Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 04:12 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see some rubber bullet cannons being deployed to teach these thugs a permanant lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 06:53 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
I've always favored tar and feathers myself for rioters, arsonists, and thugs.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:55 PM

25,772 posts, read 12,840,301 times
The Democrat brand is being destroyed by the riots. They have lost moderate independents and democrats, and there are millions of people who describe themselves as such.

They will decide the outcome in November, and the radical liberal left has already turned on them before the election even takes place.

These moderates will reject the radical left, and re-elect Donald Trump, even though it is painful for them to do. They will take one for the good of the country, and let their patriotism shine through.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
The rioters and looters are their base now.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:58 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The most incredible thing about the violence, riots, and thuggery by the extreme left for the last few months, is not that people are doing it. Rather, the most incredible thing is that the Democrat politicians running things in most of those cities, are deliberately withdrawing their police, telling them to "stand down", and generally letting the rioting thugs and arsonists do whatever they want, anywhere they want. The thugs are even taking over POLICE STATIONS and burning them down!

I've seen the police doing very little as these thugs continue to pillage and burn the city. They've rolled a few tear gas canisters into the crowd of rioters, which the rioters brushed aside. Otherwise no real effect.

What on earth are the officials doing? More than FIFTY STRAIGHT NIGHTS of fires, smashing stores, looting, and their police stand idly by? What orders have the police been given, to keep them from halting the riots and arresting the rioters? And above all, WHY?

For the life of me I can't see why their cops aren't arresting people and throwing them in jail. Why not invest in maybe a thousand sets of handcuffs, and set up a few Joe-Arpaio-style tent cities in the middle of the state (such as south of Crowley or east of Andrews) to house (and isolate) them? I'd imagine there's a lot of rocks waiting to be broken there. The rioters will run out of people who like rioting, faster than the cops will run out of handcuffs, cots, and port-a-potties.

Isn't the main reason for having a city or state government, to prevent this stuff from happening? What is a government for, if not this?

Why are the Democrat politicians still drawing paychecks, while they just let this go on and on?

And when people go to the polls this November, what memories will be freshest on their minds about the performance of the do-nothings they elected last time?

Sure hope so !

Old 07-20-2020, 08:55 PM

521 posts, read 292,964 times
democrats need to wake up urgently.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:04 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The most incredible thing about the violence, riots, and thuggery by the extreme left for the last few months, is not that people are doing it. Rather, the most incredible thing is that the Democrat politicians running things in most of those cities, are deliberately withdrawing their police, telling them to "stand down", and generally letting the rioting thugs and arsonists do whatever they want, anywhere they want. The thugs are even taking over POLICE STATIONS and burning them down!

I've seen the police doing very little as these thugs continue to pillage and burn the city. They've rolled a few tear gas canisters into the crowd of rioters, which the rioters brushed aside. Otherwise no real effect.

What on earth are the officials doing? More than FIFTY STRAIGHT NIGHTS of fires, smashing stores, looting, and their police stand idly by? What orders have the police been given, to keep them from halting the riots and arresting the rioters? And above all, WHY?

For the life of me I can't see why their cops aren't arresting people and throwing them in jail. . . . . .
Why the confusion? You answered your own question. Police have been told not to arrest or even fight back. The leftist mayors and governors think chaos and danger will help their party in the elections. Hopefully law and order will prevail.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:19 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
We have always had riots and looting over the decades. Why is this somehow new?

Old 07-20-2020, 10:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have always had riots and looting over the decades. Why is this somehow new?
When have we ever had rioting and looting over the decades where the powers to be stood down and and let it go “unchecked”? Do you not see a difference?

Old 07-20-2020, 10:34 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Why the confusion? You answered your own question. Police have been told not to arrest or even fight back. The leftist mayors and governors think chaos and danger will help their party in the elections. Hopefully law and order will prevail.
Yup. Really my question was more directed at the people giving the police these orders. I wish the media would go to them with camera crews and microphone, as ask them why they are ordering their police not to do anything to these people - not arrest them, not stop them from throwing bricks through windows, not stop them from setting cars etc. on fire.

Pollyannaish of me to wish the media would pursue these liberal fanatics half as hard as they pursue Brett Kavanaugh, Donald Trump, Michael Flynn etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies