing you know, we'll be criticizing women who stuff bags of silicon in their chest in order to make themselves feel better about themselves. On second thought, we probably won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 12:37 PM

289 posts, read 143,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't understand the anger this picture has inspired.

This is her choice, to live her own life as she is the most comfortable, and she's so unbelievably gorgeous (that pic doesn't do her justice) that SI decided to take a risk and include her image in the magazine, exactly as they would had they not known she was born male.

She is smokin' hot, and that's what this collection of pictures in SI is set up to depict.

(On the other hand, I think that's about it for SI, as a successful magazine. They misjudged their market).
Here we go, fixed it for you. No, I'm not going to pretend it's a chick.

Quote:
This is HIS choice, to live HIS own life as HE is the most comfortable, and HE's so unbelievably gorgeous (that pic doesn't do HIS justice) that SI decided to take a risk and include HIS image in the magazine, exactly as they would had they not known HE was born male.

HE is smokin' hot, and that's what this collection of pictures in SI is set up to depict.

(On the other hand, I think that's about it for SI, as a successful magazine. They misjudged their market).

Old 07-12-2020, 12:38 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
^ Probably why I haven't looked at Sports Illustrated since I hit puberty.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:39 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, transexuals who are attractive make some straight guys feel uncomfortable about their sexual orientation. If so, there are surely other models in the issue that are real women to really get turned on to.
That is a real stretch of logic.

If I see an attractive man and find out it is a woman who transitioned, I may say huh, but still not interested, nor uncomfortable about being hetero. Just may think they are getting better at plastic surgery these days. Still the person doesn't belong on the cover of a hot guy magazine, that's weird.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:42 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I'm not saying that at all. SI are free to photograph anyone they choose for their swimsuit issue.

There's zero reason to be outraged that they chose a transwoman to appear in the issue. What's to be outraged about? Its their publication, and you don't need to buy it. So why is it an issue?

The only reason typically people get outraged over something that's a non-issue is that its punching one of their buttons, most often it provokes an internal response they find objectionable.

I'm not part of the woke culture, I dont care how someone dresses, how they augment their bodies, what they believe. I only object when I'm told that "I must..." to be part of the crowd. I'm not, nor ever have been or wanted to be part of the majority, The majority is typically insane, and self contradictory.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:45 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
I haven't read the whole thread but have we reached the "if you're not turned on by a transgender model then you're probably secretly gay" part of the discussion yet?

Old 07-12-2020, 12:46 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but have we reached the "if you're not turned on by a transgender model then you're probably secretly gay" part of the discussion yet?
You are right on time.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:51 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
you are right on time.

Yes now is the time to proclaim everyone who objects is secretly gay, or whatever.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Wait until the Loony Left passes a law that turning down a date with a transgender is a hate crime

Old 07-12-2020, 01:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again, did I say the couldn't look at it or want to BAN it? No. That's the difference but you don't get it and I guess you never will. No hypocrisy in commenting on something or saying you don't like it.

If you want to look at Trannies or even be one, knock yourself out! Though one has to wonder why the topic sets you off like it does.
Did the poster say it should be banned? No. You're making things up.

It's obvious just the thought of banning the SI swimsuit edition set off a tantrum in you. You can stop crying - it's not going away, okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies