Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2020, 11:13 AM

23,627 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

“The Postal Service routinely moves equipment around its network as necessary to match changing mail and package volumes. Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline. Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations and better service for our customers.“

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...s-post-offices
Wait, what? They are taking these machines out of one area to move them to another that has a higher volume of mail? Curse them for trying to be efficient, more cost effective and a better service.

The way people in here, and their leaders, are screaming I figured they were putting these machines in mothballs, or taking them out and using them for target practice or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 11:22 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Every 3 seconds an identity is stolen in America, and there's a party that wants to remove signature verification and send out hundreds of millions of ballots with no way of verifying who filled them out.....it's obvious what they want. They are worried they can't win legitimately so they want to win via voter fraud

Right.

I'm headed to a grocery store this afternoon.

When I get there, the store will be filled with people that seem to have no problem getting to Walmart, Kroger, Burger King and Baskin Robbins when doing so suits them.

So now all these people that seem to have no problem getting to the local grocer, fast food restaurant, smoke shop and/or liquor store have an issue with voting in person, even when all the now normal precautions are taken (face masks, social distancing and hand sanitizing).

Obviously, the virus isn't the issue.

Democrats are attempting to use mass distribution of unsupervised ballots to cheat in the 2020 election.

After the recounts, Russia-gate and the attempted impeachment of Trump, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:46 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Wait, what? They are taking these machines out of one area to move them to another that has a higher volume of mail? Curse them for trying to be efficient, more cost effective and a better service.

The way people in here, and their leaders, are screaming I figured they were putting these machines in mothballs, or taking them out and using them for target practice or something.

The source of the alarm is postal employees looking for a big fat federal bailout, so tying their desired funding to alleged election shenanigans kills two birds with one sleazy unfounded accusation.

The post office is nevertheless a dinosaur living out its last desperate moments in a world that has moved on without it.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
In WA state, you only need to have your ballot postmarked by election day. Other states are requiring you to have the ballot delivered by election day. That just seems wrong. Your vote should count once it is in the hands of the post office.
I am all for mail in ballots. I have done it for sometime because it is far easier than going before or after work or knowing where to early vote. I typically do my ballots as soon as they come in. I don't know why others cannot. I mean I get you get busy, but can do it in your office and research the politicians and prop votes and stances far easier than at a polling location. In Arizona I think it needs to be postmarked prior to the week before and if not you can drop it off as a provisional ballot (these are the ones counted in races too close to call like the Bush-Gore Florida counts or the Sinema-McSally race two years ago but most times not counted FTW.)

Old 08-15-2020, 12:37 PM

23,627 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
The source of the alarm is postal employees looking for a big fat federal bailout, so tying their desired funding to alleged election shenanigans kills two birds with one sleazy unfounded accusation.
This is so true. A pity that they can't see they are being played, even when it's proven to them.
Quote:
The post office is nevertheless a dinosaur living out its last desperate moments in a world that has moved on without it.
We do need to move on. Maybe if Trump hadn't been so stonewalled from day one then he may have started the process. Maybe he will in his next four years

Old 08-15-2020, 12:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Of course it is to restrict voting rights.. Dogs and cats should be restricted from voting in a presidential election.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:41 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Right.

I'm headed to a grocery store this afternoon.

When I get there, the store will be filled with people that seem to have no problem getting to Walmart, Kroger, Burger King and Baskin Robbins when doing so suits them.

So now all these people that seem to have no problem getting to the local grocer, fast food restaurant, smoke shop and/or liquor store have an issue with voting in person, even when all the now normal precautions are taken (face masks, social distancing and hand sanitizing).

Obviously, the virus isn't the issue.

Democrats are attempting to use mass distribution of unsupervised ballots to cheat in the 2020 election.

After the recounts, Russia-gate and the attempted impeachment of Trump, this shouldn't come as a surprise.
Not everybody can get to a polling place. Many seniors and disabled people are house bound. Many people are not in their home states at election time. Besides, absentee voting has been a thing forever. It's a shame nobody will keep Trump from breaking the law by purposely delaying mail delivery.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:48 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
This is so true. A pity that they can't see they are being played, even when it's proven to them.
We do need to move on. Maybe if Trump hadn't been so stonewalled from day one then he may have started the process. Maybe he will in his next four years
The process started 25 years ago.

I would argue that the only thing the present PMG has done differently from any of his predecessors in the past 25 years is his stating the intent to limit and stop paying overtime to postal workers by limiting us to 8 hours a day as SOP rather than trying to eliminate and stop paying postal workers penalty (double) overtime after 10 hours a day as was standard before you could see the sausage made when piece's bar code was scanned. And to get to that no overtime goal that the order that the truck runs on schedule instead of waiting until the last piece is ready went out.

The removal and consolidating of equipment in central locations to cut mechanic and clerk jobs in favor of diesel fuel and a truck driver is nothing new. And it is nothing that was pulled out of the hat because the election was coming in a few months.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:52 PM

9,515 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

respectful disagreement to the front of the line...

I read the entire article twice and didn't see where Trump admitted that the reason he doesn't want to give the USPS money is part of an effort to restrict voting efforts. The click-bait headline said that, not Trump. Please point to the specific quote.

The left has tried this tactic before. They turned "there's some bad apples among those trying to enter the country illegally across the Mexican board" into "All Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos, etc., are criminals". That's not a leap of logic, that's blatant duplicity.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:58 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Thanks to Trump, Joe Biden can now run on saving the United States Postal Service.

I guarantee you every single Trump supporter on city-data wants the USPS to survive. It's infrastructure 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies