Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 10:54 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The problem for NYC isn't that the average Joe is moving into or out of the city.

The problem for NYC is the 1% earners that pay 50% of the taxes leaving in droves.
Oh, it's wayyy more than 50%.

I seriously can't believe there are 10 sex offenders in the same building, right near a playground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 10:56 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Cool. Hope a lot of the NY Democrats move to swing states.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:58 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yup that is the problem. They bring their voting habits to those states. They can not understand it was the liberal policies that made them leave in the first place! *******s!

Old 08-08-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The thing is....lots of regular blue voters might not vote blue anymore when they see how a red city or state is run.

At least I hope.

We in TN are just about last for overall tax burden, and first for fiscal stability.

We pay nothing in taxes, it's almost ridiculous.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:46 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
The thing is....lots of regular blue voters might not vote blue anymore when they see how a red city or state is run.

At least I hope.

We in TN are just about last for overall tax burden, and first for fiscal stability.

We pay nothing in taxes, it's almost ridiculous.
That's why I am looking to retire there.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugal Audiophile View Post
The data suggests otherwise. The fact that Democrats are getting a lot more votes in red states is proof. Arizona will probably turn blue, when was the last time that happened? Beto O'Rourke who is considered a far leftists by many Republicans almost won the senate seat in TEXAS!!! Texas is in play now. That's insane.
Yes, it is insane and so is believing it !!! On that we can agree !!!

Old 08-08-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The data suggests otherwise. The fact that Democrats are getting a lot more votes in red states is proof. Arizona will probably turn blue, when was the last time that happened? Beto O'Rourke who is considered a far leftists by many Republicans almost won the senate seat in TEXAS!!! Texas is in play now. That's insane.
TN will NEVER become a tax hellhole.

All the politicians do is fight to lower them even more. They all already think we pay too much.

For example, there is a hall tax (retirement money) that is being phased out at the end of this year IIRC to lower tax burden even more.

Lol and we’re already 47 or 48 out of 50. Sales tax bites when you buy a fancy TV or something but that’s about it. Cars and stuff have a lower rate.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
TN probably won't turn blue anytime soon, but Arizona, Florida, and North Carolina all in the near future. Texas or Georgia in about 3 or 4 election cycles.

IT IS WHAT IT IS. shrugs
Only the reelection of Trump prevents that future !!! That is what it is !!!

Old 08-08-2020, 01:47 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Looks like the Upper West Side is just lovely.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/06/hundre...ssment-to-uws/

I don't know who came up with the idea to place the 'homeless' in hotels. They are not simply homeless, i.e. people without homes. They are people with a lot of issues. Addiction being the main one, but also mental illness and repeat sex offenders.

So they put them up in a hotel, in a residential neighborhood? People like this need to be in FULLY STAFFED residential treatment facilities. Not in a hotel by night and wandering the streets by day. This is cruel, for the homeless and the residents. NYC needs someone like Giuliani back.

People need to get out of dodge. This will affect me because my home is in a commutable suburb. Once NYC loses its value, so does my home. But I am not able to leave at this point.
How sad. That was my neighborhood. We were on the north side of 86th Street, so zoned for PS 166 instead of PS 87, but we were at the playground there all the time - ‘Buffalo’ playground.

Residents in the building where we lived are paying anywhere from $8,000 to $35,000 a month. (No, that isn’t a typo.). They’re not going to put up with that many homeless people in their faces for long. They have the money to go elsewhere. It might be the suburbs, or maybe even other parts of the city, but if the building owners start seeing massive move-outs, it’ll be interesting to see how things play out between them and City Hall.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Red states become bluer in 2018 after Trump's first election. Why would his re-election change that course? What's your proof?
There is no proof that what happens in a midterm election is what is going to happen in a national election !!!

Quite the contrary !!!

You will see the proof of that in less than 90 days !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies