Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Start Focusing on Non-Compliance in these Police Involved Incidents?
Yes 143 89.38%
No 17 10.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 06:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
I guarantee you no white age 15-30 ever stood up to cops, cursed them out, and walked away from them while said cops were arresting them on an outstanding warrant. Guaranteed.
You would lose. There is plenty of white trash who would do things like this. Trash is trash. Trash is color blind. Trust me I live in Asia and there is Asian trash too. The difference is that over here the cops just beat you to within an inch of your life then throw you in jail with other trash, who may or may not finish the job.

Trash will be trash and it isn't about race. Do you think that there are no white ghetto rats? No white thugs? No white idiots? They get arrested everyday. The real difference is that whites don't defend white thugs who get killed or punched out by the cops. WE as a group, don't like white thugs and we dont care what happens to them. We tend to feel that they got what they had coming.

The BLM racists only care because they hate the USA and white people in general. Nothing would make the BLM racist happier than if a plaque whipped out the entire white race. Some on this forum will even admit that they would be ok if that happened. Yes the BLM has some token whites who are self haters. They have that overly developed sense of societal white guilt. They are like those Extremist Christians who flog themselves for their perceived sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 07:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll tell you my point of view,
I lived for many years in Mid-Missouri where most people where white

I lost count of how many times, I saw white kids, between 15-30 years old
standing up to cops, cursing them out, walking away from them, etc, etc, etc.
But now people tell me that when young black man get shot while doing the same thing
that "it is their fault for not complying"

Do you see why I would never agree with that?
Cool story and no I don't believe you. There is one thing all cops I have ever met have in common. I have been all over the world. 19 countries. The one thing all cops have in common is that they are control freaks. They have to be in control and don't appreciate anyone questioning who is in charge.

I watched a German cop punch a goth chic in the face when she was screaming in his face. No one blinked, no one complained. It was a cop thing.

I watched 2 Italian cops lay a beating on a punk who threw soda on them.

I have seen Thai cops yank a motorbike rider off his motorbike and slam him to the pavement because he didn't stop when told to.

You either imagine what you are spewing or you are simply lying.

I have seen our cops beat sailors in Va Beach for simply walking down the street laughing to loud. White sailors. I grew up in an all white town and our local cops absolutely laid beatings on teen agers acting like the fool. The difference was our parents always took the cop's side. So spare us the BS stories. Cops are cops the world around. They like the power they have and will use it when they feel the need.

InJune of 84, I saw a few British cops drag a punk down an alley and put the boots to him.

I have never called a poster a liar on here before, but you come very close.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:09 PM

495 posts, read 193,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You would lose. There is plenty of white trash who would do things like this. Trash is trash. Trash is color blind. Trust me I live in Asia and there is Asian trash too. The difference is that over here the cops just beat you to within an inch of your life then throw you in jail with other trash, who may or may not finish the job.

Trash will be trash and it isn't about race. Do you think that there are no white ghetto rats? No white thugs? No white idiots? They get arrested everyday. The real difference is that whites don't defend white thugs who get killed or punched out by the cops. WE as a group, don't like white thugs and we dont care what happens to them. We tend to feel that they got what they had coming.

The BLM racists only care because they hate the USA and white people in general. Nothing would make the BLM racist happier than if a plaque whipped out the entire white race. Some on this forum will even admit that they would be ok if that happened. Yes the BLM has some token whites who are self haters. They have that overly developed sense of societal white guilt. They are like those Extremist Christians who flog themselves for their perceived sins.
I’m not saying white trash wouldn't do it, just like any other trash. I thought Dopo’s implication was that the cops would let the white people get away with it, which would not happen.

Maybe I misinterpreted the post.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,194 times
Every single one of these incidents has been the fault of black males not following direction of the police (who were called in the first place because said black males were breaking the law).

They could have ALL been avoided. All of them. Even and especially George Floyd. This new guy is nothing special.

Screw these guys, you tend to get what you deserve out of life......

Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Cool story and no I don't believe you. There is one thing all cops I have ever met have in common. I have been all over the world. 19 countries. The one thing all cops have in common is that they are control freaks. They have to be in control and don't appreciate anyone questioning who is in charge.
Do you not realize it's part of academy training? It's called Command Presence, a police office has to establish that he/she is in charge to be effective

Old 08-25-2020, 07:22 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
I guarantee you no white age 15-30 ever stood up to cops, cursed them out, and walked away from them while said cops were arresting them on an outstanding warrant. Guaranteed.
You got it.....

Dopo is full of it.....

Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
You have information that shows all of these arrests were legal? I would strongly argue that there appears no reasonable cause for arrest in Kenosha.
We never got to find out, did we? I have no idea if the attempted arrest in Kenosha was lawful or not. What I do know is that resisting the orders of the police, especially when they have guns drawn on you, is not a recipe for a long and happy life. When you're on their court, you play by their rules. We have recourse, and it's called the judicial system. The courtroom is where you do your arguing about the legality of the arrest; not on the street with guns pointed at you.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM

2,002 posts, read 762,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I know my rights and I will exercise my rights. That's not provoking cops just bc they'd would rather I didn't do it. It's my right to exercise.

I'm not answering your question bc it's a pointless question. How I choose to exercise or NOT exercise my rights has no bearing on anyone else's decision to exercise theirs. He chose to exercise his right how he saw fit bc that's his right to do it.

His actions look "unreasonable" when your position is people should exercise your rights when it's convenient, not when they're allowed to, which is not what the Founding Fathers intended when they outlined them.

And yes, I would still be bothered of they tazed, tackled, or detained him. Those are all still violations of his rights.
You’re making a lot of assumptions.

Since you seem to be, or at least think your in the know, what was the original contact for that made it an unconstitutional detainment?

Old 08-25-2020, 07:33 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
I don't understand what is a point of resisting arrest? Or ignoring police orders? An adult man should foresee the consequences of that foolish act.
Its a mental illness thing.

Only the mentally ill think they can out-resist an arrest.

Plenty of black (or white) men get arrested without resisting arrest. They get processed, spend the night in jail, make bail through a bail bondsmen, and they’re on their way in 24 hours.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:38 PM

495 posts, read 193,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
You have information that shows all of these arrests were legal? I would strongly argue that there appears no reasonable cause for arrest in Kenosha. And I would have some concerns about the $20 counterfeit.

The right should be all over these. One is only required to obey legal orders.
This is wrong. You are obligated to obey all orders. If the orders are illegal, then the remedy is to sue the cops and city in court for damages for violating your civil rights.

This kind of wrong-headedness is what’s getting people killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies