Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 06:10 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
My girlfriend thinks masks are a fashion accessory. She wants me to take pictures of all her new masks with her matching outfits so she can show them off on social media. How can I discourage this?
It might be not a good idea if you said then she look like a brick who look like just another brick in the wall to paraphrase Pink Floyd. I wonder if you look like a "number" just like the tv series The Prisoner will work better but I have some doubts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LaT6qVRpg

Or you could tell then it's also a kind of fetishism by showing her the various fanarts posted on Deviantart showing cartoons and animes characters wearing masks.

And slightly off-topic but I saw this tweet mentionning an incoherence about masks and HIV. https://twitter.com/thebencheah/stat...883841/photo/1

Old 12-29-2020, 07:34 AM

995 posts, read 510,443 times
I'm making plans to hit the road, possibly for weeks at a time.

What for? To find Magic No-mask Land. I know it's out there, somewhere. I'm willing to drive for endless 1000's of miles to find it, too.

A clue of where to begin would be nice, however. Anybody on here know of a place where everybody in public is free-facing it? A place where people go to music festivals and dance their cares away, a place where all the hugs are free. A place that makes you feel like it's 2019 all over again.

Help a brother out and point me in the right direction.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:00 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post

What for? To find Magic No-mask Land. I know it's out there, somewhere. I'm willing to drive for endless 1000's of miles to find it, too.

A clue of where to begin would be nice, however. Anybody on here know of a place where everybody in public is free-facing it? A place where people go to music festivals and dance their cares away, a place where all the hugs are free. A place that makes you feel like it's 2019 all over again.

Taiwan. They did a brilliant job handling the virus which is practically non-existent now, everything is open and no one needs to wear masks anymore.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:03 AM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Taiwan. They did a brilliant job handling the virus which is practically non-existent now, everything is open and no one needs to wear masks anymore.
Sounds like a great destination for liberals. You should move there.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I would love to, but I don’t think they’d have me at my age LOL. Plus I’m not a fan of seafood.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I find it funny that even you think that a country which successfully vanquished the virus must be run by liberals though.

Old 12-30-2020, 01:34 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post

Florida probably. Savannah Georgia possibly as well. People are wearing masks in both places, but they're not being ridiculous about it and there is still plenty of stuff that is open.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:21 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Not Savannah, the city/county is quite strict and were the first to defy Kemp's original ban against enacting such regulations (before his royal spinelessness caved to the commies).

Old 12-30-2020, 06:06 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Not Savannah, the city/county is quite strict and were the first to defy Kemp's original ban against enacting such regulations (before his royal spinelessness caved to the commies).
Not sure about all that. I don't live there, but I was just there week or so ago. People still wearing masks, but it's nowhere near what it's like in Commiefornia. We were actually able to find live music too. Coming from California, it was a treat to even be able to sit inside.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:39 AM

2,789 posts, read 7,453,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
My girlfriend thinks masks are a fashion accessory. She wants me to take pictures of all her new masks with her matching outfits so she can show them off on social media. How can I discourage this?
Tell her the masks make her look fat and be prepared to sleep on the couch for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies