Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Start Focusing on Non-Compliance in these Police Involved Incidents?
Yes 143 89.38%
No 17 10.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Does resisting a lawful arrest justify the death penalty administered on the spot?
Depends who is still alive to write history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 09:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
There was a warrant for his arrest for a sexual assault. It was a legitimate arrest.
That is good to know.
It is worse than I thought then. They had a warrant and allowed that man to move a step. He made it all the way to the driver's door and was allowed to open it.... He had a warrant.

Nothing about that scene reeks "I have a warrant"

Old 08-25-2020, 09:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
Try the court. It clearly says no warrant. I would suspect the matter was being resolved without any court action.
Ok whatever you say, anonymous internet crack-research guy with all of 37 posts on CD

I'm sure you know better than 100+ news media outlets

Old 08-25-2020, 09:43 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No they can't afford to have a suspect think they are in control and dictate what happens or someone can get shot. Even in Canada with polite cops they have to establish Command Presence, it's a universal part of policing
You are preaching to the choir on this. That is pretty much what I have said. The police can not afford to surrender the position of authority. To do so would make their jobs impossible. Go back and re-read what I have said. I in no way have faulted the police in that regard.

Now that said, some cops take to far and develop a god complex. Even their fellow cops don't like them. They are the arrogant, antagonizing idiots that prefer to escalate a situation. The ones that live for the shoot. They aren't the majority, but they certainly do exist.

Hell My son encountered 2 A-holes that used window tint as an excuse to pull him over. Nice trick given that the side windows were down and no tint on the windshield.. Back window we are allowed limo tint. I had the tint done and made sure it was legal.

Then he had to endure jokes about Ni&&ers driving monster trucks. His girl friend was asked repeatedly if her parents knew who she was out with. So excuse me if I don't think all cops are unsung heroes.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You are preaching to the choir on this. That is pretty much what I have said. The police can not afford to surrender the position of authority. To do so would make their jobs impossible. Go back and re-read what I have said. I in no way have faulted the police in that regard.

Now that said, some cops take to far and develop a god complex. Even their fellow cops don't like them. They are the arrogant, antagonizing idiots that prefer to escalate a situation. The ones that live for the shoot. They aren't the majority, but they certainly do exist.

Hell My son encountered 2 A-holes that used window tint as an excuse to pull him over. Nice trick given that the side windows were down and no tint on the windshield.. Back window we are allowed limo tint. I had the tint done and made sure it was legal.

Then he had to endure jokes about Ni&&ers driving monster trucks. His girl friend was asked repeatedly if her parents knew who she was out with. So excuse me if I don't think all cops are unsung heroes.
I mixed you up with another poster, we agree on this

Last edited by BlakeJones; 08-25-2020 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-25-2020, 09:45 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That is absolutely a false equivalency and you know. If a white did what the individual in question did, they would have seen the same fate, and you know it.
After Biden is elected and makes wearing masks mandatory because he considers it a life-or-death issue anyone -- white or black -- who walks away after being ordered by a police officer to put on a mask will be in non-compliance and subject to summary execution.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I mixed you up with another poster, we agree on this
Fair enough.

I get accused from both sides of things I didn't say.

I will argue all day with those who compare this to the Floyd death.

Thats like comparing the lady who climbed into the polar bear cage with the guy who died due malpractice.

The lady like this perp did the impossibly stupid. Those cops had no way of knowing what was going through the perp's mind. Was he on drugs, was he going for a gun? He had a history of violence. That perp was no stranger to police procedure. He knew that he was really tempting fate. Just like the woman reaching into a polar bear cage. Of course you will have people blame the zoo and not the nut case reaching in taunting a ferocious bear. In this case they are defending a man who absolutely escalated the situation and pushed it over the top. This isn't the Floyd situation, not at all comparable.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:14 AM

well, somebody finally said it

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-graham-401781

Old 08-26-2020, 01:42 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Non compliance is not justification for someone being killed. Period. If someone represents a reasonable threat - that is when police should have justification to use lethal force. Period.

Committing a crime is not justification to execute someone. We have judges and lawyers that resolve these sorts of things.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Non compliance is not justification for someone being killed. Period. If someone represents a reasonable threat - that is when police should have justification to use lethal force. Period.

Committing a crime is not justification to execute someone. We have judges and lawyers that resolve these sorts of things.
Doesn't matter one iota, the cop could have executed him he could have been legitimately defending himself, it does not matter.

What matters is if he complies, this never happens, this never has the chance to happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies