Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 10:44 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He had threatened another person before Rosenbaum, he didn't take off running until after he killed Rosenbaum. You aren't a victim if you shoot someone without a gun. Even some of the militia were stunned by his actions asking him what he was doing. Plenty of confrontations that night but only one choose to shoot someone but all the others used judgement.
Seems you may want to watch the video again, particularly the part where Rosenbaum is chasing Rittenhouse through a parking lot and throws something at him. Rittenhouse was running away and didn’t fire until he was cornered.

I’m not sure why you are trying so hard to portray this kid as the aggressor. None of the video shows him as such. All three shootings happen as he is trying to get away from the mob.

Old 08-31-2020, 10:52 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
He brought an AR 15 to a protest. This cause a reaction, Rosenbaum went after him because he had this gun. Again as I have explained plenty of times once he shot Rosenbaum he was identified as a guy who just shot someone, that cause others to go after his gun. If he wasn't there with this gun all these people are alive today and he is not facing charges.

Pretty simple stuff.
Pretty simple stuff. Except is isn't true.
Your dishonesty marks you as just another Lying Leftist.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:24 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
If you watched the entire video he did something on the street corner then took off running with Rosenbaum after him, an eye witness indicated that he threatened him with the gun. The victim did no have a gun. Plenty of confrontations that night but not one other shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jpgU66GQnw
I have a BA in CJ, 11 years LEO, and I teach CCW to civilians.

If someone threatened you with a weapon and then you CHASE after him, then whatever self defense you claim are null and void. You are now the aggressor and attacker. The imminent threat is no longer there when you are chasing someone.

I told my CCW students if you are going to shoot someone in confrontation, then you have to do everything (if feasible) you can to show that you are not the aggressor that includes put yours hands up at the shoulder level (but not too far from your concealed weapon), slowly walk backward to show that you are retreating, and yell “I DO NOT WANT ANY TROUBLE”. This way when you have to go to court you have your ass covered.

DO NOT CHASE AFTER ANYBODY

Old 08-31-2020, 11:41 AM

23,635 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Please see Post #318 of this Thread:

Initial contact between Kyle Rittenhouse and the mob, and the reason that Kyle was chased by Joseph Rosenbaum

Do you arrive at the same conclusion?
It is a very good possibility, probably the best we know at this time anyway.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
He brought an AR 15 to a protest. This cause a reaction, Rosenbaum went after him because he had this gun. Again as I have explained plenty of times once he shot Rosenbaum he was identified as a guy who just shot someone, that cause others to go after his gun. If he wasn't there with this gun all these people are alive today and he is not facing charges.

Pretty simple stuff.
Nonsense. Many people were armed, Kyle wasn't the only one. IF Kyle were the only one then 'maybe'. But no, that is just your excuse.

Seems like Roenbaum was the one acting like a child. Taking his shirt off to wrap around his head and face, most likely so he could not be identified in videos. Then chasing after Kyle and attacking him, 'maybe' because he was angry that Kyle had helped put out that dumpster fire.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
If you watched the entire video he did something on the street corner then took off running with Rosenbaum after him, an eye witness indicated that he threatened him with the gun. The victim did no have a gun. Plenty of confrontations that night but not one other shooting.

That's not the confrontation that resulted in KR running and Nwordman chasing him. Your video is an earlier confrontation when Rosenbaum said Shoot me *****. This thread must have 20+ links to the video of KR running away before shooting his pursuer JR.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:53 AM

35,708 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I have a BA in CJ, 11 years LEO, and I teach CCW to civilians.

If someone threatened you with a weapon and then you CHASE after him, then whatever self defense you claim are null and void. You are now the aggressor and attacker. The imminent threat is no longer there when you are chasing someone.

I told my CCW students if you are going to shoot someone in confrontation, then you have to do everything (if feasible) you can to show that you are not the aggressor that includes put yours hands up at the shoulder level (but not too far from your concealed weapon), slowly walk backward to show that you are retreating, and yell “I DO NOT WANT ANY TROUBLE”. This way when you have to go to court you have your ass covered.

DO NOT CHASE AFTER ANYBODY
What would you have told KYLE? if could have seen him on the way to that town? "Don't go looking for trouble in a mob" ? I am not anti-gun, my 15 and 12 yr old grands went to the range to learn gun safety on Sat. But as gun owner, I'd tell them NEVER bring a weapon the the party unless prepared to use it. Things just happen, and you are holding a deadly weapon.

If a protester saw a guy shooting, they may want to take him down to avoid further injuries,,, the police might have shot him -- its a MOB.

The courts will decide his final actions with the three victims. We don't know what he told the police or his friends for that matter. I do feel for this kid. He has ruined his life and his plans. This is not going away anytime soon.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:04 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What would you have told KYLE? if could have seen him on the way to that town? "Don't go looking for trouble in a mob" ? I am not anti-gun, my 15 and 12 yr old grands went to the range to learn gun safety on Sat. But as gun owner, I'd tell them NEVER bring a weapon the the party unless prepared to use it. Things just happen, and you are holding a deadly weapon.

If a protester saw a guy shooting, they may want to take him down to avoid further injuries,,, the police might have shot him -- its a MOB.

The courts will decide his final actions with the three victims. We don't know what he told the police or his friends for that matter. I do feel for this kid. He has ruined his life and his plans. This is not going away anytime soon.
If I had a time machine, I would have told him not to bring a gun to the protest because he is a minor and it’s a class A misdemeanor.

But if he decides to bring a gun and use it to defend himself, then I would have told him to double-tap the Antifa “medic” after the first round shattered his arm,but as you can see in the video the medic still had possession of glock handgun in his wounded arm. Shoot until you stop the threat

Old 08-31-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:

"he did something on the street corner" .... most likely that is when he took the fire extinguisher to the dumpster so that the fire could be put out.

Note: in this video Rosenbaum is wearing his shirt as a shirt.
Soon after this video is when Rosenbaum began chasing Kyle, right?

When he was chasing Kyle his shirt was wrapped around his head to hide his face. From the cameras?

Rosenbaum was hiding his face and the most likely reason is because he was planning on doing something dire ... which would be towards Kyle. He didn't want to be easily identified.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:47 PM

16,281 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Before you say but Kyle is 17. Did Rosenbaum know Kyle was at 17 at that time? If so, so what? Rosenbaum is not a cop.
And neither is "Kyle" which is why a 17 year old should not be playing cop in the streets of a protest armed with an AR 15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies