Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 08:54 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,800,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
The reason cops go after soft targets like a mask a minor traffic error is because many cops are cowards and bullies.
I don't think they are cowards or bullies, any more than a certain portion of humanity has the potential to be cowards and bullies. How can a coward do a job where a mistake results in dying?

Recently in Yonkers NY, they subdued an active shooter without firing a shot in return. I wonder how many people would go hand-to-hand with a shooting suspect?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/09...s-ny-shooting/

The reason they are going after docile rule breakers is because the anti-police mobs will burn down a town if a violent suspect gets hurt. It's called mob rule. The recent incident in Yonkers NY could have resulted in riots if the cops shot the guy. Shooting the guy would have been justified, but would that have mattered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 09:12 AM

12,429 posts, read 2,981,367 times
Obviously we need cops, but we need cops who seek the job for the right reasons and hold each other accountable for wrongdoing when it does occur.

I lived in a town where cops had a well l deserved reputation for being a holes and let me tell you it is a special feeling many cop supporters have't had when being pulled over by a rude bully with a gun when you literally did nothing wrong. I'm a white female saying this and know other law abiding people who had the same experiences.

Police can break down your door when they misread an address or they can make almost any situation worse because many are not too bright a holes. It's not all that uncommon for cops to be abusive to their own families so what chance do you stand?

When I see houses with back the blue signs I know there lives some naive people who just haven't had to deal with a bad cop. Not yet anyway.

I know some won't be able to control themselves and will have to say they'e not all like that. Duh. That's not the point. Problem is too many are like that.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:15 AM

12,429 posts, read 2,981,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I don't think they are cowards or bullies, any more than a certain portion of humanity has the potential to be cowards and bullies.
. . .
Bless your heart. I hope you don't have to find out the hard way.

Last edited by PegE; 09-27-2020 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Typo Left out a word.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:06 PM

9,013 posts, read 4,706,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Not everyone has the resources to just pick up and leave on a whim. Don't get me wrong, I think every law abiding citizen should get the hell out of any of the mid sized to major urban areas run by democrats. Again, not everyone has the means to do so however.
They need to find the means.
The day will come...
Quote:
When you see the city compassed about by armies, flee to the mountains.
Don't return to your house, to get your coat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No. What I am saying is that people need to abide by the law. The OP, you and others are trying to make police look bad for enforcing the law.
No, that is not what the OP was saying.
The complaint was that the law was being enforced unevenly, coming down harder on minor offences, and looking the other way with felons. And their beef wasn't really with the cops, but with their "leadership."

Quote:
I don't think they are cowards or bullies, ...

The reason they are going after docile rule breakers is because the anti-police mobs will burn down a town if a violent suspect gets hurt. It's called mob rule. The recent incident in Yonkers NY could have resulted in riots if the cops shot the guy. Shooting the guy would have been justified, but would that have mattered?
It isn't the cops that are cowards or bullies, it is the politicians. These riots only happen in jurisdictions where the political establishment allows, or even assists, the rioters.

That is why I told the OP: move.

I would not want to be one of the "nine righteous people" remaining in a city.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:35 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
The reason cops go after soft targets like a mask a minor traffic error is because many cops are cowards and bullies.
Again...who are they taking orders from????

Old 09-27-2020, 12:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I’ve worked alongside them.

I’ve also witnessed them engaging in wrongful behavior. In one case, it involved me. I let the officer continue his unlawful line of questioning. Then I nicely hemmed him up, flashed my badge and told him my boss could call his boss if he wanted to go that route. Let’s just say he got himself together quickly and apologized profusely. Hopefully that was lesson enough. Most cops are hardworking and law abiding. However, some of the PDs need to be purged of problematic officers. Some of them think they are above the law. That’s a problem.
Many look the other way. What I laugh about is when Republicans and conservatives defend police unions for keeping the problematic officers on the force. If it were any other job, we all know the conservatives who defend police unions would want to union bust. I dont get the double standard.

As for the OP premise, I see a lot of conditional issues with police. What many people don't talk about is in some areas police aren't even enforcing mask wearing or buiness closures.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Many look the other way. What I laugh about is when Republicans and conservatives defend police unions for keeping the problematic officers on the force. If it were any other job, we all know the conservatives who defend police unions would want to union bust. I dont get the double standard.
Malarky.
I don't know too many republicans (they are too moderate for me),
but the ones I do know don't like unions. Police unions included.

Quote:
As for the OP premise, I see a lot of conditional issues with police. What many people don't talk about is in some areas police aren't even enforcing mask wearing or buiness closures.
Here we go with this phony equivalence thing.
Turn off the MSM, and quit listening to the scaremongers.
Covid is dangerous to some of us (personally, I am high risk) but so are booze, drug abuse, cancer and depression. All of those are on the rise, because of pretentious idiots scaremongering.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:06 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,999,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Now, I am not anti-cop. I have/had my gripes with cops and I do think there needs to be some reform. The vast majority of the time my experiences with cops have been good and cordial. Only 2 times did I have truly terrible experience with cops whom were just looking to abuse their power. Overall, I do think police are needed and I give police men and women a ton of credit, I know its not an easy job.

My thing is this: I find many conservatives super "BACK THE BLUE!" but what happens if they have their marching orders and they don't care about you? For instance, there's been a few cases of people not wearing their mask, getting arrested. There was a recent case in Hollywood where this one driver who tried escaping the BLM mob and instead of the mob getting in any trouble, the cops arrested the driver who was trying to flee the mob. You have police officers who will enforce closing down small businesses who defy orders from the state and/or city. Yet, they'll stand by and lot the ANTIFA BLM mob run amok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=OhASWfJupqA

How about these Christians who were arrested and not obeying social distancing rules and not wearing mask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35qvDQuuAIc

Or this lady in Ohio who didn't wear a mask at a football game:

I know this isn't always the case, I am sure there's plenty of cops who will do what is right, what they deem is moral and not what the law tells them is right. In fact, there was a cop who was arrested for posting a video on Youtube about how he's not going to enforce shutting down small business.

The point is, will you conservatives whom are super "BACK THE BLUE!", how would you feel if cops start coming after you for difference of thought? For not wanting to shut down your business? Not wearing mask? Not social distancing? How can you support these cops whom are "just doing their job"?

Its not to say to start rallying against cops but again, the point remains. How can you support the blue who doesn't support you? But only will support the state, obey the $$$. Not all but you get the point.

I'm aware cops are being thrown under the bus and I'm aware of the agenda of it all. I get it. Don't mistake me but I think its important for conservatives to understand that the excuse of "just doing my job" shouldn't be accepted.
The guy in the first video would have lost his head if he'd run up to my Prius like that.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The guy in the first video would have lost his head if he'd run up to my Prius like that.
Well, trouble is, it is de facto illegal, in some jurisdictions to interfere with a felon, in obstruct felonious conduct.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:59 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,644,273 times
Quote:
I don't think they are cowards or bullies, any more than a certain portion of humanity has the potential to be cowards and bullies. How can a coward do a job where a mistake results in dying?

Recently in Yonkers NY, they subdued an active shooter without firing a shot in return. I wonder how many people would go hand-to-hand with a shooting suspect?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/09...s-ny-shooting/

I know exactly the spot it happened in and I was there a few minutes prior.

And you're right, the mob would have lost their doggarn minds had the cops shot him back. Granted, kudos to them for not shooting the guy but its also a damn shame that they didn't shoot him.

The funny thing is, if the shooter ended up shooting and killing someone in the crossfires, then people would complain as to why the cop didn't shoot him.

[quote=TRex2;59262609]They need to find the means.
The day will come...

No, that is not what the OP was saying.
The complaint was that the law was being enforced unevenly, coming down harder on minor offences, and looking the other way with felons. And their beef wasn't really with the cops, but with their "leadership."

It isn't the cops that are cowards or bullies, it is the politicians. These riots only happen in jurisdictions where the political establishment allows, or even assists, the rioters.

That is why I told the OP: move.

This is exactly what I am saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies