Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Start Focusing on Non-Compliance in these Police Involved Incidents?
Yes 143 89.38%
No 17 10.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 12:21 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Does resisting a lawful arrest justify the death penalty administered on the spot?
Doesn't matter one iota if the shooting was justified or not because it could not have happened with proper responsibility and compliance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 12:25 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Once again we have a police involved shooting in Kenosha, WI where the suspect was ignoring police instructions and being combative. Regardless of the final outcome, if it was justified or not, it would have been 100% avoided if the suspect had followed police instructions.

Why is it that people are not taking any responsibility for what they can do to do their part in making sure these things don't happen. Why aren't people taking responsibility and teaching their kids to respect authority and follow police instructions?

We can't just ignore this problem anymore, if you fight the police there is a huge chance of it ending badly for you, justified or not. But that can be completely avoided if you do the right thing
Absolutely agree. There was a video that went viral a couple months ago lamenting that a young black man is taught not to wear a hoodie and other things. Almost all of them were things that would be good to teach every white kid. When a cop tells you to do something, then do it. Don't cop an attitude, don't act like you're above him. Just do it.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:42 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is not unlawful to resist an unlawful arrest.
We are governed by consent in the USA, not by force.
There was a warrant for his arrest for a sexual assault. It was a legitimate arrest.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:30 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Once again we have a police involved shooting in Kenosha, WI where the suspect was ignoring police instructions and being combative. Regardless of the final outcome, if it was justified or not, it would have been 100% avoided if the suspect had followed police instructions.
I'll tell you my point of view,
I lived for many years in Mid-Missouri where most people where white

I lost count of how many times, I saw white kids, between 15-30 years old
standing up to cops, cursing them out, walking away from them, etc, etc, etc.
But now people tell me that when young black man get shot while doing the same thing
that "it is their fault for not complying"

Do you see why I would never agree with that?

Old 08-25-2020, 03:07 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

But now people tell me that when young black man get shot while doing the same thing

This reminds me of what I saw in college. I saw a White guy run from the police. The officer was running after him. The officer didn't even slam him on the ground. He pinned the guy against a car and cuffed him right there. And the officer was no bigger than about 160 lbs. Officer didn't even touch his gun. When I hear "what about compliance", part of me thinks it's meant to apply to Blacks.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:09 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This reminds me of what I saw in college. I saw a White guy run from the police. The officer was running after him. The officer didn't even slam him on the ground. He pinned the guy against a car and cuffed him right there. And the officer was no bigger than about 160 lbs. Officer didn't even touch his gun. When I hear "what about compliance", part of me thinks it's meant to apply to Blacks.
Exactly

Old 08-25-2020, 03:18 PM

556 posts, read 623,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Did the white guy fight with the police and resist being cuffed? That’s what compliance is. Once you are appended you quit resisting. That 160 lb officer might have shot the white guy if he was being overpowered.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Why is it always about skin color with you? Those people with white skin were just as much in the wrong as the guy with black skin in Kenosha and in Atlanta. Everyone is required to comply with police instructions during a criminal investigation

Take responsibility, be a man.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:31 PM

376 posts, read 103,107 times
Non-compliance is the root cause of these situations in 99.9% of the cases. Some people only want to deal with what happens AFTER the non-compliance, instead of dealing with how complying would have avoided it all.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:35 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Should we start focusing on Non compliance in these domestic abuse cases?

If women would just shut up and do what they're told, their husbands wouldn't have to hit them.

Congratulations on the dumbest post of the entire thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies