Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 01:49 PM

995 posts, read 510,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I have a right not to wear something over my mouth under ADA because i might have physical and/ or mental issue which would result in discriminating against me as result.
Are you able to do your shopping unhindered with a mask? Do stores allow exemptions, or just not enforce like most stores here?

I have to admit I get very excited to see a store employee not wearing one - that's like hitting the jackpot on the penny slots, lol.

In both Georgia and Florida, Tractor Supply has the lowest percentage of mask-wearers (even lower than Bass Pro Shops). Gas stations are pretty low on the mask-wearing scale as well, although it varies from day to day and location to location.

Old 10-14-2020, 01:53 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
They are a dynamic duo of epic dumbness!
And Dekalb later voted in his wife as county commissioner.

I haven't listened to her, so I don't know if she is as dumb as her husband.

The school board 10 years ago had a couple of illiterates. It was unreal. They got voted out when the district got put on probation and the superintendent arrested for theft of school funds. A couple of the school board members got arrested too.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Are you able to do your shopping unhindered with a mask? Do stores allow exemptions, or just not enforce like most stores here?

I have to admit I get very excited to see a store employee not wearing one - that's like hitting the jackpot on the penny slots, lol.

In both Georgia and Florida, Tractor Supply has the lowest percentage of mask-wearers (even lower than Bass Pro Shops). Gas stations are pretty low on the mask-wearing scale as well, although it varies from day to day and location to location.

I saw a bareface yesterday! Inside a building! I was talking to a coordinator at the local Veterans' Resource Center regarding details for the military honors at my husband's funeral, and there the guy was, sans mask! He realized that he was barefaced with a funny expression and clapped his hand to his face, and we all laughed! Hmmmmm....... It was refreshing.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:49 PM

1,462 posts, read 660,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
That may be true, but I haven't had a store turn me out yet for not wearing a mask. If the greeter up front lets me in without a mask, I have permission to shop without a mask. That's why I don't wear one just to get in and drop it to the chin or whatever. I want them to know I'm coming in maskless, lol. That gives them a chance to block my entry, if they wish.

I've heard REI and Sprouts (grocery) are super-strict about mask-wearing and will not allow any exemptions whatsoever. I've thought about giving those places a shot to see what actually happens. I'll claim exemption, and if that fails, I'll tell them I hope they don't miss my business and take my money elsewhere.

This stuff isn't rocket science.
Might be above the store employee's pay grade to confront you about not wearing a mask. Their job is bad enough without having to monitor some adult male's behavior. Interesting side note" people knew to wear masks during the 1918 pandemic. Masks are more effective than vaccines. Science, man. I know, I know. What you have essentially been doing is suspending RATIONAL THINKING. The mask is to protect others. Hope no one with a compromised immune system runs into you.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:09 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Might be above the store employee's pay grade to confront you about not wearing a mask. Their job is bad enough without having to monitor some adult male's behavior. Interesting side note" people knew to wear masks during the 1918 pandemic. Masks are more effective than vaccines. Science, man. I know, I know. What you have essentially been doing is suspending RATIONAL THINKING. The mask is to protect others. Hope no one with a compromised immune system runs into you.
Should those people not be staying at home until there is vaccine?

Old 10-14-2020, 04:08 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Really, are we not all tired of the mask thing?

It will be great to go somewhere again without the added burden of having to have a mask, wear it, and then quickly doff the useless nuisance. Alas, that will be up to those who know what is better for us all to decide when and where this inconvenience shall be finally voided and we can live our lives happily ever after again in a free world devoid of such behavioral control.

Old 10-14-2020, 04:24 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Should those people not be staying at home until there is vaccine?
Well Shallow Hal doesn't think vaccines are effective!

Old 10-14-2020, 08:12 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I'll put up Dekalb County Georgia's Hank "Tip Guam" Johnson!
thats hard to beat............

Old 10-14-2020, 08:47 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Not only did they find that most of the people who wore masks in the study got covid they found that people who seldom or never wore a mask almost never got the virus. Mask wearers were 70 percent , and people who seldom or never wore a mask was only 7 people. a new study needs to be done with more people. I believe this study had around 320 people.

https://ise.media/video/new-cdc-stud...-covid-43.html
This is a false representation of the study.

I agree with this response to the video.

Sorry Ben, but I believe you are misinterpreting the results of this study. All this shows is that the majority of the people involved in the study were following the social distancing protocols. It doesn't prove you are more or less likely to get COVID when wearing a mask. For example, there might be 1% of the population that never wears a mask and yet 4% of the people represented in this study got COVID. Similarly, maybe there is 90% of the population that always wear masks and only 70% of those in the study got COVID. It is quite possibly masks do very little, but this study does nothing to prove or disprove that. Your report makes it seem like you are much less likely to get COVID if you don't wear a mask, which simply isn't a viable conclusion here.

And this response as well: This whole video is so conspiracy theory it's insane. Such a SMALL sample size that I'd never base my beliefs on. It also doesn't say where these people ARE. I RARELY wear a mask and haven't gotten Covid, because I'm HOME ALL THE TIME. Not around others. Frontline Healthcare workers wear masks 100% of the time, yet can still contract it while they try to save the lives of others who are dying from this disease. As with anything you can spin numbers any way you want if you leave out certain data, as this video clearly does. Fake news.

This is the top comment and I agree as well!

I am a research scientist. This was a faulty research. First the sample is too small and only one study, which is not statistically significant to have any values of prediction. Second, the study should not only chose those who already caught the virus (not random selection), which already increased the the possibility of contacting the virus very high. It should study on those general populations (randomly selection) to see if in a certain time period and in a certain area who eventually got the virus or not, with or without masks. A lot of other variables are not controlled, such as where to go, whom had been contacted, what kind of activities they did and their health background, etc. are not evaluated. In addition, how they wear mask (cover mouth only or both mouth and nose) and what kind of masks (medical or scarf, etc.). It did not define what "always wearing a mask means". Not a trustworthy or scientific study. It is a joke for its own purpose and a junk of craps.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And there's why masks are a net negative.

1) Many people wear them as chin diapers. Others leave their nose uncovered.
2) They are uncomfortable so people constantly adjust them, putting germs on their hands and all over their face.
3) They do very little for the wearer, but they do give them a false sense of security. So they are less likely to socially distance.
4) They detract from the more important things to emphasize. They are always the first things mentioned by the mask Nazis and the mask Nazi media. Social distancing is a distant second, but it is far more important. Washing your hands doesn't get mentioned much at all and it is perhaps the most important. They don't mention avoiding large crowds or why that is important (simple math-if 5% are actively infected, you are much more likely to contact someone infected in a crowd of 1000 than in a group of 10). And they should be talking all day, but almost never do, about STAY HOME if you have been exposed. That seems to be how most people are infected these days. People know they have been exposed or even know they may have symptoms, but don't change what they do.
It's not the mask that's the issue it's ignorant people that's the issue.

I've been wearing masks in public, at work, and when I travel on a plane. Of course I wear the mask correctly and wash my hands using aseptic technique and have not contracted COVID-19. I also have myself regularly tested since I am constantly traveling on planes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies