Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Start Focusing on Non-Compliance in these Police Involved Incidents?
Yes 143 89.38%
No 17 10.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 01:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
My dad and school talked to me about complying with and respecting police officers.

Do these conversations not happen in certain neighborhoods?
You had a Dad.

They do not have Dads in certain neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Things will get interesting when police start summarily executing white people for walking away when they're ordered to put a mask on.
hahahaha As if cops are going to do that. Make something else up to fit your false race card playing agenda.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:28 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Problem is, addressing the issue of non compliance/resisting arrest does not fit the acceptable narrative of oppressor vs oppressed. Their has to be a victim. Victims are the bread and butter of the left, unless the victim was a person dragged out of their car and beating nearly to death by peaceful protesters. If one addresses the issue directly, especially if a politician attempts to do, the left and a complicit media plays the racists card.
Exactly.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's different. They aren't... Black.
That's absurd. That isn't the... Truth.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
My dad and school talked to me about complying with and respecting police officers.

Do these conversations not happen in certain neighborhoods?
Heck, my parents had that talk with us numerous times with me and my 3 older brothers...all white.
If driving and cop car turns lights on, pull over to right immediately, turn on overhead light if at night, roll down window and keep hands on wheel. Answer yes/no officer, when they ask for license and insurance, tell them where it is before reaching. If armed, tell the officer when they walk up, that you have a gun in the glovebox, and follow directions with hands on wheel until told otherwise.
Respect authority was ingrained in us as children. If a neighbor caught us doing something wrong growing up, we would stop and address them as Sir/Maam. Nowadays, kids are just as likely to yell F You , to a neighbor that tells them to keep the noise down, stay off property, etc. It starts at home.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Police: "WAKE UP!"

Breonna Taylor: ... zzz ...

Police: Light 'er up, boys!
You do realize that breanna's boyfriend fired at the cops first (hitting one), before they returned fire, and she was shot accidentally, right?
Or are you just regurgitating the false BLM/Dem narrative?

Old 08-25-2020, 01:55 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Heck, my parents had that talk with us numerous times with me and my 3 older brothers...all white.
If driving and cop car turns lights on, pull over to right immediately, turn on overhead light if at night, roll down window and keep hands on wheel. Answer yes/no officer, when they ask for license and insurance, tell them where it is before reaching. If armed, tell the officer when they walk up, that you have a gun in the glovebox, and follow directions with hands on wheel until told otherwise.
Respect authority was ingrained in us as children. If a neighbor caught us doing something wrong growing up, we would stop and address them as Sir/Maam. Nowadays, kids are just as likely to yell F You , to a neighbor that tells them to keep the noise down, stay off property, etc. It starts at home.
Exactly.
If you've done nothing wrong and comply with police instructions or requests then you have nothing to fear from a police stop no matter what the colour of your skin.
Decide to get smart or uppity and you should be prepared to face the consequences.
It really is that simple.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:32 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
I know my rights and I will exercise my rights. That's not provoking cops just bc they'd would rather I didn't do it. It's my right to exercise.

I'm not answering your question bc it's a pointless question. How I choose to exercise or NOT exercise my rights has no bearing on anyone else's decision to exercise theirs. He chose to exercise his right how he saw fit bc that's his right to do it.

His actions look "unreasonable" when your position is people should exercise your rights when it's convenient, not when they're allowed to, which is not what the Founding Fathers intended when they outlined them.

And yes, I would still be bothered of they tazed, tackled, or detained him. Those are all still violations of his rights.

So, your position is that the police shouldn't be allowed to arrest anyone who doesn't want to be arrested?

You know you're completely delusional, right?

Old 08-25-2020, 05:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
I know my rights and I will exercise my rights. That's not provoking cops just bc they'd would rather I didn't do it. It's my right to exercise.

I'm not answering your question bc it's a pointless question. How I choose to exercise or NOT exercise my rights has no bearing on anyone else's decision to exercise theirs. He chose to exercise his right how he saw fit bc that's his right to do it.

His actions look "unreasonable" when your position is people should exercise your rights when it's convenient, not when they're allowed to, which is not what the Founding Fathers intended when they outlined them.

And yes, I would still be bothered of they tazed, tackled, or detained him. Those are all still violations of his rights.
So if the police were called because a man was waving a knife around in a store parking lot threatening people, and they tased him, your concern lies with the fact that the criminal had his rights violated rather than relief that the cops were able to save innocent people from injury, or worse?

This is the problem among the crazy leftists: more concern for thugs than their innocent victims.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:03 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So if the police were called because a man was waving a knife around in a store parking lot threatening people, and they tased him, your concern lies with the fact that the criminal had his rights violated rather than relief that the cops were able to save innocent people from injury, or worse?

This is the problem among the crazy leftists: more concern for thugs than their innocent victims.
I'm concerned about the rights of the people in the store parking lot being threatened by the knife.

There are some who have the idea that people shouldn't be arrested. Any attempt at arrest is unjust. Any attempt at 'policing' is racist at its core, therefore resisting is some kind of civil rights statement. These are the marxist anti-police crowd who want to bring down systems, and are using race as a tool. They don't care that their revolution gets people killed.

People making non-compliance with police about race are incorrect. Anyone who cares about lives should be counseling people to not resist arrest. Even in civil disobedience, people go limp and get dragged away peacefully, not reaching for things that could be weapons, or attacking police.

If any civil rights are violated, live another day to... have your day in court. Sue to the high heavens. Stay alive to fight that fight. That goes for any race, creed, or gender. This creates precedent, imposes monetary damages, and creates actual change if a real harm occurred ...not riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies