Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 09:47 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The anti-Trumps are blaming Trump for whatever issues the USPS is having. They need to read this article:

https://www.eatthis.com/places-coron...ign=yahoo-feed

From the article:

In fact, between 2011 and 2016, there were roughly 14,000 USPS mailboxes removed, which was during the Obama-Biden administration.

A 2009 Washington Post article stated, "In the past 20 years, 200,000 mailboxes have vanished from city streets, rural routes and suburban neighborhoods – more than the 175,000 that remain."

"The U.S. Postal Service says it removes 'underperforming' mailboxes – those that collect fewer than 25 pieces of mail a day – after a week-long 'density test,'" the report read, echoing what Frum said last week.

Because of the hysteria over the relocated mailboxes, the USPS said they would not remove any boxes until after the election.
the level of believing everything is Trump's fault and it's intentionally evil was bad in 2017. It appears it will only increase until at least Nov 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 09:57 AM

1,514 posts, read 891,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
are you sure on the 1 in 4? I *think* I posted a link to the various "not at a polling place on Election Day".

1 in 4 people used vote in mailing in the previous (2016) election.

Statistic from here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2482SA

Also from the Federal Election Commission.gov (fec.gov) - this is a general link to FEC:
https://www.fec.gov/

Statistic from fec.gov (page 10)
https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-co...ng-by-Mail.pdf

After reviewing this information, what does the government themselves (excluding Donald Trump) say about rates of voter fraud?

Old 08-18-2020, 09:58 AM

628 posts, read 209,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
Who said everyone in the state has to, or will decide to vote by mail? 1 in 4 (25%) of voters did so last election so while it is not rare (its widespread) most people still voted in person. I bet my bottom dollar the same will hold true this election.

If more choose to choose to vote by mail this election (many people are still afraid to leave the house and have groceries and essentials delivered) then there will be more logistics. With that, you did not answer the question I asked you:

Is the answer then to reduce sorting machines and block increased funding to improve the "logistical problem" or would those be opposite actions to take if one was trying to improve things to make sure it does not happen (or the problem is reduced)?
My entire state votes by mail.

Hope this helps.

Your question includes a false premise in assuming the things being done at USPS haven't already been going on for decades or aren't a regular function of USPS logistics over the years.

People like you are taking pictures of mailboxes stacked up where they've been stacked up for ages (or where they're usually stacked up when being replaced) and claiming that Trump is pulling them up so people can't vote.

The assertions from the left on this whole thing are absolutely absurd and I find your question equally as absurd because of the false premise.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The only person who looks like they are pushing an agenda is the current President of the United States:

"2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history.
"It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote"
President Donald J. Trump - July 30, 2020

"They want $25 billion for the post office. Now, they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. Now, in the meantime, they aren't getting there. But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it"
President Donald J. Trump - August 13, 2020

“Mail ballots, they cheat,” Mr. Trump said. “Mail ballots are very dangerous for this country because of cheaters." - President Trump

On August 13th, 2020 - President Trump Requests to personally utilize mail-in Ballots for the upcoming Florida Primary after spending weeks criticizing the practice for "potential voter fraud"

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” - President Trump
Trump lies and contradicts himself? News at 11.

There are significant problems with a sudden move to mail-in voting and there are thousands of cases of mail fraud that I've already linked in this thread.

Navada wants to accept ballots dumped off 3 days after the election that don't have signatures on them. That's part of Navada's new voting law they're trying to force through.

**** like this is happening. Wake up.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It blows my mind that foreigners come here and refuse to learn our Constitution....
The test to pass citizenship is tough. Most legal immigrants know the Constitution better than our own citizenry.

It blows my mind that many high school graduates in the US can barely read.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
The only person who looks like they are pushing an agenda is the current President of the United States:

"2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history.
"It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote"
President Donald J. Trump - July 30, 2020

"They want $25 billion for the post office. Now, they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. Now, in the meantime, they aren't getting there. But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it"
President Donald J. Trump - August 13, 2020

“Mail ballots, they cheat,” Mr. Trump said. “Mail ballots are very dangerous for this country because of cheaters." - President Trump

On August 13th, 2020 - President Trump Requests to personally utilize mail-in Ballots for the upcoming Florida Primary after spending weeks criticizing the practice for "potential voter fraud"

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” - President Trump
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
We can be sure president trumps ballot was not fraudulent in any way. He was who he was and voted once.

Whats your point?
Is this truly all you got from those multiple statements made by the President regarding this topic?

Old 08-18-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
My entire state votes by mail.

Hope this helps.

Your question includes a false premise in assuming the things being done at USPS haven't already been going on for decades or aren't a regular function of USPS logistics over the years.

People like you are taking pictures of mailboxes stacked up where they've been stacked up for ages (or where they're usually stacked up when being replaced) and claiming that Trump is pulling them up so people can't vote.

The assertions from the left on this whole thing are absolutely absurd and I find your question equally as absurd because of the false premise.

So you refuse to answer the question. Fair enough, you do not have to. I would like someone to answer it and others though:

1. What do the President's own statements regarding the matter say regarding this topic (previous post to this one and also on post #317 on page #32 of this thread - also Google to confirm those are his statements)?

2. What have some veterans and other members in the government said regarding having their prescriptions and things delayed now confirming something has indeed changed recently?
https://connectingvets.radio.com/art...-2020-dav-says

3. President Trump has been President for how long and now, "coincidentally" he wants to tackle Post office costs (machines are being moved, overtime cut, funding to fund what is expected to be a more utilized mail in voting system because more people are afraid to leave their home because of Covid then in 2016)?
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/11/90134...tting-measures

4. Is the answer then to reduce sorting machines and block increased funding to improve the "logistical problem" or would those be opposite actions to take if one was trying to improve things to make sure it does not happen (or the problem is reduced)?

5. How do the answers of questions 2-5 of this post tie into the Presidents own statements (answer in question 1)?

Old 08-18-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The postmaster general has stated there will be no trouble handling the election with the current funding. Said so all along. This is all another democrab hoax.
what was said to 46 states was "we cannot guarantee that given YOUR state's practices or deadlines, we can get ballot mail processed in time."

Old 08-18-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:

1 in 4 people used vote in mailing in the previous (2016) election.

Statistic from here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2482SA

Also from the Federal Election Commission.gov (fec.gov) - this is a general link to FEC:
https://www.fec.gov/

Statistic from fec.gov (page 10)
https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-co...ng-by-Mail.pdf

After reviewing this information, what does the government themselves (excluding Donald Trump) say about rates of voter fraud?
thank you. Somewhere there is a chart of absentee/VBM (the 5 states), early voting, and on Election Day. There's been so many topics started, I know I googled and found it and thought I posted it.

I was surprised to learn that "on Election Day" had dropped to right at 50%. Just not sure how many mail-ins it said. Early voting is what has really exploded.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:06 AM

22,663 posts, read 24,614,838 times
USPS would possibly get more of my support is they tried a little harder to modernize their operations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies