Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2020, 06:32 PM

127 posts, read 54,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did you watch it? It was awful.

For those of us expecting to see something presidential - for example, telling his voters to be patient, this would work out, you've fought the good fight, I'm confident we'll prevail but in case we lose, keep up fighting for what's right, bla bla bla.

Instead he came out and declared himself the victor. Good god. And went on to whine and complain about how much he's ahead in such and such a race, but it's all being stolen from him. THAT was the worst thing I've ever seen a president do.

Yes, I've watched it, and also the two Trump-Biden debates on television. I found Biden to be incredibly predictable. One could easily tell: every single phrase Biden said was learnt by heart, he was like a robot saying the same phrases that probably every other candidate would also have said because they all say what people expect them to say.
It was much more refreshing to hear Trump speak. I'm going to miss his remarks.

This is exactly the reason why I admire Trump - because he does not act in a standardized presidential way.

My biggest worry was when Trump started his presidency, that he would lose his charisma and become like everybody else in the long run, that he would surrender to expectations - I'm glad he didn't, I'm glad he kept his fresh, direct and emotional way of dealing with things. I would have been more shocked if he had just accepted the outcome.

I believe you that this has been among the most "outrageous" speeches in modern history. But I see it in a positive way, Trump has the courage to talk about voter fraud, whereas other presidents probaby would not dare to oppose voting structures.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:43 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Some dead voters got ballots. Wonder why?
People die all the time. No doubt some died after a ballot was sent to them. No doubt a few died after they filled out a ballot and mailed it back. That does not make any of it fraud.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:45 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvrilLavigne View Post
It was much more refreshing to hear Trump speak. I'm going to miss his remarks.
Refreshing?!! you had 4 years of it,..lol.

I liked what Biden said.

But yeah,..it's predictable. At this point Trump is predictable too. What are ya gonna do.

Politicians do that double talk.

Biden says the ones who voted for Trump are Not the enemy. I don't think Anyone believes that on the Left.
Joe might,..bless his old heart.

But the last 4 years have shown us that 'silence is violence',..so you can't even drink a cup of coffee in peace without having to swear allegiance.

People say we need to Unite. Sure,..as long as it's your ideology. And we'll riot and accost you trying to eat dinner if you don't.

Ain't nobody on the Dem side listen to Trump.,.and nobody on the Right will listen to Biden's empty words.

tbh,...I'd rather hear silence from these old crusty career politicians.

btw,..love your music.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:49 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canbutwont View Post
Any legal action and trying to prove voter fraud will go nowhere. It’s unfortunate. Conservative media and commentators have many bombshells that are most likely true never amount to anything. People always think the truth will come out, Hillary’s emails, spying on Trump campaign, Hunter Biden’s computer etc....nothing ever happens. Even if there is hard evidence of voter fraud it will not be reported or media will spin it.
It doesn't need to go further.

The republican legislatures in PA, MI, WI, GA, and NV are going to take over the process. Keep in mind that THEY appoint the electors and can choose to give them all to Trump if they wish.

You can bet that the republican legislators are getting bombarded by their constituents to act and reverse this coup.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:51 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You said that a moral person would, and maybe should, cheat in order to defeat an immoral person.

I said I wouldn’t and implied that no moral person would. I also expressed surprise that you didn’t know this.

So I’ll be blunt. In my eyes, you have just admitted that doing the wrong thing is necessary because doing right can’t stand on its own two feet.

How on earth do YOU interpret what you said?
sigh...

When I wrote... If not, then why not? If Dems believe Trump is as bad as they claim, how could they in good conscience not cheat, if that's what it takes to remove him?

... I was not advocating for Democrats to cheat. My question was obviously rhetorical but perhaps not to you.

My point was that, as demonization of opponents increases, the lengths to which people are willing to go to defeat said opponent also increase. And we've never seen the level of demonization that's happened with Trump. The old thought experiment -- if you had a time machine would you go back and kill Hitler as a child -- applies here. Many people who otherwise would never consider killing anyone might justify an exception in that case.

Honesty seems to be in decline these days, especially on the postmodernist left. Rampant hate hoaxes, university professors faking their ethnicity... and given that millions of Democrats, perhaps a majority of activists, have convinced themselves that Trump is some Hitlerian figure, it's hard to have any confidence that they would do the moral thing and refrain from cheating to oust him.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:59 PM

41,966 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Each state has its own system of counting votes. That's not going to change.

Pennsylvania decided not to have an early vote count, waiting instead to count all ballots after the polls closed on Tuesday night. Turnout was heavy, both in person and by mail/drop off. It takes extra time to prepare the mail ballots for the scanners. Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's the first big election since the state adopted mail voting. The process will be adjusted to go more smoothly next time.

There is no conspiracy or fraud here.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
I was awake until 2am.and Trump was comfortably ahead in all these states until these mysterious middle of the night voter dumps in places like Michigan and Wisconsin
And you still can't prove something that never happened, can you?

We'll wait.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:02 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
I was awake until 2am.and Trump was comfortably ahead in all these states until these mysterious middle of the night voter dumps in places like Michigan and Wisconsin
These states have republican legislatures; they appoint the ELECTORS, not the state AG or the Governor.

With the PA Senate taking control of the ballot process and stating clearly the PA law will be followed (not new ballots after 8pm) and those ballots cast outside of PA law (matching signatures, water spot, not filled in by machine, with only registered voters accepted) will be nullified!!!

This could be the beginning of the end for the democrat conspirators. Let us hope that all of those who attempted this coup and produced the fake ballots will receive the maximum sentences.

The PA Senate majority leader emphasized , "the integrity of the election process must be restored".

Old 11-06-2020, 07:02 PM

127 posts, read 54,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Refreshing?!! you had 4 years of it,..lol.
Yeah, and I still can't get enough of it. I'm already missin' it. These years have flown by, somehow, way too fast, I should have enjoyed them more. There's no one else like Donald.
Ivanka cannot replace him.

During the four years, I became a Trump speech expert, and I can tell you, the speech today and yesterday, Trump was different. He did not say it but I could feel that he has lost confidence and has become very sad, but hides it. Trump is a realist, he knows he has little chances to win lawsuits. But somehow I still hope that the voting re-count will turn Phila and Georgia red, and that Biden will only have 270 and that one faithless elector will change history. In 2020, everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
People say we need to Unite. Sure,..as long as it's your ideology. And we'll riot and accost you trying to eat dinner if you don't.

btw,..love your music.

thanks Personally, I think America, just like other western countries, has always been divided and there is no such a thing as "unity". It is not more and not less divided now than it has been in the past. People live and exist in a fragmanted society. Actually, because Americas has only a two-party system, I even believe that America is less divided than multi-party nations. There are now countries in Europe where you have six different parties, they range from 12% to 35%. These countries are also very divided, we just don't hear much from them because they are small, while America is big and noisy. Unity is utopia than can never be achieved. Actually, when politicians talk of unity...to me it always is equivalent to "they've got nothing to say".

Old 11-06-2020, 07:11 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,750 times
Default Rudy Giuliani talks about the Massive fraud in this dirty election

Get em Rudy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zb-uzUaCmY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies