Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 12:07 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times

Advertisements

The truth is with nearly 5,000,000 people ID'ed as being infected and God-only-knows how many millions more are either unidentified infected or asymptomatic carriers infecting thousands, it's an impossible task for the CDC and other agencies tasked with monitoring this disease's spread to keep track of it. Contact-tracing such a gargantuan number of people is a fool's errand and the CDC knows this, but they will never publicly admit this since it would be to admit they are totally helpless to do anything to stop the spread. As we test less and less from now on the only indicators of the disease's spread willl be the number of hospitalizations and most critically, the number of deaths.

Prediction: expect the number of officially infected to go down and the number of deaths to skyrocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 12:11 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
I don't even know why we're still testing people, unless they're in a ER with breathing problems. It's a virus, your immune system will fight it off (or it won't, then sucks for you).

If you're really sick, we can try some experimental things that reduce the death rate between 10-20%, that's about it.

Now, the virus is everywhere. Trying to contact trace like we can stamp it out once and for all is impossible. It won't go away. So let it do its thing. And let our immune systems do our thing. And for the sick, give them the treatments.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:39 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Furthermore I'm very concerned for all Americans when our dept of health vascillates on issues, especially without explanation. Can any of us trust when we are left in the dark? These explanations also are far too often simplified as if the authorities are speaking to 3 year olds. Really, Birx, Fauci, we're all capable of understanding in depth explanations. It's an insult to the intelligence of us all.
Really? Were you "concerned" when they said to wear masks? After previously saying NOT to wear masks?

Were you concerned when they changed the classification of deaths from people who were tested to covid to people who were "presumed"...

I
Don't
think
so...

R E S I S T

Old 08-26-2020, 12:44 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Wait....what?!?!?!? I could have sworn we have been told over, and over, and over again that testing was the key to controlling the virus.

Has anyone explained the rationale behind the change? My guess is they want to keep the positivity rates up high, this keeping things shut down.
Probably don't want to waste resources.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:47 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
UGH... Now what and Why? The CDC, the WHO and the so called experts like Dr Fauci have been wrong as much as they have been right about this virus but of course something that has stayed constant since day one of this invisible threat is that it has ALL been Trumps fault...

Old 08-26-2020, 12:50 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
make sense.....testing tells you nothing anyway

testing is skewed to people who are sick.....if it were truly random testing...you might know something

Old 08-26-2020, 01:19 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Wait....what?!?!?!? I could have sworn we have been told over, and over, and over again that testing was the key to controlling the virus.

Has anyone explained the rationale behind the change? My guess is they want to keep the positivity rates up high, this keeping things shut down.
Looks that way....nothing will keep the pos rate up higher than just testing people with symptoms

Old 08-26-2020, 01:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
How come some people claim we have to listen to the experts, as long as they say shut things down, but then have a change of heart when the experts make a decision they don't like? Sounds very political on the part of the left.
Let me just say, I would say the same criticism if Hillary or Biden said the same comment. It isn't partisan just because I compassion about your guy.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:15 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
Prediction: expect the number of officially infected to go down and the number of deaths to skyrocket.

why would the number of deaths skyrocket?

Old 08-26-2020, 02:19 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
The numbers will drop now, everything will open up and people with health conditions will have to protect themselves from COVID. Probably what we should have been doing all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies