Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 11:29 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

I lived in a small apartment building where nearly half of the units were pre- and post-op transgender guys. As a normal tenant moved out, they'd have one of their friends move in. Their visitors were transgender, gay men and lesbians.

They acted like they thought women were supposed to act -- giggly and ditsy, talking about hair and makeup and fashion. The old fashioned female stereotype. They were in their thirties and forties. Some were initially elated post op (the ones who looked feminine to begin with), but there were a couple who looked like football players in drag. Think Big Mike Obama. Reality set in and they reverted to their pre-op depressive attitude about life, only worse because they were on hormones. Permanent PMS.

Normal men don't want to date them except out of curiosity. They tend to date each other which confirmed my belief they were gay men who were ashamed of being gay or thought they might gain access to a bigger dating pool -- straight men -- if they were women.

I personally don't care what anyone does to their own body as long as it doesn't affect my life. I'm waiting for laws by Loony Leftists calling it a hate crime if you turn down a date with a transgender person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 11:44 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I lived in a small apartment building where nearly half of the units were pre- and post-op transgender guys. As a normal tenant moved out, they'd have one of their friends move in. Their visitors were transgender, gay men and lesbians.

They acted like they thought women were supposed to act -- giggly and ditsy, talking about hair and makeup and fashion. The old fashioned female stereotype. They were in their thirties and forties. Some were initially elated post op (the ones who looked feminine to begin with), but there were a couple who looked like football players in drag. Think Big Mike Obama. Reality set in and they reverted to their pre-op depressive attitude about life, only worse because they were on hormones. Permanent PMS.

Normal men don't want to date them except out of curiosity. They tend to date each other which confirmed my belief they were gay men who were ashamed of being gay or thought they might gain access to a bigger dating pool -- straight men -- if they were women.

I personally don't care what anyone does to their own body as long as it doesn't affect my life. I'm waiting for laws by Loony Leftists calling it a hate crime if you turn down a date with a transgender person.
Michelle Obama is a cisgendered woman, obvious by the fact that her children are biologically hers for starters

Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Michelle Obama is a cisgendered woman, obvious by the fact that her children are biologically hers for starters
I think the point was she is kinda masculine looking. I always thought she looked like a male crossdresser, myself.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:53 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He, and the fact YOU think that is troubling.

Why? Because YOU don't like it? You don't have to like everything. Too bad. Don't look at it.

This is pretty ironic coming from someone going on and on about the cover.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:57 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is pretty ironic coming from someone going on and on about the cover.
I never said it should be banned or not sold. Progressives typically want to ban, confiscate and remove things only THEY don't. See the difference? I'm not advocating for that.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I never said it should be banned or not sold. Progressives typically want to ban, confiscate and remove things only THEY don't. See the difference? I'm not advocating for that.
No. There's no difference. Follow your own advice. You don't like this cover? So what? Don't look at it.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:59 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No. There's no difference. Follow your own advice. You don't like this cover? So what? Don't look at it.
So another Progressive trying to control others.

I am free to look and comment on whatever. Pound sand. How's that?

Old 07-12-2020, 12:02 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Men cannot have periods either, thus the distinction of periods is women who cannot have periods are different to men who cannot have periods, thus the distinction isn't periods.

Nor can infertile women bear a child, they also commonly don't have periods. Thus the distinction isn't child bearing.

But men do get breat cancer, and they get in in mammary tissue. Thus again not a distinction. Given the vast majority of women don't have nor will get breast cancer.

Well what were you saying? You were saying those that don't have periods, bear children, and can't get breast cancer aren't women. At least that was my take away. But there are millions of women, you include as women, who won't get breast cancer, don't have periods or bear children, and you seem to include these as women, thus your distinctions aren't distinctions.
Do men have periods or bear children?

A simple yes or no will do.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
I don't understand the anger this picture has inspired.

This is her choice, to live her own life as she is the most comfortable, and she's so unbelievably gorgeous (that pic doesn't do her justice) that SI decided to take a risk and include her image in the magazine, exactly as they would had they not known she was born male.

She is smokin' hot, and that's what this collection of pictures in SI is set up to depict.

(On the other hand, I think that's about it for SI, as a successful magazine. They misjudged their market).

Old 07-12-2020, 12:06 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I think the point was she is kinda masculine looking. I always thought she looked like a male crossdresser, myself.
I don't see it, she always looked like a woman to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies