Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 08:32 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
If Biden steps down, and the VP becomes president, does this mean the Speaker of the House becomes VP?
No. The new president will pick a VP and that person will need to be confirmed by both houses of Congress.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:32 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Probably. Dems had their shot at Trump and are blowing it.
The right would have attacked the character or the sanity of any Democrat who was nominated, it's all they've got. Trump is a drooling idiot who can't even read a teleprompter so the right assumes the only way to get Trump reelected is to make Biden look worse

Old 08-06-2020, 08:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Here is how I see it: you are right, neither are in their prime and why anyone in their mid 70s or in the case of Biden would even want to live in the White House is beyond my imagine. All you have to do is look at how men age from the time they enter the White House until they exit

I do not like Trump but I think, mentally he has aged well: he is just not a likable person and will do anything to duck a question he does not want to answer. That to me is very different from how Biden handles himself. I just can't believe anyone is falling for his lack of brain function. I feel sorry for him to tell you the truth. His days are way past. He got to serve, for 8 years as VP and should now spend the autumn years of his life enjoying his family.
"O'Biden Bama!"

Biden has also claimed this past February that 150 million people have died in the U.S. due to criminal uses of firearms since 2007 - that's almost half of the country's population. Maybe he was thinking about aborted fetuses.

This is not a man who is all there cognitively. He has no business being the DNC's candidate and the only reason he's even there is that the DNC threw Bernie Sanders under the bus for the second straight time. Had the DNC allowed the vote to take its course, Sanders would have been the nominee in 2016 rather than Hillary Clinton, and Sanders actually had a stronger chance of winning than the former Secretary of State who became notorious for cursing out Secret Service agents ever did.

Many Bernie supporters voted for Trump out of spite and other sat out 2016. And this year, Bernie would have clinched the nomination, but with several candidates bowing out in quick succession, Biden's chances became stronger and ultimately insurmountable for Sanders.

This is a reason the Democratic Party has seen a rapid surge of the far left since 2016. Nancy Pelosi and others like her have no personal affinity for ludicrous and childish ideas such as the Squad's "Green New Deal;" they do not agree with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that Latinos cannot be prosecuted for being here illegally nor do they agree with Ilhan Omar's assertion that 9/11 was "some people did something." These radical leftists are angry, bitter, and on a mission to gain ground within the Democratic Party establishment both because they believe in their crazed make-believe agenda (which sounds humanitarian but which would be totalitarian and which would make them even richer and more powerful) and because they want to avenge Bernie.

In any case, the left is desperately trying to prevent Biden from debating President Trump. He'd likely commit gaffes on live national TV which President Trump would pounce on like a hungry lion on a helpless deer. But Mrs. Biden has stated her husband will debate President Trump. I'd rather believe her than the leftists who think that their candidate being in a basement and all but prohibited from speaking is the way a confident and skilled and qualified and most of all, cognitively healthy candidate for President of the United States of America should run a campaign.

And yet leftists think the right is actually running scared..............

Old 08-06-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The right would have attacked the character or the sanity of any Democrat who was nominated, it's all they've got. Trump is a drooling idiot who can't even read a teleprompter so the right assumes the only way to get Trump reelected is to make Biden look worse
And of course Bill Clinton never raped anybody and his wife didn't preside over massacres in Honduras and Libya as Secretary of State.

Leftists: guaranteed never to know history. That's why they target statues.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:04 AM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
I don't know what it is about posts that are SO steeped in irony that goes completely over the head of the poster, but I love these posts!

It is definitely one of my favorite types of posts on CD.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't know what it is about posts that are SO steeped in irony that goes completely over the head of the poster, but I love these posts!

It is definitely one of my favorite types of posts on CD.
I'm glad you like it

Old 08-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
And of course Bill Clinton never raped anybody and his wife didn't preside over massacres in Honduras and Libya as Secretary of State.

Leftists: guaranteed never to know history. That's why they target statues.
I didn't like Bill Clinton and I didn't like his wife, but I'm not sure how that is relevant to this discussion, or are we just trying to say Trump is bad but _______(fill in name of a democrat) is worse?

Old 08-06-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I didn't like Bill Clinton and I didn't like his wife, but I'm not sure how that is relevant to this discussion, or are we just trying to say Trump is bad but _______(fill in name of a democrat) is worse?
Then you're halfway there. Now vote for the old man who still has a functioning brain.... the guy with blonde hair, orange skin, a beautiful wife, and who isn't making gaffes.

As for Trump being bad.... he isn't perfect. But 4 more years Trump wouldn't be anywhere as bad as another Democrat POTUS.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:16 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janay755 View Post
In 2016 it was reported how sick Hillary was. Her coughing etc. but then nothing since. Now they talk about Joe having dementia. I wonder if it’s is bad as the media is reporting? Are things taken out of context? Let’s not turn this into a “well Trump has dementia” debate. I’d like to read from people that support Biden.
I’ve watched him take question and he seems ok but then his response to this was off
https://youtu.be/2D4oIQ4gDhs
Biden has made his final landing, is now taxiing to his assigned spot in the aircraft graveyard

Old 08-06-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Then you're halfway there. Now vote for the old man who still has a functioning brain.... the guy with blonde hair, orange skin, a beautiful wife, and who isn't making gaffes.

As for Trump being bad.... he isn't perfect. But 4 more years Trump wouldn't be anywhere as bad as another Democrat POTUS.
nah..I don't vote for losers but thanks anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies