Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2020, 03:38 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
And the democrats are trying to use mail in voting to commit fraud.
How ironic, that the only time anyone has ever committed voter fraud it's always been republicans, yet you want to project this onto democrats. Bravo, another Trumper fully detached from reality.

Quote:
Trump is doing what's best for America and Americans. If you can go shop, go to church, go out and do ANYTHING then you can go vote IN PERSON.
By destroying it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 03:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,998,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
How ironic, that the only time anyone has ever committed voter fraud it's always been republicans, yet you want to project this onto democrats. Bravo, another Trumper fully detached from reality.
Sums it up pretty good.

Here. None of the Trumpsters view TV news or read a newspaper. As they have been brainwashed that all news is fake.

Facts and statistics and even direct quotes are deemed fake. Even if Trump himself says something. That is fake as it came from the news media.

They don't even know that the famous or infamous Trump Washington hotel is the old headquarters for the Post Office.

Old 08-16-2020, 04:09 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Well, history has said otherwise, and there is no proof. In fact all facts lead to the contrary, so can you point me to your source?

If you do any research, you would see how impossible widespread fraud by mail would be.

I gave a quote from the POTUS saying he is trying to defund the USPS specifically to suppress votes. That is PROOF.

Where are your quotes that D's are trying to use mail-in voting for fraud. Where is your proof that it's ever happened on any scale? Where is your proof that it's even possible?

Trump and R's are also shutting down polling stations that don't favor them (FACT)
R's have been caught gerrymandering "with laser precision" (FACT)
More modern cases of voter fraud have been committed by R's than D's (FACT)

Trump himself uses mail-in voting (FACT)
I recieved a brochure (by USPS, LMAO) yesteday with him touting absentee voting (a form of mail in voting).

Where's your proof? Not your accusations, PROOF.
Trump uses an absentee ballot. There is a difference. They need to be requested by the individual, for one thing.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the generic "we"
"We" don't pay USPS overtime any more than "we" pay Amazon overtime, do "we"?

Old 08-16-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
a discussion about fixing the Post Office would be much more accurate and productive than the OP and the thread title.

I know I've already said what seem to be the 2 biggest issues to fixing it - the 2006 law that radically changed their pension obligations and the inability to raise prices.
Agreed. Fully.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I have an idea.... let's all foil his dastardly plot by voting in person!!!
Nope. I'll simply drop my absentee ballot at the county clerk's office directly.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:28 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
If the election workers doing the signature verification on all returned ballots are doing their job, things should be okay.

It is difficult to imagine anyone being able to replicate a bunch of unknown signatures from stolen ballots.

The more likely scenario is the NC one, where people go through the neighborhood gathering and filling out people's absentee ballots, after getting them to sign.

NC does not mail out ballots.

But a number of states do. Have they reported such problems?

Old 08-16-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

“The Postal Service routinely moves equipment around its network as necessary to match changing mail and package volumes. Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline. Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations and better service for our customers.“

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...s-post-offices

Wait a minute! You mean Trump's brand new Post Master didn't say they were intentionally trying to slow down mail delivery? Well that settles it, I guess.

You didn't post the comments from the local union leadership in that same article, how come?

...The loss of the sorters, along with strict rules for overtime, have meant delivery trucks are leaving behind piles of unsorted mail on a regular basis - including Express Mail, said Resetarits. "The trucks leave whether the mail is ready or not. We are experiencing service delays."...

Let's see some data that says the Buffalo PO has slowed down to the point where it requires 5 less mail sorting machines. Or data that says there are other locations that need those machines more than Buffalo.

Maybe it's true. I don't know. Show me, Mr. DeJoy.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
how is this a problem?.....

democrats want mail in voting

The Post Office says they need $25 billion to make it work....
....Congress does the spending and is controlled by democrats

why doesn't Congress/democrats pass a bill and give them the money?

..and no where is Trump "restricting voting rights"

Come again?

Old 08-16-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If the election workers doing the signature verification on all returned ballots are doing their job, things should be okay.

It is difficult to imagine anyone being able to replicate a bunch of unknown signatures from stolen ballots.

The more likely scenario is the NC one, where people go through the neighborhood gathering and filling out people's absentee ballots, after getting them to sign.

NC does not mail out ballots.

But a number of states do. Have they reported such problems?

Nailed it. Ballot harvesting should absolutely be prohibited in every state, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies