Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 03:09 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Of course it is, that is just so typical of hysterical right wingers, especially the self-appointed 3 star crew. They'll post whatever fits their narrative without even trying to figure out whether there is any truth to it.

It's clear from how the people are dressed that this was NOT recorded in August, or the summer at all. Looks like March to me. When NYC was in full lockdown.

On my 730 train to NY, 12 people in a car that holds about 85. On way home, 15 at 4 p.m.

Normal 90-95 with folks standing.
Attached Thumbnails
Disturbing video about what has happened to Manhattan-metronorth0819kimg0048.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 03:34 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Our Plano, TX office headcount has been zero since March. Not that I go there that often anyway.

If he wins, it will be his America, but as of today its still Trumps America and his home city no less. The video was shot months ago, as has been pointed out here.
It's DeBlasio's and Cuomo's New York....they need to own this. Trump moved to Florida months ago and left that helhole behind.

I thought the video was after the 5th Ave riots, and that is why the store fronts were all boarded up. Do you mean they boarded them up months ago when they shut down for covide-19, and never re-opened?

Then did the 5th Ave looters from last weedk or the week before break through the plywood barriers? I'm guessing the inventory was mostly moved away in the weeks in between.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:26 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I saw this posted on other forums and some New Yorkers piped in and said it is old footage just after Covid started.
Why would there be that much stuff boarded up right after COVID-19 started? It's more likely because of the lawlessness allowed to go on and the riots.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:32 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Unreal, how vast the devastation is. One of the greatest shopping streets in America, wiped out. And yet, the only use that DeBlassio has for the police is to guard that vile BLM slogan painted on the street.

And how is it that Fifth Avenue is so empty of traffic, both cars and pedestrians? Where is everyone?
You should’ve seen rodeo drive...

Black Lives Matter domestic terrorism will stop at nothing.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,927,785 times
New York is fine and getting better. Windows are no longer boarded up. It's just like the 70's NY without Studio 54 and will get better in 25 years just like did over 40 years ago.

Old 08-21-2020, 03:36 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
New York is fine and getting better. Windows are no longer boarded up. It's just like the 70's NY without Studio 54 and will get better in 25 years just like did over 40 years ago.

Defunding the police and now paramedics in NYC is not going to help anything.

Yet supposedly DeBlasio's wife still has her 14 entourage members costing the city 2 million per year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-job-cuts.html

He wouldn't stop the rioters from destroying the city, yet assigned 27 cops to protect the BLM graffiti he helped create.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-matter-mural/

No one would have believed NYC would have devolved like it has, and no one can blame Trump or the (R's) for any of it.
Where is Rudy when you need him?

`

Old 08-21-2020, 11:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,927,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Defunding the police and now paramedics in NYC is not going to help anything.

Yet supposedly DeBlasio's wife still has her 14 entourage members costing the city 2 million per year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-job-cuts.html

He wouldn't stop the rioters from destroying the city, yet assigned 27 cops to protect the BLM graffiti he helped create.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-matter-mural/

No one would have believed NYC would have devolved like it has, and no one can blame Trump or the (R's) for any of it.
Where is Rudy when you need him?

`
This is only for this era. In another era(25 to 30 years, maybe even less), NY will be booming again, and the city will be fine. I felt that way in the 70's when city was stuck in the rust. Lord and behold, I was right! NY bounced back after that. It definitely will do so this time around.

Old 08-22-2020, 07:27 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
This is planned. I'm not saying that the Covid 19 pandemic was done for this reason, but it certainly was co opted and used to try to wreck the US economy as a way to hurt Trump. But they're also trying to drive down real estate prices by destroying the middle class and bankrupting small companies. Then the ones with infinitely deep pockets and their lackeys will swoop in and buy everything at fire sale prices. Not just urban real estate, farms, national park land, wildlife refuges.
Agenda 21. Except whole swaths of trailer parks and FEMA tralers in addition to the housing projects in urban wastelands.
The Native Americans may be lucky and get to keep their reservations, if they aren't kicked off those too. But the rest of us will be on one, too.

Last edited by Icy Tea; 08-22-2020 at 07:38 AM..

Old 08-22-2020, 07:32 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
So we have to wait 25 years for ny to be nice wow

Old 08-22-2020, 07:35 AM

376 posts, read 103,027 times
Quote:
This is only for this era. In another era(25 to 30 years, maybe even less), NY will be booming again, and the city will be fine. I felt that way in the 70's when city was stuck in the rust. Lord and behold, I was right! NY bounced back after that. It definitely will do so this time around.
Enjoy that 25-30 years it takes to maybe get there. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies