Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 01:36 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

The most incredible thing about the violence, riots, and thuggery by the extreme left for the last few months, is not that people are doing it. Rather, the most incredible thing is that the Democrat politicians running things in most of those cities, are deliberately withdrawing their police, telling them to "stand down", and generally letting the rioting thugs and arsonists do whatever they want, anywhere they want. The thugs are even taking over POLICE STATIONS and burning them down!

I've seen the police doing very little as these thugs continue to pillage and burn the city. They've rolled a few tear gas canisters into the crowd of rioters, which the rioters brushed aside. Otherwise no real effect.

What on earth are the officials doing? More than FIFTY STRAIGHT NIGHTS of fires, smashing stores, looting, and their police stand idly by? What orders have the police been given, to keep them from halting the riots and arresting the rioters? And above all, WHY?

For the life of me I can't see why their cops aren't arresting people and throwing them in jail. Why not invest in maybe a thousand sets of handcuffs, and set up a few Joe-Arpaio-style tent cities in the middle of the state (such as south of Crowley or east of Andrews) to house (and isolate) them? I'd imagine there's a lot of rocks waiting to be broken there. The rioters will run out of people who like rioting, faster than the cops will run out of handcuffs, cots, and port-a-potties.

Isn't the main reason for having a city or state government, to prevent this stuff from happening? What is a government for, if not this?

Why are the Democrat politicians still drawing paychecks, while they just let this go on and on?

And when people go to the polls this November, what memories will be freshest on their minds about the performance of the do-nothings they elected last time?

Last edited by Roboteer; 07-20-2020 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 01:45 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Excellent questions, to which I have no answers. I am completely baffled.
But to answer the question in your subject line, "Are Dem politicians killing their party's Nov 2020 election by letting rioting, burning and looting continue unopposed?" YES

Old 07-20-2020, 01:54 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Yes

Old 07-20-2020, 01:57 PM

Do these Democrat politicians actually think they can gain more by "blaming" the violence in their cities all on President Trump? More than blaming the rioters and thugs... and the Dem politicians' own withdrawal of their cities' police when they are most needed?

Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53466718

Portland protests: Mayor demands federal troops leave city
20 July 2020

Portland's mayor said the presence of federal troops was leading to more violence

"They are sharply escalating the situation," Mayor Ted Wheeler told CNN on Sunday.

There have been nightly protests against police brutality in the city since the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, in Minnesota in May.

The federal government has said it is trying to restore order in Portland.

Speaking to CNN on Sunday, Mayor Wheeler said "Their presence here is actually leading to more violence and more vandalism."

Old 07-20-2020, 02:07 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
No! I think the progressives need to amp it up big time.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:11 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
I hope so!

Old 07-20-2020, 02:15 PM

477 posts, read 336,526 times
High probability.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:23 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Don't try to figure out how the leftist mind functions. To keep it simple, just know and accept the fact that the left loves criminals and will risk the lives of law enforcement to help those criminals.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't try to figure out how the leftist mind functions. To keep it simple, just know and accept the fact that the left loves criminals and will risk the lives of law enforcement to help those criminals.
Not really. They just love having power. And they will use anything they can find that they think will help them get it.

Unfortunately, this time "anything" turns out to be rioting, burning, criminals, and snowflake officials willing to slime or smear President Trump. So they will grab those things, and use them for all they're worth to help them get power.

Law and order, right or wrong, are irrelevant to the leftists, since they don't see how those will get them more power.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:35 PM

174 posts, read 61,282 times
I don't get it either. I think they are severely hurting their chances. In the leftist mind, they think that leftist radicals running riot in leftist cities while leftist democrat politicians stand aside somehow hurts TRUMP?!

I get it. They want Trump out.
They had ONE JOB to do in FOUR years and that was to come up with a sane, reasonable democrat candidate. Instead we got Russiagate, impeachment proceedings and the candidate they chose at the end of this, likely has dementia and inspires nobody.

When George Floyd was killed. Trump was on the ropes. The nation largely didn't think he was/is an effective leader during the pandemic. His approval ratings were in the toilet. Now after weeks of endless rioting, destruction and violence, he can go from a failed incumbent to an ALTERNATIVE to the chaos we are seeing from the left. He can sell himself as the Law and Order president. Trump may not inspire much pride in the office of POTUS but at least he isn't standing around and letting cities burn like these democrat mayors and governors! I can guarantee that the biggest issue voters will go to the polls with is safety. Who wants to live with four years of defunded police and burning cities and this self loathing hatred of America?

You know how effective burning cities, riots and chaos will be in a Trump campaign commercial saying that :"This will be Biden's America"?

Congratulations Dems! You've all but guaranteed another 4 years of Trump and as unpleasant as that must seem to you, you have absolutely NOBODY to blame but yourselves!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies