Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2020, 07:14 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I understand that it is dead wrong for a POTUS to degrade and delegitimize a federal election, but why won't people just get off their butts and go vote in person?!!!! This election is important enough to go brave the Covid. Frankly, I don't understand why this is not being argued before the courts?
The Democrats want vote by mail. Republicans think you should go vote. If they have early voting like we do here in Houston they can extend the days or expand the places so people can social distance. At least people can be there from both sides to be poll watchers. I don’t like the idea of mail in ballots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 07:32 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times
Well, he just flat out admitted it on Fox News:

“If we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money,” Trump told host Maria Bartiromo on Thursday. “That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting; they just can’t have it.”

Someone in the media was talking about how Trump says out loud what other politicians say quietly or in code words. I happen to think it's not just about him being extraordinarily bold. I think it has something to do with brain health. Now some people might attack me as if I am excusing his audacity, blaming it on the brain instead of pure evil politics.

I'm not trying to excuse anything. It looks like some kind of attenuated anosognosia to me. You see the same think when someone who does a mass shooting goes on a website and blatantly tells the whole world they are planning to get a gun and shoot people. A run-of-the-mill criminal would not do that, esp. in these see something say something days. Anosognosia is when a part of the brain is not functioning properly and the person is unable to recognize that their thinking or behaviors are disordered. It's a neurological problem that in so-called 'mental illness' (which is really brain disorders) is often defined as someone not knowing they are sick.

Well, that is a deficient and useless definition. How do you know you are sick with a cold? You recognize that you are symptomatic and that your body feels poorly. When a person with a brain disorder that affects mentation has anosognosia, they do not recognize they are symptomatic - the symptoms are abnormal thoughts, speech, and behavior. I really don't think he has any idea whatsoever that what he said about obstructing mail in voting by disabling mail services is strange or outrageous, I really don't.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:33 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How did they vote in the primary. They can do the same now.
WE voted by mail-in as others did. If Trump is so worried about the ballots being a fraud then why as the leader of the country doesn't he lead as he's supposed to and have his administration make every effort to see that voter gets to cast a vote fair & square. He's suppose to be working for all citizens not just his pandered few. He's following Putin's orders to obscure the voting system Typical communist tactics.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:37 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The new russia hoax
It’s true, trump admitted to both.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:51 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Democrat internal polling must really suck for them to push the USPS conspiracy theory this hard.

Last edited by Ultor; 08-14-2020 at 08:05 PM..

Old 08-14-2020, 07:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
IMO Trump is committing treason by doing this. The US Post Office is in the Constitution. This is absolutely sickening. I don't ever want to hear another Republican say they "believe in the Constitution".

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The Democrats want vote by mail. Republicans think you should go vote. If they have early voting like we do here in Houston they can extend the days or expand the places so people can social distance. At least people can be there from both sides to be poll watchers. I don’t like the idea of mail in ballots.
Entire states vote by mail including mine. What's Trump going to do there? Demand they close all their post offices because he's afraid he'll lose?

At least 19 mail-sorting machines, which can process up to 35,000 pieces of mail per hour, have been removed without any explanation, postal workers told Motherboard. And an internal letter published by the USPS in June outlines a plan to remove hundreds of mail-sorting machines from operation this year.
https://www.businessinsider.com/usps...lection-2020-8

Old 08-14-2020, 08:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I understand that it is dead wrong for a POTUS to degrade and delegitimize a federal election, but why won't people just get off their butts and go vote in person?!!!! This election is important enough to go brave the Covid. Frankly, I don't understand why this is not being argued before the courts?
The U.S. Post Office is in the Constitution. The president should go to jail for hindering the post office, it goes against EVERYTHING the job of president represents. Saying "just go vote in person" is saying, I know murder is bad but just hide the knives.

Entire states vote by mail. This is absolutely inexcusable. And the ultimate joke is, Trump himself wants to vote by mail. This is a classic example of why people hate Trump so much.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Sorting machines are being removed in HIGH POPULATION (Democrat) areas.

Trump is purposely trying to reduce votes in areas with the highest percentage of Democrats.

Hopefully people drop off their ballots at the elections office drop-box ahead of time, or vote in-person. Or mail their ballot 4 weeks early. Even if sent early, the ballots might be "lost" within the postal system.

I am voting in-person.

Source?

Old 08-14-2020, 08:16 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wasn't it always a federal crime to hinder mail delivery? I guess a felony is in the eye of the beholder, especially since it's a felon doing the hindering.
A USPS spokesperson said the move is routine. "Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline," said the spokesperson. "Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/postal-wo...203218629.html

Old 08-14-2020, 08:52 PM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A USPS spokesperson said the move is routine. "Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline," said the spokesperson. "Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/postal-wo...203218629.html
Adding facts to this topic? How dare you

Trump had also stated he would pass a bill for the USPS funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies