Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 06:38 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while you may "think" its never been a disaster, that does not equal that it is not a disaster

there is no way to control, (QA/QC) mail in votes...no way to know that the registered voter is getting the ballot, no way to know if the actual registered voter is the one filling it out, no way to know if the USPS is actually picking them up and getting them to the proper destination, or if they are getting dumped in a dumpster

https://www.newsweek.com/dozen-us-po...e-road-1152739

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=4msTrNn8Su8

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/video-...h-745093187956

Woman Finds Box Of Mail In Dumpster, Says Postal Worker Was Seen Dumping It | PostalReporter.com

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...428-story.html

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/08...1601471461129/

https://fox40.com/news/postal-worker...trashing-mail/
I get an email when my ballot has been mailed to me and an email when it has been counted. Not worried about your videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 06:47 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Can't you guys see that this voting by mail thing is an absolute disaster.

If Biden wins Trump will claim irregularities, If Trump wins the democrats will do the same.

WHO does it hurt?

The American people.

We won't have any election results until 2022!!!
Funny you say that. I remember during the campaign of 2016 there was this brief interview with Trump and he mentioned something about Russia helping Hillary in the elections. When the Russian collusion stuff started to come out I searched for that interview but never found it again. In the back of my brain I was wondering if the election was indeed rigged so that whoever won, the so called deep state would use the Russian collusion on either candidate that won to try and distract and divide the country.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:59 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Default Obama: Trump is trying to 'actively kneecap' and 'starve' the postal service

"Class vs. Trash", Obama vs. Trump! That's it in a nutshell!

Quote:
Former President Barack Obama took on President Donald Trump's attempts to stall funding for the United States Postal Service in a podcast published Friday, slamming his successor's opposition to the much-needed funds as a craven attempt to boost his chances of winning in November.

Obama, in a podcast with David Plouffe, his former campaign manager, took on the Trump administration in direct terms, including calling out Vice President Mike Pence by name.

"What we've seen in a way that is unique to modern political history is a President who is explicit in trying to discourage people from voting," Obama said. "What we've never seen before is a President say, 'I'm going to try to actively kneecap the postal service to encourage voting and I will be explicit about the reason I'm doing it.'"

Obama added: "That's sort of unheard of."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/polit...ice/index.html

Old 08-14-2020, 07:03 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Obama is a moron. How is Trump "starving" the USPS? Their revenue comes from the postage charges they collect-has Trump eliminated those charges? Now, the USPS has been a disaster of poor management, irresponsibility and lack of accountability-I hope a businessman can make them run more like a private business-one that manages it's costs, than your typical incompetent, unaccountable government bureaucracy.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:05 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
The new russia hoax

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Trump is trying to 'actively kneecap' and 'starve' the postal service

Yep. That is it exactly, even Trump supporters know it.

2,774 posts, read 903,626 times
congrats tillman7. You have been classified as a "one line linker" and have been put on the ignore list. I rarely see you actually compose a cogent thought. The majority of your posts consist of a snarky remark and a link to someplace else. I encourage others to ignore "one line linkers" like tillman7. Makes reading these threads much quicker.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:07 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I understand that it is dead wrong for a POTUS to degrade and delegitimize a federal election, but why won't people just get off their butts and go vote in person?!!!! This election is important enough to go brave the Covid. Frankly, I don't understand why this is not being argued before the courts?
Simple-showing up in person makes it harder for someone to vote multiple times. For someone to "steal" votes by walking down the street and taking ballots out of mailboxes. And it makes it harder for for foreign criminals to vote.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:08 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,626 times
Another VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY.

This is sounding more like Russian collusion every day.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Obama is a moron. How is Trump "starving" the USPS? Their revenue comes from the postage charges they collect-has Trump eliminated those charges? Now, the USPS has been a disaster of poor management, irresponsibility and lack of accountability-I hope a businessman can make them run more like a private business-one that manages it's costs, than your typical incompetent, unaccountable government bureaucracy.

!! Pleeze tell me you are not serious! How is shutting down mail-sorting machines in any way designed to do anything except slow down or halt processing the ballots?

Postal Service removes some mail-sorting machines, sparking concerns ahead of election

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/polit...nes/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies