Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 12:29 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That may be, but every single protester there, peaceful or otherwise, knows very well that violent elements are attacking the federal building. And the protesters, by their very presence even if unintentionally, are giving them cover. Any protester who remains next to the federal building, under the conditions that currently pertain, is aiding and abetting the rioters.
Wow.

So merely by standing nearby someone you are guilty of aiding them in whatever they do? If they physically prevent an arrest, absolutely. But just being there? That is ridiculous imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 12:33 PM

11,774 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. notice how all those shots are in the exact same area? Thats because this conflict is in a tiny portion of the city, and was under control until the feds stepped in.

I can show clips of thousands peacefully protesting. It doesn't mean these things are 100% non violent, just like your clips of violence doesn't mean its 100% violent either.
But these clips are all over the internet and the media only references Portland - not a small 6 city block area. Around the world - the city of Portland is getting a bad rep as the news is misrepresenting is happening in the city according to you. Why not go after the media to report fairly? The police are gaining lots of sympathy because these riots have gone on so long.

And I agree with the other poster - if you know the sh*t goes down after dark and you don't want to get caught up in it then take your arse home. If you get hit with a rubber bullet - you only have yourself to blame. I hate guns and I hate violence but I'd love to take this 63 yr old woman's arse down there and kick some sense into these protestors. I've had it and I think most of the country feels the same way - I know my dem friends do.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:35 PM

26,482 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Do these morons realize that if they stop attacking a federal courthouses then the feds will leave? This is beyond stupid thinking, anyone who doesn’t see the issue needs to have their head checked. Apparently you should be able to lay siege to a federal courthouse and not elicit attention from the feds.

Feds will pull out as state police takes over. Is this an admission that they were wrong about this the whole time? Won’t sending in state police increase the protest crowds and increase the violence?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ernor-protests

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4...it_nosession=1

Of course they realize it.

Mainstream Democrats have endorsed brown shirt tactics and their allies in the mainstream media are putting out Propaganda to support it.

There were riots for 39 straight days before Trump sent anyone in to protect federal property. All the Democrats have are lies.

Why are Democrats resisting law enforcement officers live streaming these riots? Because it will shed light on the lies.
If the police are so bad, everyone should want it live streamed to uncover any corruption or police misconduct.

Democrats would rather protect their brown shirt thugs then have the public see reality.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:36 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Wow.

So merely by standing nearby someone you are guilty of aiding them in whatever they do? If they physically prevent an arrest, absolutely. But just being there? That is ridiculous imo.
They are not merely bystanders. They are accomplices.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:37 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Wow.

And yet as you read all the responses thats what occurs. They like to call peaceful protesters rioters in order to justify things.

Really it means the next administration can just call tea party folks that protest "violent rioters" and tear gas them. I dont think they've thought their cunning plan all the way through.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:40 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Just like calling all protesters opposed to Trump "Antifa" then saying they will be labeled domestic terrorists. Truly chilling ramifications for the 1st.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:44 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
And your point is?? You don't like Trump, right? We get it!
Nothing hurts more than getting the facts from someone who is actually there.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
And yet as you read all the responses thats what occurs. They like to call peaceful protesters rioters in order to justify things.

Really it means the next administration can just call tea party folks that protest "violent rioters" and tear gas them. I dont think they've thought their cunning plan all the way through.
who is "they"? And for notnamed, who says all protestors are Antifa?

Old 07-30-2020, 12:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
one question - why was the unregulated and unsanitary food collective self-named Riot Ribs instead of Protest Pork?

Old 07-30-2020, 01:00 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
They could, but they'd be lying. To my knowledge, there wasn't a single act of violence or vandalism at any Tea Party gathering. The same most certainly cannot be said for Antifa or BLM protests. It's very simple: the Tea Party is a group of mature, responsible, peaceful adults; Antifa and BLM are violent, irresponsible, overgrown children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies