Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 01:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Why are people dumb enough to focus on Trump's income tax? Don't people care about world policy? Economy? Jobs? Education? Our freedoms?

Seriously, stop focusing on stupid stuff and look at REAL ISSUES. I don't care how much taxes he paid. If it was illegal, he would be in jail as I type this! He isn't above the law believe it or not and he has the media wanting to fry him every single second of ever single day! It makes me sick and I can't stand Trump!
Trump treats the media like garbage (except for his sycophants, FOX News). Why wouldn’t the media go after him? Trump is such a nasty person, someday the devil will greet him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 01:48 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I posted the "facts" (as it were) from the NYT article:
The facts are this.

This is not a model citizen. This is not someone we should want in leadership.

We're not sending our best to the WH if we elect DJT as POTUS.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:50 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
I just don't understand the fascination and anger over someone paying as little in taxes as possible. He simply took all the deductions Obama provided to lower his taxes to the lowest amount possible. Each and every one of us does the same. I never met a person who decided not to take a deduction so they could pay more in taxes.
Please explain all the anger over the poor paying less taxes than the middle class then.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:50 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And if you believe that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale....
"Watergate Prosecutor" tends to carry a lot of weight in legal circles. This is a man who knows exactly what the law is, and explains it well.

To summarize his statements - Donnie Divot and Ivanka the Feckless are in deep poop.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The reason he paid no tax for a decade is because his businesses were failing.

Suddenly we know why he decided to run for prez. It was a business decision. He thought it would somehow revitalize his brand. It is widely believed that he did not expect to win. It was a stunt.
Exactly!!

Old 09-29-2020, 01:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
you're the one that used that wiki to "gotcha" the other poster about Trump Steak, and how active his role was, whether it was just a licensed product, etc.
Yes, and it was a valid point. The other guy used Trump Steaks as example of a business that Trump had nothing to do with except for his name. Given that he was involved in all aspects of the business from registering the trademark to promotional schemes, he couldn't have picked a worse example.

On the other hand, your "gotcha" was facile and had nothing to do with anything.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It is simple. The New York Times lies. Many Democrats are stupid enough to believe it even after they have done it many times before.
The republicans quoted NYT as gospel frequently on this board when they ran articles that weren't flattering to Obama.

The NYT hasn't changed a thing about the stories they publish, so something else must have changed. Their reporting, whether you like what they have to say or not, or whether it validates your prejudices or not, is 99.9999% factual. The "Fake news" tag is getting old, worn out, and boring. Y'all need to do better.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If the NYT did lie, it's weird that the Trump Cult is not doing anything about it except to say, "Not true!"

Literally all Trump has to do is release one page of his tax return showing a different number than the NYT and this whole thing would have blown up in NYT's face. He didn't even have to show the entire number, just maybe the last five digits. He'd have embarrassed the MSM and get tremendous momentum going into the debate.

But no. He is not doing it.

Wonder why.

For the same reason he won't spend exactly three seconds and spit in a vial to have his DNA tested and prove conclusively that he did not rape E. Jean Carroll, and get that problem off his plate once and for all.

Again - Wonder why.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:07 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
My takeaways are this:

-Should anyone be surprised by this given everything this man has done to hide his tax returns from the American people? Clearly the guy was desperate to hide the truth. He did the same thing that Nixon did in the early 70’s which in that case was an attempt to conceal tax fraud...which was coincidentally the last time that a president had refused to release their returns.

-As a regular Joe I’ve paid MUCH more in federal income taxes in recent years than our “self-made billionaire” president. Your welcome, my fellow Americans.

-It doesn’t shock me at all that investments in things like golf courses end up losing money. Based on everything I’ve read suggests that this is one of the worst real estate investments you can make:

According to the National Golf Foundation (NGF), the country is experiencing a contraction in its golf facilities. An NGF study found that there are 34,011 golf courses in the world, 45 percent of which are in the United States. The U.S. currently has a total of 15,372 courses, with 153 more in development. Still, the number of new golf courses coming on line is at an all-time low.

“One reason for this may have to do with the expense of running golf facilities. According to information company Sageworks, golf courses and country clubs are losing money. This may have to do with high membership and admission prices, as well as an over-supply of courses. But it also reflects the fact that running a golf course is expensive. According to the National Golf Foundation’s 2010 Operating & Financial Performance Profiles of 18-hole golf facilities in the U.S., private 18-hole golf clubs had average total revenue of $3,277,000 in 2009, but with total expenses of $3,204,500.”

https://smartasset.com/retirement/the-economics-of-golf

Old 09-29-2020, 03:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
I posted the "facts" (as it were) from the NYT article:
That is exactly what the leaked information is telling us. Just as the NYT explained.

I don't know what is the problem you are having with NYT. If any of what they wrote is incorrect, let's hear it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies