Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 08:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I would like to add a thought in this Thread regarding the Malicious Prosecution by Kenosha's DA (I have one concerning KR's Grounds for Self-Defense - I invite you to read it and comment):

I believe that the State quickly filed (over)charges against Kyle to head-off more riots, looting, and burning, and that they'll probably drag this on until after the Election because if charges are dropped before, as they should be, all hell will break loose! And that is clearly a Political motive, malicious as this Thread infers.

I also believe that Kyle's Defense Team will succeed in getting him acquitted... hell they could almost use the State's Probable Cause Statement as their entire Defense!

But my question is:

Will there be riots if the young man is acquitted, or not?

And would it matter if the rioters who were killed had been black? Because if everyone remembers the OJ Simpson Trial, another high-profile case, a black man was acquitted of killing two white people, and the opinion lines regarding his guilt were drawn down the middle. Despite almost the entire black community celebrating and cheering the verdict - only a sigh of disbelieve was heard from most whites - but there were no riots.
The violence will increase and get worse, despite what happens in this case...

IF he is acquitted, or charges dropped, the rioters will become much more destructive,

If he is convicted of a felony and sent to prison, not only will the rioters feel emboldened to cause more problems, those against the riots, will now be fighting with police too.

There is no positive outcome for this for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 08:56 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I can't think of a worse possible candidate for a police office than Kyle Rittenhouse given his poor judgment in going into Kenosha in the first place and bringing that weapon with him. That said, he did manage to take down two violent felons who attacked him and mess up a third so he did do a public service. He's still going to have some charges but probably not serious ones. Now have that Gaige Grosskreutz loser hauled in and booked on felony weapons charges and assault.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:43 PM

3,341 posts, read 2,143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What could any person do behind his back that justified deadly force? What could you do?

If, hypothetically, I had beaten my wife to a pulp and then fought with and managed to get away from an officer who came inside my home to arrest me, and in doing so I went to retrieve a gun that was on my dining room table, I should expect to be shot in the back. It would be ludicrous for a LEO in that scenario to wait until I turned around with the opportunity to fire a weapon at him and who knows else. Like I said, there are scenarios where being shot in the back could in theory be justified.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So what was the victim going to do? Fart on them?

What could any person do behind his back that justified deadly force? What could you do?
He's not a victim. He broke into a woman's home and sexually assaulted her, then removed her car keys and took her car. Absolutely NO concern about that?

At this point, the criminal in question was reaching for something either on the floor or from under his car seat. It only takes seconds to turn and shoot someone.

There's no way the cops should have risked their lives by continuing to struggle once he reached for something.

Did they need to shoot him so many times? No.

Did they need to shoot him after he assaulted them, they gave verbal commands he ignored, used a taser on him, and pulled on his shirt which didn't stop him? YES.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:21 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The violence will increase and get worse, despite what happens in this case...

IF he is acquitted, or charges dropped, the rioters will become much more destructive,

If he is convicted of a felony and sent to prison, not only will the rioters feel emboldened to cause more problems, those against the riots, will now be fighting with police too.

There is no positive outcome for this for anyone.
The fight won't be against the police. It will be against a corrupt DA, mayor and city council, that prosecuted an innocent victim of multiple vicious attacks by a mob of savages. A DA, a mayor and city council that side with a bunch of savages attacking a child. Now, I have little doubt that the charges will be dropped-the DA doesn't want to look like a complete moron. But lets say that it does happen-I can see a return of the days of tarring and feathering corrupt politicians.

I know a number of LEOs. I am fairly confident which side they would come down should that level of corruption take over the leadership of my county.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:28 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
I can't see a judge or jury giving Trump right wing patriots carte blanhce to shoot up rioters all over America. They can travel across the country stand in front of a Target and blast black people for their country.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:48 PM

23,644 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I can't see a judge or jury giving Trump right wing patriots carte blanhce to shoot up rioters all over America. They can travel across the country stand in front of a Target and blast black people for their country.
That would be the Dems left wing marxists.

Old 09-01-2020, 04:23 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,072,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If you owned a Target (or other place of business), who would you rather see geting off a bus in front of your store, "right-wing patriots", or BLM?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
If you owned a Target (or other place of business), who would you rather see geting off a bus in front of your store, "right-wing patriots", or BLM?
The right wing protester. BLM isn't shown to be the rioters. Show me proof BLM have actually riotted and not someone lumped into them...

Old 09-01-2020, 07:44 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,072,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The right wing protester. BLM isn't shown to be the rioters. Show me proof BLM have actually riotted and not someone lumped into them...
So now you're saying that the rioting in Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, etc. was NOT instigated and populated by BLM supporters? I don't have to prove anything, I see the people marching, chanting "Black Lives Matter", spray-painting "BLM" on everything that doesn't move, and take their word for who they are representing. Are you requiring that someone post video of one of the "founders" of BLM looting? Shoot, they're WAY above that, they've already extorted millions of dollars from corporate America.

It kills me that for weeks people self-identifying as "BLM" are now DENYING BLM involvement, now that the polls are showing that it's significantly hurting Biden. What's next, you're going to claim that Trump supporters "false flagged" themselves as BLM and did all the rioting? Good Luck with That. Simply Google "BLM rioting" and you'll get so many hits you'll be watching video until Pence is running for his second term, LOL.

Last edited by Curly Q. Bobalink; 09-01-2020 at 08:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies