Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 09:39 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
This is not what all the news media are reporting.
Oh I'm sooooo surprised! Your liberal elitist and foreign trillionaire owned/controlled media isn't reporting the real news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 AM

1,514 posts, read 891,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Frankly they could do away with SS, SSDI, Medicaid and all the rest. When I was a young man I was told not to count on it. So I listened.

I have my own retirement, my own healthcare, all of it.

Give me my money back so I can invest it. Do away with all the social bs and ginormous vet bennies and bring the budget back in balance.

I don’t care about anyone else, frankly.
Exibit A folks of your typical Trump voter, the mindset of what a sizable portion of people in the US think and why an uncompassionate, narcissistic, pathological liar, multiple bankruptcy, maritally unfaithful, reality TV star is in office. "I do not care about anyone else", "too bad the majority benefit from these programs", "I got mine" so, "get off my lawn!"

Last edited by txbullsfan; 08-10-2020 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-10-2020, 09:51 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
wrong wrong wrong - your loved one obama in 2012 reduced the tax from 6.2 to 4.2

so yes he did you are covering up the fact - you can run but you cant hide from the truth

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ho...pare-to-obamas

Old 08-10-2020, 09:54 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'd be ok with term limits on Senators if we repealed the direct election provisions of the 17th Amendment.

I'm not ok with term limits on the house.

I used to be for term limits, and there are very valid arguments for them. Then I was presented with an argument against them that gave me a fresh perspective.

Our elected representatives are precisely that - the people that We the People have chosen to represent us in government.

If I think that Louie Gohmert has been doing a good job for TX-1, and I want him to be able to continue representing me, why should he be excluded from that opportunity simply because he's done it before? That's not hurting Gohmert; that's hurting me, the person who believes he's the best choice to represent me in government.

Term limits disenfranchise the voters, not the politicians. Corruption is a big problem, but we're going to have to tackle it in other ways.
There is ONE best choice in a district of 700,000 people? And they are the best choice for 20-30 years?

Fresh approaches and new ideas should never be implemented?

The power of parties, money and incumbency "disenfranchise" voters. Look at how few incumbents lose in primaries. And look at how few districts are actually competitive. Barring a felon who committs a really bad felony, one party completely controls about 300 of the 435 districts.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:55 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump is not attacking SS or Medicare. He has done more for working Americans than most. Where do people think money comes from anyway? Might want to look in the mirror at who pays for all of the promises made by either party.

Dems want to raise taxes - Trump wants to keep them down. Dems want to support rioters and lawbreakers - Trump wants to enforce the laws on the books. Dem led states and cities are in dire straights because of political malfeasance - Trump wants them to reap what they sewed. Tough love and common sense vs. the parent that gives you everything you want - which is why most woke people can't deal with the reality.
By deferring or doing away with payroll taxes completely you can't fund SS and Medicare. That's where the money comes from.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:04 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
By deferring or doing away with payroll taxes completely you can't fund SS and Medicare. That's where the money comes from.
Obama cut SS taxes in 2012. SS is still here.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:17 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Has anyone seen Mr. BankTrumptcy this fearful, scared and desperate? Just think what he'll be coming up with in the next 2 months!!! I'm sure he's been making desperate calls to Russia: Aren't you going to help me this time?
Trump the stabile genius has proven to be a master politician as he has put Pelosi and her puppy dog Schumer back on their heels !!! Yes they were caught flatfooted and now exposed as the do nothings when its time to help people in need !!! Now their response is to come out telling lie after lie as their defense crumbles !!!

Old 08-10-2020, 10:18 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Obama cut SS taxes in 2012. SS is still here.
Let's hope it stays intact. I don't think that Trump can actually cut these programs. He would if he could. But then he says a lot of crap that he can't actually pull off. You'd think he'd be careful with SS and Medicare since seniors are one of his larger voting blocs.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:19 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,557,325 times
Quote:
If you haven't heard it already, Trump just signed an executive order to suspend the payroll tax.

THIS FUNDS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE.

Trump said the employer portion of the payroll tax would be deferred from Aug. 1 through the end of the year, though the move would not directly aid unemployed workers, who do not pay the tax when they are jobless, and faces bipartisan opposition on Capitol Hill.

“If I win, I may extend and terminate,” Trump said, repeating a longtime goal but remaining silent on how he’d fund the Medicare and Social Security benefits that the 7% tax on employee income covers. Employers also pay 7.65% of their payrolls into the funds.

If you value your life and wellbeing- dump him in NOV.!!
Yah right, three bags full. Another left-wing nutcase load of colon blow.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:21 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
If you haven't heard it already, Trump just signed an executive order to suspend the payroll tax.

THIS FUNDS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE.

Trump said the employer portion of the payroll tax would be deferred from Aug. 1 through the end of the year, though the move would not directly aid unemployed workers, who do not pay the tax when they are jobless, and faces bipartisan opposition on Capitol Hill.

“If I win, I may extend and terminate,” Trump said, repeating a longtime goal but remaining silent on how he’d fund the Medicare and Social Security benefits that the 7% tax on employee income covers. Employers also pay 7.65% of their payrolls into the funds.

If you value your life and wellbeing- dump him in NOV.!!
When Obama with congress temporarily cut the payroll tax was it an attack on social security and Medicare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies